MIUI 8.2 7.2.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Means nothing..

~Tapatalk Mi5~
OK how can I return it?As I had it in developer options before. One interesting thing is that it comes on the above search bar but when I push it. There is no "mi unlock status"

Sent from my Redmi Pro

Installed 7.2.9 on mi4c and lost twrp.
I already did the request for unlock the bootloader and now...waiting.
To install twrp I need to wait till unlock bootloader?

Installed 7.2.9 on mi4c and lost twrp.
I already did the request for unlock the bootloader and now...waiting.
To install twrp I need to wait till unlock bootloader?

Yes you need unlock bootloader, you can always unlock it by reflashing with old miui 7 using miflash and then unlock it. But once you install 7.2.9 bootloader will be locked again. Atleast that's what i get when using TWRP 3.0.2.0 Libra

Reactions: RFontes
I have

I have not understand. I have to install global dev? Or i can unlock device without global dev?

You have to search on en.miui forum. You have to apply online and Xiaomi will send you a code to use to unlock the bootloader online with Mi Unlock tool.
At first bootloader was unlocked (at least on Mi Note Pro) then ROM updates introduced locked bootloader and the applying process.

Hi! Just intalled 8.1.2 on my redmi note 3 pro and during first run i've got a message "unable to find device. An error occured" or something and i can't skip it. So can anyone tell me how to cure it if it's possible?

You have to search on en.miui forum. You have to apply online and Xiaomi will send you a code to use to unlock the bootloader online with Mi Unlock tool.
At first bootloader was unlocked (at least on Mi Note Pro) then ROM updates introduced locked bootloader and the applying process.

So i have to install global dev to request unlock code?

Yes you need unlock bootloader, you can always unlock it by reflashing with old miui 7 using miflash and then unlock it. But once you install 7.2.9 bootloader will be locked again. Atleast that's what i get when using TWRP 3.0.2.0 Libra

You can unlock it again after you installed 7,2,9 with Mi Unlock without any problem.

Reactions: Morvarid
UPDATE :

We made New TWRP recoveries for Android 7 for the next devices....
Mi Max (Hydrogen) => http://ota.xiaomi-miui.gr/downloads/roms/Mi-MAX/twrp-hydrogen-7.img
Mi Max PRO (Hellium) => http://ota.xiaomi-miui.gr/downloads/roms/Mi_Max_PRO/twrp-helium-7.img
Mi-4S (Aqua) => http://ota.xiaomi-miui.gr/downloads/roms/Mi-4S/twrp-aqua-7.img

The Above TWRP Recoveries are packed with new Android 7 Kernel in case you have problems with current Twrp Version.
You can test them and give us some feed-back ...

Enjoy new Android 7 Roms for Miui 8 !!!
Just tried your TWRP for Mi4s, it doesn't works for me, just got bootloop after fastboot boot twrp-aqua-7.img. Came back to Mi4c's TWRP 3.0.3-0 - works perfectly.

Last edited:
Just tried your TWRP for Mi4s, it doesn't works for me, just got bootloop after fastboot boot twrp-aqua-7.img. Came back to Mi4c's TWRP 3.0.3-3 - works perfectly.

Just a Reminder...
You can use and test those recoveries ONLY after you flashed at latest 7.2.9 ROM (Nougat).
Can't be used on earlier versions ...

In case any of those recoveries not working for you we will update them with new ones (fixed).

I have successfully updated my Mi Note Pro to latest 7.2.9 and installed working TWRP and Root via MIUI Hellas (thanks).
Ad Away won't work, don't know why.

Just a Reminder...
You can use and test those recoveries ONLY after you flashed at latest 7.2.9 ROM (Nougat).
Can't be used on earlier versions ...

In case any of those recoveries not working for you we will update them with new ones (fixed).
Yes, I'm on 7.2.9 now and first version of your TWRP for Mi4s doesn't works for me.

Xiaomi only allows you to unlock your bootloader once every 30 days...
At this point the weekly updates no longer make sense.
Thanks for this gift...Xiaomi
What prevents you from signing up a new account whenever you need it?

Xiaomi only allows you to unlock your bootloader once every 30 days...
At this point the weekly updates no longer make sense.
Thanks for this gift...Xiaomi
It refers to different devices but same device can be unlocked anytime without limitation

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Morvarid
No codes, only an authorization.

Using mi4s with the first 7.2.9 build wifi MAC address was changing evey time I reboot the phone, didn't try with the latest one. Can anyone confirm this with the latest 7.2.9 build?

well a lot of complaints about bootloader relock and missing twrp are in the thread,does 3S/3X have that issue?

Sent from my Redmi 3X using Tapatalk
Did you read the 2nd post ? The bootloader is being relocked because of change from L to N on those devices. So no, 3S/3X are fine.

Rule of a thumb - Nougat is considered a work in progress, therefore if anyone wants a stable device, go flash stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.