Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 274 85.6%
  • NO

Votes: 46 14.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I unlocked my MI4c's bootloader on the 5.1 version via 'fastboot oem unlock' a year ago. Upgrading to newer ROMS never changed the status of the bootloader - it remained unlocked. But after upgrading to the new Android 7.0 ROMs, my bootloader is suddenly locked again, so I can't do incremental upgrades again (from 7.2.16/17 to 7.2.23/24, for instance). Can't get into recovery mode/TWRP, as usual. Only fastboot access is available, but the bootloader is not responding to a simple 'fastboot oem unlock' this time around.

Why does the bootloader get locked, when I'm purely flashing Xiaomi EU ROMS? It happened when upgrading from 5.1 to 7.0 ROMs.

I unlocked my MI4c's bootloader on the 5.1 version via 'fastboot oem unlock' a year ago. Upgrading to newer ROMS never changed the status of the bootloader - it remained unlocked. But after upgrading to the new Android 7.0 ROMs, my bootloader is suddenly locked again, so I can't do incremental upgrades again (from 7.2.16/17 to 7.2.23/24, for instance). Can't get into recovery mode/TWRP, as usual. Only fastboot access is available, but the bootloader is not responding to a simple 'fastboot oem unlock' this time around.

Why does the bootloader get locked, when I'm purely flashing Xiaomi EU ROMS? It happened when upgrading from 5.1 to 7.0 ROMs.
When you upgrade from 5.1 to 7 it will relock the bootloader. If you proceed the unlock "officially way" it remains unlocked every time you do the upgrade with xiaomi.eu roms.

Reactions: fxfxfx

READ 1st post in every new ROM thread.... explained 1000x so far.

When you upgrade from 5.1 to 7 it will relock the bootloader. If you proceed the unlock "officially way" it remains unlocked every time you do the upgrade with xiaomi.eu roms.

Thanks for the quick reply and explanation, mate.

Reactions: Motox
Anyone knows how to avoid that xiaomi.eu rom replaces my twrp recovery for his own version? I was using twrp 3.0.3-0 test version from xda and now I got 3.0.2-3 version

Bug : Probably already been said, but seems third party apps don't have Microphone permission also if I have give them! Tried with Whatsapp, Telegram and Shazam! I'm on MI4C

Question : if I update to the newest weekly built, have I to unlock the bootloader again?

Anyone knows how to avoid that xiaomi.eu rom replaces my twrp recovery for his own version? I was using twrp 3.0.3-0 test version from xda and now I got 3.0.2-3 version
Bug : Probably already been said, but seems third party apps don't have Microphone permission also if I have give them! Tried with Whatsapp, Telegram and Shazam! I'm on MI4C

Question : if I update to the newest weekly built, have I to unlock the bootloader again?

About bugs; which version of the ROM are you using? use 2.24 and try again.
No, you won't have to unlock bootloader ever again. It is unlocked forever! Enjoy! lol j/k if you flash the Official ROM from their official website then your bootloader will be locked again.

Reactions: xp5800

Have you installed twrp? If you installed twrp you can update from twrp Mode.

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk

Screenshot_2017-02-26-11-23-16-033_com.quoord.tapatalkHD.png

Right now I have the second ROM that you put in the 7.2.23 folder and it seems that the load is not going well. The ROM in the 7.2.24 folder is different?.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody has maybe a solution for that seperate volume sliders issue during a call (controlling media and call seperately)? Is it perhaps something that can be added to the .EU version? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_140449.jpg
    IMG_20170226_140449.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 292

I do have the same issues.
Did you fixed them with the new update?

Reactions: xp5800
I just installed the ROM for mi 4s which is in the 7.2.24 folder, and now everything works perfectly. Thank you very much Xiaomi.eu. Thank you for your effort

Reactions: Mario1944
After no answer, I ask again.
Anybody knows why only 4 A-53 Cores are working on Mi4S?
The 2 ARM Cortex A-57 are stopped under Nougat.
Any solution for this?

I just installed the ROM for mi 4s which is in the 7.2.24 folder, and now everything works perfectly. Thank you very much Xiaomi.eu. Thank you for your effort

Do all your Cores are working on your 4S?

Did you delete all your bluetooth devices(settings>bluetooth on,>right arrow>unpair),then reboot phone?!After reboot,turn Bluetooth on and pair again.

Yes I did,
Sometimes I loose connection and can't connect until I wipe dalvik &cache

Bugs on weekly 7.2.24. on my Mi5s. When I slide up and search bar opens, it shows wrong phone number of a person whom I'm searching. Then, when I'm searching the web with that search bar, I'm transfered through Baidu.
Beside that, when my phone try to recognize what song is playing on radio, it shows that song on Baidu browser, not my Chrome.

It's not a big deal but it would be nice if that was fixed. :)

Reactions: John Power
Status
Not open for further replies.