MIUI 8.3 7.3.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GPS doesn't work in Australia. I tried installing China stable 6.0 and it works perfectly. Then I followed the instructions on this post to update to android 7 from android 6. Got only 2 satellites but no lock. Updated AGPS and nothing, zero, zilch! Looks like my only options are chinese characters and bloatware or LOS.
n.b. I've been trying for months to get GPS working. Clean installs. Reinstalling china roms and then eu rom/s, changing gps.config files. Same problem every time. GPS doesn't work for Oceania region.

So far, so good. :) And screen recorder works awesome.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I keep my phone in English (MAX PRO). Found this not translated, still in Chinese
Settings - additional settings - accessibility - security
fde6802158c895f16ea4816d6eb059ed.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

GPS doesn't work in Australia. I tried installing China stable 6.0 and it works perfectly. Then I followed the instructions on this post to update to android 7 from android 6. Got only 2 satellites but no lock. Updated AGPS and nothing, zero, zilch! Looks like my only options are chinese characters and bloatware or LOS.
n.b. I've been trying for months to get GPS working. Clean installs. Reinstalling china roms and then eu rom/s, changing gps.config files. Same problem every time. GPS doesn't work for Oceania region.
Not sure if this helps, but did you tried faster gps app?

8efa984d720a067c7b9551d3a834a0e2.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

In the list of devices there is stated Android 7 for Mi 4s. Is this true? Do we have already MIUI8.2 bsing on Android 7?
Yes. True.. the last release is 7.2.23. The next will be 7.3.13/14 (as op stated on the first page)

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Not sure if this helps, but did you tried faster gps app?

8efa984d720a067c7b9551d3a834a0e2.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it just to be sure and i've tried another similar app without success. Seems like the EU rom just doesn't like Oceania. The Global is almost as bad. The China roms work perfectly with 17+ satellites and lock within 20 seconds. If only I could remove all the chinese bloatware and characters, i'd use it. I like everything else about the EU rom but I need GPS every day for my work so not having it is a deal breaker for me. Might have to try Lineage over the China 7.0 stable version.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it just to be sure and i've tried another similar app without success. Seems like the EU rom just doesn't like Oceania. The Global is almost as bad. The China roms work perfectly with 17+ satellites and lock within 20 seconds. If only I could remove all the chinese bloatware and characters, i'd use it. I like everything else about the EU rom but I need GPS every day for my work so not having it is a deal breaker for me. Might have to try Lineage over the China 7.0 stable version.
Did you try our 7.3.9? And which device?

~Tapatalk Mi5~

I did dirty install ,I mean updated the previous version without wipe by the updater of miui rom.no problem everything is working but battery drain is increased ,is not it

view
Did you try our 7.3.9? And which device?

~Tapatalk Mi5~
Hi @ingbrzy. I have a Mi5 64gb. Currently on eu 8.2.1.0 Stable. I just did a factory reset via TWRP and installed AndroiTS GPS Test and managed lock on 10/13 satellites after 15 minutes. Going to redo every setting change and app installation and test in between them. Something must be conflicting/interfering with the GPS. Thought it might be in the micloud backup that I restored but still had the problem without it. Must be one of my 99 apps. After calibration, managed 10/10 satellites and lock in 4 seconds.

Mr ingbrzy: In Romanian, the text of some icons is too long. In this case, it appears truncated. Display it on two lines, please!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3.

I was able to enter twrp now.

I had to use 'vol up + vol down + power'.
Insatelled supersu from there.

I'll look to see if it's rooted...

I used this solution and it works. Vol+, vol- and power. I also returned to version 7.2.24 from my backup and TWRP start again from update menu. (Redmi 3)

Thank you

Hello everybody and thank you again for your great work.

I have a small question. I am currently using Xiaomi Eu V8.0.10.0.MAGCNDH on my Mi5S and I would like to update to V8.2.2.0.MAGCNDL.
What is the best way to proceed?
1- Can I use the included Update App of the phone?
2- Can I do a dirty flash through TWRP?
3- Should I wipe everything + factory reset before installing this version?

I am waiting for your advice before moving forward.
Thank you.

view

Hi @ingbrzy. I have a Mi5 64gb. Currently on eu 8.2.1.0 Stable. I just did a factory reset via TWRP and installed AndroiTS GPS Test and managed lock on 10/13 satellites after 15 minutes. Going to redo every setting change and app installation and test in between them. Something must be conflicting/interfering with the GPS. Thought it might be in the micloud backup that I restored but still had the problem without it. Must be one of my 99 apps. After calibration, managed 10/10 satellites and lock in 4 seconds.

HI,

You could try this Xioami.eu ROM... https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-5-26-last-miui-7.31811

it is the last Miui 7 china dev rom without all china bloatware. And it works perfectly.

You will not have all the "goodies" from Miui 8: dual apps, cloned bla bla bla...frankly I don't like the MIUI 8 interface and dialer...but it's ok with battery life, wakeups, gps and camera.

It might work for you!!!

Same here, with Redmi 3 Pro, as mentioned some posts before (did not try the fastboot commands, though)!

From ADB also not possible to boot in recovery or in bootloader.Only way is to power off phone and with vol+;vol- and power
boot to recovery or fastboot.When in fastboot I can boot to recovery with fastboot boot recovery.
I wonder what could be the reason for this?

So far so good on Mi5S 4/128, well done team!
Screen recorder appears to work fine.
No specific bug so far, widgets are ll fine here as well...

Cheers,

Adrien

Nope, Silicon one it doesn't matter as same result without the case..
I can confirm that before the Noguat Update I had excellent GPS.. Another concern of mine is that after the Noguat Update I also replaced my phone screen, Any chance I really made damage to the GPS sensor? You know maybe where it sits on so I can check as from what I know I placed all the parts as they should be.. WiFi Signal is as it should be which means the Antenna is connected good..
You should make a trial reflash in marshmallow, you will see then and conclude if you have hw issue, only way.

[QUOTE = "natarau, mesaj: 358388, üye: 129872"] Telefonumu İngilizce tutuyorum (MAX PRO). Bunu çevirmek bulunamadı, hala çince
Custom - ek custom - erişilebilirlik - güvenlik
fde6802158c895f16ea4816d6eb059ed.jpg

Tapatalk'u kullanarak MI MAX'ımdan Gönderildi [/ QUOTE]

Reactions: Stefano131270
Status
Not open for further replies.