MIUI 8.2 7.2.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updater route is still a no go for M5. It does a fast decryption and asks for reboot then enters TWRP and no install. Trying to flash the file gives corrupted zip and redownload is needed.
Direct flash in TWRP without problem and working good

(mi5s 3/64) i'm on global rom right now. twrp installed unlocked obviously :) So i have a question. Can anyone help me how to install step by step? it's not my first time flashing a rom on a phone but first post says to not delete /system partition?

1)Go twrp
2)Wipe everything except internal storage
3)install rom
4)benefit ?

Why first post says not to wipe /system partition?

I have redmi note 3 pro(kenzo) with twrp 3.0.2.2 and 7.1.19 eu rom. Can I just flash it via updater app or do I need to update twrp first. If so, can I use twrp from the link in first post of this topic or do I need to find twrp for my phone?
I had battery issues with google services (no deep sleep) with 7.1.19.
Hope it is resolved with this release.

miunlock.png

"Couldn't verify device" Is this normal? Trying to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 4c.

Last edited:
Mi Note Pro battery drains drastically. For last 5 hours I discharge my phone for the second time and need to plug the charger. 50% of battery use is for "Android system". With 6.12.22 I was able to use my phone for 10-11 hours.

After update my Mi Max 2/16 connects to wifi but without internet. I made data wipe from twrp but the problem persists. Can I turn back to 6.12.22 flashing the zip in twrp?
Update: wifi can connect to internet only after 4-5 minutes after activation, it's more bothering

Updated Mi Note Pro sucessfully.Apparently the bootloader is not locked, but i am unable to access TWRP. There were a few red lines on installation log but there was not a problem.For the moment I can say: noting new, but the performance is worse than on the 6.12.22.Hope it will be better in the next builds!

Mi Note Pro battery drains drastically. For last 5 hours I discharge my phone for the second time and need to plug the charger. 50% of battery use is for "Android system". With 6.12.22 I was able to use my phone for 10-11 hours.

Same issue for me and a friend of mine... high temperature (37°) and huge battery drain... and I can't even go in TWRP to try delete data because it just turn off after showing for a while the MI logo... what can we do now?

(mi5s 3/64) i'm on global rom right now. twrp installed unlocked obviously :) So i have a question. Can anyone help me how to install step by step? it's not my first time flashing a rom on a phone but first post says to not delete /system partition?

1)Go twrp
2)Wipe everything except internal storage
3)install rom
4)benefit ?

Why first post says not to wipe /system partition?

On some devices wiping /system leads to bootloops or soft bricks, then you have to restore via MiFlash a Fastboot version of Global Developer or whatever you like.

Mi4c. Sorry to say that but I'm forced to get back to 6.12.22 coz of battery issues. Been waiting for long time for v.7 and here we go.. Hope you'll deal with that soon. Thank you for all work you've done and for your efforts to bring us the latest from MIUI and Android.

Reactions: dismacul
@ingbrzy

Update at 16:00, Feb. 10: MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 7.2.9 for Mi 4c and Mi 4S suspended for now. We've got some user reports that Mi 4c and Mi 4S might be stuck at the pattern lock interface. MIUI developers are checking this issue now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In http://en.miui.com/thread-500488-1-1.html
I thought too but after about 5 minutes everything is ok

Envoyé de mon Mi-4c en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: paulpap
On some devices wiping /system leads to bootloops or soft bricks, then you have to restore via MiFlash a Fastboot version of Global Developer or whatever you like.
I have a question:how necessary is this wiping? Do you know wether it would make a Redmi pro device softbricked?

Sent from my Redmi Pro

I have a question:how necessary is this wiping? Do you know wether it would make a Redmi pro device softbricked?

Sent from my Redmi Pro

Don't know, I know for sure that it ends up in trouble with Mi5 and Redmi Note 2.
Usually it is not THAT necessary.
Factory Reset should be more than enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morvarid
Status
Not open for further replies.