MIUI 8.6 7.6.8/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...
Does the
more icons grid layout 4x5, 4x6, 5x5, 5x6 on mi5 works?? i DONT have those options on this rom. If i would do factory reset would i be able to get this option?? Normally i do uptade via ota and dont clean anything...

Optional home screen grid layout works on Mi5 but it is unique xiaomi.eu feature, the official MIUI releases don't include this feature. (Just because we have no ota support...)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Optional home screen grid layout works on Mi5 but it is unique xiaomi.eu feature, the official MIUI releases don't include this feature. (Just because we have no ota support...)

I've Installer the Last Rom and don't have this Feature. I cleaned dalvik and cache. Came from last stable.

I have an issue with it , only get vibration without a sound in whatsapp. tried wipe cache and delvik and uninstall and reinstall it , didn't helped. currently backing up the apps to make a factory reset
Yaps, i this isue for nougat version. Cause i trying all nougat rom china and global hve the issue

I've Installer the Last Rom and don't have this Feature. I cleaned dalvik and cache. Came from last stable.
Use default launcher and apply default theme again and then you will find here:
6e44df6117ca13d4903f8c281bdc521d.jpg
ec010fd517f439db26976e3e5f5b1d92.jpg

Reactions: GuseppiGuliano
I have a trouble on Redmi4Pro that the reset does not work in reboot nor power off.
After reset and power off, all apps is not killed and stay alive.
I don't know why apps are still alive after power off. (>.<)

ciao a tutti, chiedo scusa se scrivo in italiano, spero che qualcuno possa aiutarmi.
ho installato Android 7 sul mio mi5s plus con una installazione pulita direttamente dalla TWRP cancellando tutto.
l'intestazione è andata a buon fine e tutto funziona regolarmente.
un solo problema.... quando tocco lo scanner sul retro, si accede il telefono.
mi spiego meglio.
io non uso impronte, non ho registrato nessuna impronta.
quando con qualsiasi dito tocco il sensore, il telefono non solo si accende, ma mi sbocca il telefono, arriva direttamente alla home, al launcher.
ma basta toccarlo anche con un penna, un tovagliolo.... con qualsiasi cosa si tocchi il sensore, il telefono si accende e arriva direttamente alla home.
siccome non ho attivato il riconoscimento di impronta, qualcuno sa come poter risolvere?
ho anche fatto la prova di attivare il sensore, registrare un dito, provare e funziona.
eliminata la registrazione, tolto l'attivazione del sensore ma tutto è come prima, quando tocco il sensore.... il telefono arriva alla home....
spero che qualcuno possa aiutarmi....
grazie in anticipo
Emilio

Reactions: Paolino
just install via updater app...

Do I need to full wipe/factory reset my Cancro(mi3) before I flash this new 7.0 based rom, or just follow How to update MI3 to Android 7.0 from Android 6.0 from the 1st post.
Thank you very much!

On mi5s everything works, except Samsung Gear:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Lcom/samsung/android/feature/FloatingFeature;
at com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager.sdllibrary.FloatingFeature.getEnableStatus(FloatingFeature.java:16)
at com.samsung.android.app.twatchmanager.log.LoggerUtil$Builder.<clinit>

... more

On mi5s everything works, except Samsung Gear:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Lcom/samsung/android/feature/FloatingFeature;
at com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager.sdllibrary.FloatingFeature.getEnableStatus(FloatingFeature.java:16)
at com.samsung.android.app.twatchmanager.log.LoggerUtil$Builder.<clinit>

... more
Problem is that Gear is not working with the weekly android 7, I am on android 6 weekly and all is ok !! ;)

Do I need to full wipe/factory reset my Cancro(mi3) before I flash this new 7.0 based rom, or just follow How to update MI3 to Android 7.0 from Android 6.0 from the 1st post.
Thank you very much!
For mi3/4 (cancro) no miui on android 7.0, for this phone was miui on android 4.4 and now its 6.0. Only custom rom like aosp is on 7.0

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

Found issues on Mi5s 64GB 3GB RAM version without the defective LG screen.

1° Weather app can't use GPS to determine location, already tried checking all permissions without success, needs to set the current city manually every time that I go to another city (I do almost every day);

2° Extremely too sensitive and inaccurate horizontal swiping still not 100% fixed in Mi5s;

3° Incompatible with Netflix via Play Store, needs to install via apkmirror.

4° Miracast doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:
For mi3/4 (cancro) no miui on android 7.0, for this phone was miui on android 4.4 and now its 6.0. Only custom rom like aosp is on 7.0

In my opinion, mi3 is the best phone in the world in many respects (also released in Oct 2013) to this day. Therefore xiaomi does not want to continue support. My next phone will be another brand.

You need to enable Documents app under Installed apps and repeat the action. The Documents app is the one who manages the write permissions.
This doesn't work...
Please fix this!

Please also note with previous builds there was no need to do this, it was only needed for App permissions

In my opinion, mi3 is the best phone in the world in many respects (also released in Oct 2013) to this day. Therefore xiaomi does not want to continue support. My next phone will be another brand.
Yes, i agreed with You, mi4 was and still is best product from xiaomi. They not end support miui for this phone. On yt and web sites is fake news with list supporting devices miui9. But only fake.
Mi4 get miui9 and will be support next 2 years, but i think that not get update to android 7.0 and 8.0.
Dont afraid its only fake list, where poor redmi 2 gets miui 9 and mi4 not ;-) ? Good joke. :)

Reactions: HL2007
Hello there,
i am now to this forum so excuse if this question might be dumb. But i think i found an issue with that Rom. When the screen is locked and i am getting a gmail notification i cannot see anymore for with email account - it is just empy showing that there is a new mail. This was correct in the former release but not adter upgrade to android 7.0
any ideas how to fix that? i really enjoyed this information on the lockscreen.
Thank you!

I updated my mi5s (capricorn) last weekly 7.6.8, coming from stable with Mashmellow. Now I have some issues. Is it possible to go back to last stable 8.5.2.0 without wipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.