Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 274 85.6%
  • NO

Votes: 46 14.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugs on weekly 7.2.24. on my Mi5s. When I slide up and search bar opens, it shows wrong phone number of a person whom I'm searching. Then, when I'm searching the web with that search bar, I'm transfered through Baidu.
Beside that, when my phone try to recognize what song is playing on radio, it shows that song on Baidu browser, not my Chrome.

It's not a big deal but it would be nice if that was fixed. :)
I check it too .I confirm mi5s

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Besides autorotation problem (which doesn't work or it works completely unpredictable), I'm experiencing problems with saving taken photos. Taking photo vertically it saves it horizontal or up side down.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Morvarid
Mi4c battery widget error
Screenshot_2017-02-26-19-31-13-624_com.miui.home.png

I saw a new Redmi Note 4 Pro with snapdragon 625 in it and with B20 support. It has global rom only on en.miui.com site. Will it get EU rom like Kate did?

I saw a new Redmi Note 4 Pro with snapdragon 625 in it and with B20 support. It has global rom only on en.miui.com site. Will it get EU rom like Kate did?

You mean
I check it too .I confirm mi5s

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Same here, I'm Mi5s 7.2.23. By the way do you think it's necessary to upgrade to 24 from 23? Maybe it's already 24 when you upgrade...

Reactions: John Power
Device Kate.
When trying to share pic from gallery to whatsapp or telegram I got this:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown element format
at java.text.MessageFormat.parseVariable(MessageFormat.java:975)
at java.text.MessageFormat.applyPattern(MessageFormat.java:416)
at java.text.MessageFormat.<init>(MessageFormat.java:360)
at java.text.MessageFormat.<init>(MessageFormat.java:374)
at java.text.MessageFormat.format(MessageFormat.java:731)
at com.miui.gallery.ui.PhotoPageFragmentBase$ChoiceManagerBase$3.run(PhotoPageFragmentBase.java)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)

After no answer, I ask again.
Anybody knows why only 4 A-53 Cores are working on Mi4S?
The 2 ARM Cortex A-57 are stopped under Nougat.
Any solution for this?
Ask xiaomi.eu team about it.. They don't want to fix it.

Another week more than I do not see anything to rejoice. They should optimize the use of ram memory and battery expense in addition to better take advantage of our xiaomi hardware that will look and feel fast and light not to feel heavier and lazy with each update , Add API like camera 2 and vulkan, the processing of photographs can improve, add gestures with the fingerprint reader, in addition it is necessary to speak clear the notifications system is more than discontinued in devices Android 6.0+ should leave the Android stock, this If I would make MIUI advance not adding unnecessary features that make this layer heavier and loaded with things that most users will never use, instead of adding things to the dumb should improve and optimize to the maximum what they already have, putting EMUI Was of the worst Asian layers (heavy, overloaded applications, replacing Android stock functions that ended up working worse, bad battery management, etc.) and EMUI is currently giving MIUI a thousand laps, in my opinion MIUI should do a serious cleaning remove Functions and modifications in MIUI that makes better Android stock, in addition to worrying more to update the version of Android than to update the layer MIUI, to put the batteries with the updates as they are currently doing the Asian huawei, one plus and above all listen to his Community, looking for more the path to Android stock, clear while still being MIUI and is possible EMUI example, so let's not be a conformist community and let us hear, this is not littering on xiaomi for nothing done MIUI I love and EMUI I hated it only because I am currently witnessing how MIUI lags far behind the competition software that for example is implementing artificial intelligence in its layers, removing things that do not work. While ours puts effects, oppresses the calculator and little else.

Agree Man.hardware good ... weak software. I often wonder ... the leading software division, have not seen other phones ??

Reactions: Morvarid
Just to confirm my understanding of update my Mi 4C to Android 7.0.

1. Install MIUI 6.12.22 thru standard update (Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip)
2. Unlock bootloader
3. Install MIUI 7.2.24 thru standard update (Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip)
4. Unlock bootloader again (check your bootloader status by command "fastboot oem device-info")
5. Install TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"
6. Install latest SuperSU.
Am I right? Or forgot something? Thank you in advance for help.

Reactions: dismacul
@sndpbbx and @Tribal
Check with Kernel aditorium app it reads cores correctly (you need root).
Or just test it with Antutu benchmark - if the score is good, than all cores are firing....
I've checked with AnTuTu, cores doesn't work, result is 47k. But on official roms and roms by Multirom all cores works.

I have updated my Redmi 3s Pro from 8.0 to this version from TWR and now my phone is bricked.

The fastboot option is available, but I can not go to EDL o Recovery.

I have try MiFlash but I get FAILED remote: Critical partition flashing is not allowed

I have asked for unlock to xiaomi but they will answer me in 10 days.

Can you help me please?
You had unofficially unlocked bootloader, that`s why it is locked now
Try this method for switching to EDL mode http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=384989&highlight=edl+with+locked+bootloader
If successful you can flash official fastboot MIUI rom and later unlock officially

Fyi

Regarding cores behaviour issue after upgrade to Android 7 based MIUI:

In case of Mi5 we have had the same issue that 2 cores are always inactive according to CPU-Z, AIDA64...etc 3rd party apps. But this is false result for sure because these apps just read the CPU state incorrectly. If you have doubt just enable "Show CPU usage" in "Developer options" and check the on-screen display result. It will display the correct CPU state as all 4 cores are actively running just divided to 2 clusters (0-1 and 2-3). Please check my screenshots below:

CPU state according to AIDA64 during heavy load (2 cores are sleeping and downclocked) :

041212u8yspbgsb8zlm6ss.png

CPU state according to built-in CPU information during heavy load (all 4 cores are active, divided to 2 clusters and running on maximum frequencies) :

Screenshot_2017-02-16-16-26-40-339_com.FireproofStudios.TheRoom3.png

So, nothing to worry about...

Had me loads of unexpected reboots on 2.23. After dalvik/cache cleaning it was better but the battery life was not as good as last week's ROM. Gonna test 2.24 to see if it helps....

Sent from my Redmi 3S

Fyi

Regarding cores behaviour issue after upgrade to Android 7 based MIUI:

In case of Mi5 we have had the same issue that 2 cores are always inactive according to CPU-Z, AIDA64...etc 3rd party apps. But this is false result for sure because these apps just read the CPU state incorrectly. If you have doubt just enable "Show CPU usage" in "Developer options" and check the on-screen display result. It will display the correct CPU state as all 4 cores are actively running just divided to 2 clusters (0-1 and 2-3). Please check my screenshots below:

CPU state according to AIDA64 during heavy load (2 cores are sleeping and downclocked) :

View attachment 15393

CPU state according to built-in CPU information during heavy load (all 4 cores are active, divided to 2 clusters and running on maximum frequencies) :

View attachment 15394

So, nothing to worry about...
I know that and that cores are working, but utilities like aida64 works properly on builds by other teams, they shows all 6 cores in work on Mi4s. And only on xiaomi.eu builds there is a problem. And we still hear sounds in silent mode. Only on xiaomi.eu.

Last edited:
Installed 7.2.24 on my MI MIX
So far so good, I didn't find any bugs

Antutu Benchmark result is slightly above 120k, which is below any other device that has Snapdragon 820/821 according to Antutu performance ranking.

Is this normal ? What result do you get ?

Status
Not open for further replies.