MIUI 8.6 7.7.6

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try again.
There isnt any option for any stabilization
Full hd has bigger FOV tha 4K both are 16:9 explain that... It is clearly some bug and should be fixed, cause the 4K doesnt look good cropped/zoomed, im sure its not sensor's fault...

@ingbrzy

I can reproduce the hotspot bug with Redmi 4X global. Trying to log in with another device the hotspot WLAN cannot be seen (not sure if it even exists). This problem does not exist with Redmi Note 4X global and same (current) dev version.

Last edited:
when trying go back to global stable 8.1.4 android ask for password
any idea?
already tried 123..8 and defualt_password

I'm trying to install directly from twrp, but is the zip file that says that is corrupt. I'm not the only guy because in the last rom a few have the same problem. I'm back with 7.6.8 until someone solve this problem

I found the solution. Just go to the updaterapp and press "reboot into recovery". That will start the twrp directly and the installation worked flawless.

Regards

[MIUI] Confirmed! MIUI 9 Coming Real Soon! Possible Launch Date Revealed!

Here comes an important and official statement from us. Our head of department confirmed that MIUI 9 is indeed coming soon and likely to arrive before 16 August 2017. Please stay tuned and we'll update you guys if there's an exact date for the launch.

As suspect with the suspension of some roms. Kenzo is not expect to get Nougat, but will it get MIUI 9 based on Marshmallow?

Reactions: VFatalis
7.7.6 report for Redmi 4x (HM4X):
  • Set up personal Hotspot building ("mobile wlan hotspot" for tethering): Not OK !! (it worked with global stable 6.0 very nice, but now totally broken)

Confirmed. I set up the personal hotspot, tap on OK, the hostpot icon appears on the status bar, but there is no WiFi network in the air with the chosen SSID.

Additionally I discovered another issue with the personal hotspot function. I use my 4X with hungarian language, and there are 3 possibilities in the security box: none, WPA PSK and WPA2 PSK. On the personal hotspot "main" page I can see in the details that WPA PSK is in use, even if I choose WPA2 PSK (on the screenshot WPA PSK is selected, but there is no difference when I select WPA2 PSK).
redmi_hotspot_hu.jpg

When I change the system language (and nothing more, the hotspot security settings are untouched!) to english (or german, french, catalan - I didn't tried any other), there are just 2 possibilities here: none and WPA2 PSK, and in the hotspot details appears WPA2 PSK.
redmi_hotspot_en.jpg

Does the phone (Redmi 4x / HM4X) support WPA PSK and WPA2 PSK in hotspot mode or just WPA2 PSK and there is a bug in the hungarian translation?

Last edited:
Confirmed. I set up the personal hotspot, tap on OK, the hostpot icon appears on the status bar, but there is no WiFi network in the air with the chosen SSID.

Additionally I discovered another issue with the personal hotspot function. I use my 4X with hungarian language, and there is 3 possibilities in the security box: none, WPA PSK and WPA2 PSK. On the personal hotspot "main" page I can see in the details that WPA PSK is in use, even if I choose WPA2 PSK (on the screenshot WPA PSK is selected, but when I select WPA2 PSK, there is no difference).
View attachment 16274

When I change the system language (and nothing more, the hotspot security settings are untouched!) to english (or german, french, catalan - I didn't tried any other), there are just 2 possibilities here: none and WPA2 PSK, and in the hotspot details appears WPA2 PSK.
View attachment 16275

Does the phone (Redmi 4x / HM4X) support WPA PSK and WPA2 PSK in hotspot mode or just WPA2 PSK and there is a bug in the hungarian translation?
Should be because there is no any issue with personal hotspot at me using EN-US language.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Should be because there is no any issue with personal hotspot at me using EN-US language.

The hu vs. en issue is just the small part of the story, I can live with that, the problem is that the hotspot doesn't work: its WiFi network can't be discovered with any other device, regardless of system language of my Redmi.

Reactions: EB20xy
The hu vs. en issue is just the small part of the story, I can live with that, the problem is that the hotspot doesn't work: its WiFi network can't be discovered with any other device, regardless of system language of my Redmi.
No that issue at me. Tested. I use that feature a lot. But I know many users confirmed that issue in Hungarian Mobilarena forum as well...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Whatsapp crashes everytime a new message is received (mido). Anyone knows how to solve this?

I got mms auto close (no fc prompt) :
Code:
07-08 23:56:22.164 13897 13935 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: AllContactsLoader
07-08 23:56:22.164 13897 13935 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.android.mms, PID: 13897
07-08 23:56:22.164 13897 13935 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No static method getUnderstandYellowpageAddressPattern()Ljava/util/regex/Pattern; in class Lcom/miui/smsextra/SmsExtraUtil; or its super classes (declaration of 'com.miui.smsextra.SmsExtraUtil' appears in /system/app/SmsExtra/SmsExtra.apk)
07-08 23:56:22.164 13897 13935 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.android.mms.util.SmartMessageUtils.checkUnderstandYellowpageAddressNumberic(SmartMessageUtils.java)
07-08 23:56:22.164 13897 13935 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.android.mms.util.SmartMessageUtils.getUnderstandYellowpageIds(SmartMessageUtils.java)
07-08 23:56:22.164 13897 13935 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.android.mms.data.Contact$ContactsCache.loadAll(Contact.java)
07-08 23:56:22.164 13897 13935 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.android.mms.data.Contact$1.run(Contact.java)
07-08 23:56:22.165  2460  2460 E SELinux : avc:  denied  { find } for service=miui.mqsas.MQSService pid=13897 uid=10026 scontext=u:r:priv_app:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:eek:bject_r:mqs_service:s0 tclass=service_manager permissive=0
07-08 23:56:22.166 13897 13935 E MQSEventManagerDelegate: failed to get MQSService.

Will somebody notice the 4K zoomed/cropped bug on Mi5 at all ?

Last edited:
All fine here for Mi6. 7.7.7 release works pretty good, thank you for hard work!

Thank you developers for the uodate,
MI 4S bug, messages wont run auto closes with error message. tried reverting to previous release, bug still occurs

H Developers thank you for the new update. MI4s having problems with messages. Will not run Auto closes.. I tried reverting to previous release bug still remains. Screen shots attached, thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-09-10-58-25-164_com.miui.home[1].png
    Screenshot_2017-07-09-10-58-25-164_com.miui.home[1].png
    199 KB · Views: 732
  • Screenshot_2017-07-09-10-41-13-893_com.miui.bugreport[1].png
    Screenshot_2017-07-09-10-41-13-893_com.miui.bugreport[1].png
    186.2 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:
I just tested personal hotspot with EN-US instead of german language on Redmi 4x (HM4X).

Result: Only WPA2 is offered (but not the problem/issue for me), but still Redmi is not seens as wlan for any other device/laptop etc around.
The personal hotspot feature is now not working with 7.7.6, as committed by many other users too, sofar I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.