Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 192 80.0%
  • NO

Votes: 48 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was running MIUI 8 7.3.16 on MI4C (2GB RAM version) and decided to update to this. I installed TWRP for 7.0 libra, and then proceed to the update process, having also unlocked my bootloader.

The Process:
1 - Open updater app, selected the corresponding package
2 - Phone went directly to TWRP, as expected, but did not start the process automatically. This being, I selected the .zip file and installed.
3 - Wiped dalvik cache and cache, proceeding to a system reboot.
4 - Took some time to boot but everything was ok.

Now the problem itself:
I've done a fresh install on 7.3.16, having available 1.2 GB of cache when no processes where open (simple cache clear from recents menu).
Having used the updater app, and this was also common in other previous updates, the maximum amount of cache availability that I can have is 787 MB.

What is the cause of this? I've manually wiped cache and dalvik again to check whether some files were causing the issue but no success so far. Anyone care to help out?

I'll do this. The two lines:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Then

Fastboot boot recovery.img

But on the last's builds, came happening this.
7.3.9, 7.3.16 and now 7.3.23.
I flash the ROM, and twrp is gone, then I had flash twrp again.
But now, I lost my PC, then I will stuck in this build...........

Enviado de meu Redmi 3 usando Tapatalk
What do you mean you have lost your pc ?. To update the ROM you do not need it, I do the following: I download the new ROM from the mobile, restart the phone in revovery mode, select install, and look for the ROM that you download, install, reboot and you're done. it's that easy

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk

GPS not working with Google maps..... Any one can advise how to solve the problem..... The map run backwards when u driving..... And the maps is lagging.... Thks

I am using weekly rom. For mi max phone

I'll do this. The two lines:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Then

Fastboot boot recovery.img

But on the last's builds, came happening this.
7.3.9, 7.3.16 and now 7.3.23.
I flash the ROM, and twrp is gone, then I had flash twrp again.
But now, I lost my PC, then I will stuck in this build...........

Enviado de meu Redmi 3 usando Tapatalk
in the link i posted it says that you have to boot into twrp via buttons for the first time to make it permanent. (not via fastboot command). steps 17 to 19.

hope you get your pc again.

reading mode still not available for rmn4 (nikel) and the white icon background is stupidly ugly.
No...
This is not true! Reading Mode is available and worked without problems in RN4 (nikel)! Do not talk nonsense ...

mby just put it out of the pulldown menue by accident. pull down click on edit and scroll down. (only the first 11 buttons can be reached from pulldown.)

edit: sorry for doublepost.

No...
This is not true! Reading Mode is available and worked without problems in RN4 (nikel)! Do not talk nonsense ...
884362_screenshot20170325160957129com.android.chrome.png

Mine doesn't work, it doesn't do anything

Simply try out one of the 1000+ icon packs available inside the theme app. Temporary messed up default icons is nothing to worry up... And watch your language, no one and especially YOU does not have the right to say the miui.eu team has ****ed up anything...
chill man, look what i wrote before!!
i said miui team. i didn't mentioned anything about xiaomi.eu!! and i've reverted back to 7.3.16 everything is fine now.

Reactions: Stefano131270
how exactly did you flash twrp? sounds like you flashed just temporarely instead of persistant.

It was permanently flashed and I was using these builds for the past year.

I had to reflash TWRP again and boot into it manually (vol - and + and power) so I can flash SuperSU

Hi,

I am new to xiaomi.eu, and please excuse me if I am repeating this.
My MI5 pro (64GB version) is currently running on 8.1.4 global stable, bootloader locked. I want to install xiaomi.eu 8.2 stable. Is it possible to install it using update app with BL still locked? or is it mandatory to unlock BL and install TWRP?

Hi,

I am new to xiaomi.eu, and please excuse me if I am repeating this.
My MI5 pro (64GB version) is currently running on 8.1.4 global stable, bootloader locked. I want to install xiaomi.eu 8.2 stable. Is it possible to install it using update app with BL still locked? or is it mandatory to unlock BL and install TWRP?

Is mandatory to unlock BL and install TWRP

Hi, in this rim, where is scanner app? It delited?

Redmi note 2 prime
Yes , deleted but if you really want it ou can find it here

teddybearMembers

Since the last update the scanner app is not. Anyone know why?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk
The MiuiScanner.apk path miui_HMNote2Global_7.3.23_51ab38e9d7_5.0.zip/data/miui/app/noncustomized/MiuiScanner/MiuiScanner.apk
Same path in China developer version
Extract and install and works !
http://bigota.d.miui.com/7.3.23/miui_HMNote2Global_7.3.23_51ab38e9d7_5.0.zip

Which Teddybear kindly found

Reactions: Stefano131270
On the phone n3pro everything works perfectly. There are no glitches not censures. There are errors, but nothing to do with it.
The charge icon did not see the truth of this. I have a normal charging icon.
Russian language.

Don't know why but charging icon os always there with normal andan QC

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

I don't have it and I'm using original charger.

Tapatalk - Redmi Note 4 MKT
This seems to be Qualcomm`s sign for quick charge, your device has MTK so...no quick charge icon
It also seems to be only QC3 devices specific icon as I have it on Mi5 but not on Mi4(QC2) with same charger

Last edited:
The chrome is still flying out. Every week the same thing. The firmware is eating a lot of RAM. Many applications close with an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.