MIUI 8.3 7.3.30

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ingbrzy In this ROM my widgets disappear.
The same thing happened to me with the ROM of last week.

I have Xiaomi Mi4s.

I totally love my Mi4c. And it really as to be a problem with your terminal. I don't experience none of the problems you state. Neither do two friends of mine who own Mi4c. Of course it's not a perfect phone but it is a great machine.

hm, maybe you use you phone only like a watch and never had any problem. :)
Mi4c is the best xiaomi phone ever. Are you happy? A little bit?

Reactions: Nicko Woo
And, if so, won't I loose TWRP?
And if not, will installing xiaomi.eu rom be performed the same way?
You will not lose TWRP ofc. Factory reset in TWRP means wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik/art
Install the same way with factory reset

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gr33n C0d3r
Was having problems downloading apps through google play store (it would always state "waiting for wi-fi", even though Wi-Fi was on), and tried updating to this latest one... Only to find out that "magically" I lost TWRP recovery... There's also no recovery on my phone ATM and I'm not able to flash over fastboot or EDL mode (fastboot flash recovery says the partition is Locked), it seems like the bootloader is locked although I NEVER installed official roms on my device...

Can anyone help me out ?

Device is a Mi4C currently with Miui 8.3 (7.2.16) from this forum.. there is no recovery installed ATM (either factory recovery or TWRP) and I cannot find one thread/solution to this problem...

PS: can't install TWRP through google play store (also because of the bug I am experiencing) because the phone isn't rooted (I thought all weekly roms came rooted by default?)....

You will not lose TWRP ofc. Factory reset in TWRP means wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik/art
Install the same way with factory reset

Is there any step by step tutorial here on the forum or elsewhere?
I'd love to have one, in case I decide to do a downgrade.

Cheers

Play Store waiting for wifi problem is related with Google Play Services. Solution for this problem is simple - download this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.weberdo.apps.serviceinfo

Open it and press the button "PLAY STORE". When Google Play Services app will open in Play Store, there is option to become a beta tester of Play Services (at least, i have this option). Become a beta tester, new play services app will install automatically and waiting for wifi problem is gone.

Reactions: Ayoze
Great as usual. :)

I read somewhere, that in xiaomi.eu ROMs there's a built-in patch for bad microphone quality for Redmi 3S. Is it true? I don't have to flash it manually anymore?

yes, I have wiped everything, including System. I have tried several times, and also with different weekly builds, but it just does not work to open Settings.
Then flash official fastboot rom and start from the beginning and it will work.
Flash latest fastboot rom
Unlock bootloader
Flash twrp
Make factory reset (data, cache and dalvik)
Install eu rom
Reboot
Done

Play Store waiting for wifi problem is related with Google Play Services. Solution for this problem is simple - download this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.weberdo.apps.serviceinfo

Open it and press the button "PLAY STORE". When Google Play Services app will open in Play Store, there is option to become a beta tester of Play Services (at least, i have this option). Become a beta tester, new play services app will install automatically and waiting for wifi problem is gone.
Ok, but this action needs Google play, which is again Waiting for the wifi... I have the same problem on MiNote Pro.

Ok, but this action needs Google play, which is again Waiting for the wifi... I have the same problem on MiNote Pro.
Uninstall Google play store app updates and then download via link

Last edited:
Ask @Arincu, he does not have any problem with Mi4c

P.S. install twrp via fastboot method

Thanks for the fast response. I am currently unable to do that as apparently my bootloader got locked somehow (despite always using 3rd party roms, either from Xiaomi.eu or others (like CM or mokee)) and I do not have any recovery installed...

I'm now in the process of installing some official fastboot devrom, locking my bootloader on purpose(already asked again for unlock on the miui site for that) and start over from there (see if stock recovery got fixed in the process and all that...)...

It's strange how I lost recovery all of the sudden, remind you that I was able to install 7.2.16 (released a few weeks ago) through TWRP (always had TWRP installed since I got it from the store). And the device was always rooted (I think android version was 6.something based on android 5), because I've always used weekly release roms (which on their specific threads stated they were rooted).

EDIT: Current system updated and screenshot added as attachment. Will stay on chinese rom until I get my request for unlock fulfilled from miui...

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Was having problems downloading apps through google play store (it would always state "waiting for wi-fi", even though Wi-Fi was on), and tried updating to this latest one... Only to find out that "magically" I lost TWRP recovery... There's also no recovery on my phone ATM and I'm not able to flash over fastboot or EDL mode (fastboot flash recovery says the partition is Locked), it seems like the bootloader is locked although I NEVER installed official roms on my device...

Can anyone help me out ?

Device is a Mi4C currently with Miui 8.3 (7.2.16) from this forum.. there is no recovery installed ATM (either factory recovery or TWRP) and I cannot find one thread/solution to this problem...

PS: can't install TWRP through google play store (also because of the bug I am experiencing) because the phone isn't rooted (I thought all weekly roms came rooted by default?)....

Great as usual. :)

I read somewhere, that in xiaomi.eu ROMs there's a built-in patch for bad microphone quality for Redmi 3S. Is it true? I don't have to flash it manually anymore?
Which patch do you mean?

~Tapatalk Mi5~

I'm now in the process of installing some official fastboot devrom, locking my bootloader on purpose(already asked again for unlock on the miui site for that) and start over from there (see if stock recovery got fixed in the process and all that...)...

it seems the best (easiest) solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.