Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 192 80.0%
  • NO

Votes: 48 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for me on Mi4c Previous build 7.3.16 was OK.
Also, seems that Google App, is using the Google Home icon and not its big "G" one.
Today, phone got reset while in a call.

From what I can tell after a little testing: when in a dark room, after the slider moves to that minimum light, if you increse the brightness to a value confortable to you on the next time it will stop decreasing on that value. Still testing, but up until now it seems that's the way it's working.

Sorry for ranting on my first post, but... MIUI 8.3 has really pissed me.

I have Redmi4 prada and wanted to use Sports Tracker to track my workout. I disabled battery saving, set battery mode to "no restrictions" and started Sports Tracker. About an hour later I check the phone and guess what? Sports Tracker was killed after 10 minutes :( What a disappointment.

So on 8.3 my phone is not usable as GPS tracker or navigation (unless you don't lock it). Ok, I could live with that, but this doesn't translate to longer battery life. On 8.3 I was able to get about 3 days between charging, moderately using the phone. During the night, battery level drops around 10-15%. And I have battery saving turned on. MIUI 8.2 - my record is 6 days and during the night battery goes down by 2-3%.

So I went back to 7.1.19 (MIUI 8.2) and the phone is usable again. Guess I'll stay away from 8.3 for a while...

Hello to everyone,

I bought a Redmi Note 4x and today I've installed this ROM.

But I can't use GooglePlay at all. In fact it continues to switch between WiFi and Mobile Data and don't download anything,

I tryed to disable dowload limit, reset apn, Wifi, Mobile Data, Cache of the system and of the app but nothing changed.

It's the first time I have to face a problem like this. Some one can help me. Thanks.

This ROM feels less stable, using more resources? Apps having some issues with loading etc.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply DHYNAMiXX.

I have spent all most the time trying to fix this problem, so I have not tested many more also because I can't use Google services for my uses.

I was wondering if I can solve installing the previous build. What do you think??

Think people who work internationally and need to phone UK (or any other country with DST) know how to apply DST to GMT + x where x = -12 to 12 when needed

Sent from my Redmi 3S (land)
Yes - you are absolutely right. You look at the UK on a Xiaomi phone, see that the UK is currently on GMT, and add an hour for DST, and you are ... wrong. You are an hour out.

The hour has already been added.

Thanks for your reply DHYNAMiXX.

I have spent all most the time trying to fix this problem, so I have not tested many more also because I can't use Google services for my uses.

I was wondering if I can solve installing the previous build. What do you think??

I've just started experiencing this problem on this ROM, apps are refusing to update from Google Play. It says waiting for WiFi, but the phone is connected to my WiFi. Even if I put it in airplane mode and enable WiFi (and WiFi is definitely working), it says waiting for WiFi in the play store when trying to download an app. No idea what's causing it.

Yes - you are absolutely right. You look at the UK on a Xiaomi phone, see that the UK is currently on GMT, and add an hour for DST, and you are ... wrong. You are an hour out.

The hour has already been added.
At the moment it's GMT + 1 for DST = BST right?
11905977ef085bf03fb4b46f022fc6f5.jpg

Because Amsterdam is GMT+1 plus 1 for DST = CEST which is correct

Reactions: sota01
I'm having the same issue (waiting for wifi) on 7.2.23 and on 7.3.23 on mi4c

It's clearly that it connected just fine to wifi because browser works perfectly fine.
And the diagnostic tool in security says that it's OK.

Don't know what's wrong.. Setting in the downloads app is set correctly

From what I can tell after a little testing: when in a dark room, after the slider moves to that minimum light, if you increse the brightness to a value confortable to you on the next time it will stop decreasing on that value. Still testing, but up until now it seems that's the way it's working.
i'll try that too, thanks

Hi! I want to change icon 4x5 to 5x6. I can't find theme_values.xml and com.miui.home. Please help me.

It's clearly that it connected just fine to wifi because browser works perfectly fine.

Strangely, I'm having the very similar issue with this waiting for wifi thing, but only on my Mi Max. The same ROM 7.3.23 in Mi 5s doesn't have this problem.

I have installed the previous ROMs 7.3.16 and 7.3.9 and they worked for just a while but, unfortunately, I have got the same issue (waiting for WiFi and switching WiFi/Mobile Data) after few minutes. So I can't download anything from the store. :(

Everything I made (reset, clear cache etc etc) did not solve the issue. :( :(

Little question: is it normal that these roms lacks of some Google Apps like Gmail, Maps etc ???

I never had any problem with Redmi Note 3 Pro.

The problem is present also if I use only mobile data or Wifi. Any solution? My phone is useless. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello. This is my first update of a weekly. I have lost root and recovery. Will I lost data when rooting again?

i came from MiuiPro 6.11.12 last MM update. can i install this Directly from miuipro with All wipes?

Wipe System,data,cache,dalvik>Flash Xiaomi Eu 7.3.23>install TWRP N through OLD TWRP?

Please help me thx

Hello. This is my first update of a weekly. I have lost root and recovery. Will I lost data when rooting again?
No, you should lose just root, xposed and other apps like that

Inviato dal mio MI 4S utilizzando Tapatalk

Same problem here (Mi Note Pro - 7.3.23) - apps are not updating (says "Waiting for wifi").
It seems that there is a bug in this version.

Hello to everyone,

But I can't use GooglePlay at all. In fact it continues to switch between WiFi and Mobile Data and don't download anything,

I tryed to disable dowload limit, reset apn, Wifi, Mobile Data, Cache of the system and of the app but nothing changed.

It's the first time I have to face a problem like this. Some one can help me. Thanks.
I got this problem too and I got it on 7.3.16 as well. Downloading apps via data connection just doesn't work no matter what you do. Is the developer seeing this?

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Hi, I've been experiencing an issue for months now where it seems the option to have wifi turn off when your display is off (the "keep wifi on during sleep" option) doesn't work. No matter what I have it set to my wifi is always on 100% of the time unless I manually toggle it off. It this an issue with the ROM or just me?

Hello to everyone,

I could have found a temporary solution.

As I understand switching between WiFi and Mobile data is not working properly and it may happen that the download stops when both are enabled.

Then it would also be an issue with the update of the Google Play Services which causes a great mess. I've updated manually to version 10.5.42, and everything, except the switching, now seems to be working fine. In fact, I downloaded all my apps with no problems. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nasul9 and YossiSH
At the moment it's GMT + 1 for DST = BST right?
11905977ef085bf03fb4b46f022fc6f5.jpg

Because Amsterdam is GMT+1 plus 1 for DST = CEST which is correct

Yes - description in the settings seem to be correct, but for the clock

Status
Not open for further replies.