MIUI 8.3 7.3.30

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t probe this version, but never had problem with icons, widget ord playstore, my only problem is with google chrome sometime FC or "¡Oh, no!"

always when I probe some rom, I do full wipe (cache,dalvik,data) and factory reset to a clean flash

MI4C 32 and 16 GB

I totally love my Mi4c. And it really as to be a problem with your terminal. I don't experience none of the problems you state. Neither do two friends of mine who own Mi4c. Of course it's not a perfect phone but it is a great machine.

Agree with you is a good phone, always do a total clean flash ROM, and don´t have problems. the only true is with miui 8.3 put the phone hot

some issue for hmnote4.
the phone accidentally heat up when i did nothing(around 42°c), it currently pretty hot while doing normal uses(browsing web, setting). it did not that hot before (with v7.3.22). and battery drain cause unknow heat is a mess

My Mi5s can't setting APN

i try
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_7.3.30_v8-6.0
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_V8.2.3.0.MAGCNDL_v8-6.0

Same ploblem

Play Store waiting for wifi problem is related with Google Play Services. Solution for this problem is simple - download this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.weberdo.apps.serviceinfo

Open it and press the button "PLAY STORE". When Google Play Services app will open in Play Store, there is option to become a beta tester of Play Services (at least, i have this option). Become a beta tester, new play services app will install automatically and waiting for wifi problem is gone.
I have found this "waiting for WiFi" on one of my two phones, both Mi5's, 128/4GB variety with the same software build and status (unlocked, rooted, TWRP installed).

The only difference i can find is that the size of the the Google Play Services in one installation is double the size (190MB on the unit that works, 388MB on the one which won?t work), the installed version is exactly the same build.

It appears that the app is "double-installed" - anyone else seen the same behaviour?

Cheers,
GM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mali2
Mi5, latest rom, no issue with play store and I'm not a beta tester of google services of any kind.

Mi5, latest rom, no issue with play store and I'm not a beta tester of google services of any kind.
Really? Then pls start to download eg. TuneIn app from play store and make screenshot about downloading in progress state...thx...looking forward...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Really? Then pls start to download eg. TuneIn app from play store and make screenshot about downloading in progress state...thx...looking forward...

Here it is..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-01-09-16-27-112_com.android.vending.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-01-09-16-27-112_com.android.vending.png
    544 KB · Views: 339
Reactions: graw2
Here it is..
Ok thx...Please post screenshot about your Google play store app version as well. Settings > Installed apps > Google play store

Ok thx...Please post screenshot about your Google play store app version as well. Settings > Installed apps > Google play store

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-01-09-23-36-885_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-01-09-23-36-885_com.android.settings.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 374
Most of the users can't download from play store with this app version only after uninstall play store updates...

I think this case also can goes to the X files... :)

@graw2

same version I have :) also no problems downloading from playstore.

after flashing the rom, first thing I did is to log into my Google account.. and acces immediately the Play store and set it to "don't auto update". Old habit that payed off this week :)

ofc. there is another alternative: 4pda moded phonesky.apk who will never update services in backgrownd withtout noticing you.

Most of the users can't download from play store with this app version only after uninstall play store updates...

I think this case also can goes to the X files... :)

As mentioned earlier, I have two identically set up phones, one works fine for Playstore, the other does not - they were both updated to 7.3.30 ROM.
The only difference I could see was that the Google Play Services app total was more than double the size of the other (one at 190MB, the non-functional one at 338MB).

Am digging around to see if I can find any other differences which may explain this behaviour.

EDIT: finger-trouble, file size is 388, not 338MB.....

Last edited:
As mentioned earlier, I have two identically set up phones, one works fine for Playstore, the other does not - they were both updated to 7.3.30 ROM.
The only difference I could see was that the Google Play Services app total was more than double the size of the other (one at 190MB, the non-functional one at 338MB).

Am digging around to see if I can find any other differences which may explain this behaviour.

Thx 4 additional info (mine is 377MB)

CHANGELOG

Security
New - Manage autostart for system apps (03-28)

System
Optimization - System stability improved (03-28)

Reverted ugly white icons background
Added Hungarian translation to MiMIX and MiNote2
Fixed contacts dial shortcuts on the homescreen

Mi4C/Mi4S/MiNotePRO if you update from earlier than 7.3.9 release, DISABLE Pattern unlock screen before update!

HM3 / HMNote3PRO / HMNote3SE reboot to TWRP via buttons combination for install update
Weather app dosen'r work on redmi note 2 prime

Screenshot_2017-04-01-09-24-27-638_com.miui.securitycenter.png

SOT 2.47h, 10 minutes gaming, the rest only browser and messenger. really bad..
back to .23 mi5s

there is problems with dark themes? open settings and rotate display, it shows white then.. is it xiaomi.eu problem or MIUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.