Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 192 80.0%
  • NO

Votes: 48 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that the Chinese version also fix the big that you can't switch input method via notification bar. Is it same here?

Hello, I installed a few weeks ago the ROM MIUI 8.2 (6.12.8 | Beta) that I recovered here.
For the installation, I used TRWP.
If I look in the settings of my phone, I see that the version of Android is: 6.0.1.
If I want to install the ROM MIUI 8.2 (7.3.23) I have to install Android 7?
If so, it says: "How to update MI5 to Android 7.0 from Android 6.0: - Install LATEST Android 6.0 release for MI5 6.11.10 ".
So I have to downgrade my phone ? 6.12.8 ---> 6.11.10 ?

Thank's a lot :)

Guys, please check new quick charging icon in status bar and on lock screen...if you have not noticed yet ;)

of course charger must be connected to check it...

Last edited:
This week the apps are still opening themselves in background. Even when I set them to NOT autostart or/and set battery settings as restrict the background activity. It is very annoying as Google Maps and Google Fit is running in background all the time. Also I have Whatsapp set as not autostart, but it keeps running in background and it keeps notifying when I receive a message (I just want to receive the messages when I open the app).

I think I'm rolling back to 7.2.24. Then battery life and autostart settings were running perfectly.

Upgraded from 7.3.2 which seemed a bit laggy and unresponsive on my Mi5, plus CPU-Z always seemed to indicate the CPU wasn't using two of the cores. This version is much more responsive and the phone is flying again. No problems found yet.

Hi,
I am trying to update Kate via OTA but it keeps saying It's not allowed to upgrade to unofficial ROM package. 8.1.3.0 (MHRMIDI) stable at the moment.
I have unlock it allready, what am i missing?

Hi,
I am trying to update Kate via OTA but it keeps saying It's not allowed to upgrade to unofficial ROM package. 8.1.3.0 (MHRMIDI) stable at the moment.
I have unlock it allready, what am i missing?

You need to read the instructions on the first page. OTA install is not possible, you have to install via TWRP.

Reactions: Chuck Gtz
You need to read the instructions on the first page. OTA install is not possible, you have to install via TWRP.

Thank you, most likely my english is not so good:
  • So we decided to STOP OTA support at all.. you have to download ROM manually and install via Updater - menu (...) - Select installation package - reboot (You will not loose your data)
Wich i did, support is not same as not available, don't get me wrong but normally foruns are for helping people not to tell someone go read it. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.