MIUI 8.6 7.6.29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unable to add(choose) the ringtone in the "Settings" - "Sound" - "Ringtone" - tap on "plus" sign - via explorer. Explorer does not see any media files in the folders.

Who else can confirm that?
On previous build I had the same problem, now its solved, you have to choose first icon "Music" and your files will be here.

On previous build I had the same problem, now its solved, you have to choose first icon "Music" and your files will be here.
Yeah, i can do that in the Music, as on previous roms, but what's wrong with the expoler? You mean, you can do it via explorer now?

Reactions: andrea68
Yeah, i can do that in the Music, as on previous roms, but what's wrong with the expoler? You mean, you can do it via explorer now?
No, in file explorer still doesnt work, but on my MI4c in previous build I couldnt add own ringtone by any method, now I can do it with first "Music" icon (there is also second Music with different icon)

Reactions: njuman
I'm unable to add(choose) the ringtone in the "Settings" - "Sound" - "Ringtone" - tap on "plus" sign - via explorer. Explorer does not see any media files in the folders.

Who else can confirm that?

Confirm. Files can't be selected for ringtone via explorer because they are not visible. This is what you experienced?

So you can choose the ringtone through explorer? It shows media files in the folders normally?
Блин, друже, ты же русский. Проводник видит музыку в папках и дает ее выбрать?
Yes. For me also normal. (HM4X)

Thanks for this Version. But I hope the automatic brightness ( the reaction to light conditions) for Redmi 4X is now working better.
I give it later a trail for this Version :)

Reactions: pitbula74
The battery recharging seems to be slower than with 7.6.8 on Redmi 4x (HM4X).
Auto-Brightness seems still bit buggy.

Last edited:
Mi Mix 256
Hi Guys, the same issue like last week. No VoLTE furthermore available. Worked fine several updates ago. Please comment the reason why and until when will this be reworked again? Thank you all.

Hi,

im new at xiaomi, so please sorry when i ask some "dumb" questions.

I buyed a mi5s with the global developer version 7.5.25 (for german language) (unlocker bootloader, installed twrp and supersu and has try to update over OTA, but the says thats the latest version. Now im reading here, that the latest version is 7.6.29, but that the OTA-service was stopped.

So, is it right, that i dont get any OTA-Updates or just some later? And is the version, what i can download here, the global one with german language?

hi,
you have to chose download the zip-file to your phone. then restart to recovery in the system updater options. in recovery (twrp, if installed) you chose install, and there you pick the zip-file and install it. afterwards clear dalvik & cache. reboot. normally there are no OTAs in the dev roms.

greets

Mi Mix 256
Hi Guys, the same issue like last week. No VoLTE furthermore available. Worked fine several updates ago. Please comment the reason why and until when will this be reworked again? Thank you all.

It's not a problem. "V O L T E" menu has been removed

Mi5s when updating from 7.6.8 via updater says zip file is corrupted and then deleted the zip.file.
Solution in order to use Updater app for install updates:

Reboot to recovery > Format Data > reboot to recovery > reboot to system

You have to do it only once and after that updater app will work for install updates as it should.

Format Data will format the whole data partition Including internal storage as well. So backup first!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tiozuka
Redmi 4X - the notification light doesn't blink when I have a missed call or unread sms, it just lights continously. I suspect that this behaviour came with the Nougat update (7.6.15), as I remember it was OK with Marshmallow. Another 4X owners, can you please confirm this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.