Do you like MIUI 9?

• YES

Votes: 196 84.5%
  • NO

Votes: 36 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Stable rom, first number reprezent the MIUI version, but on Developer rom its different, for example 7.8.10: 7 reprezent the year, 8 for month and 10 for day.

Check Settings - Home screen & Recents - Show memory status

I have RN4X as well and Silent mode works fine.

Yes, if you mean Redmi 4 Pro, its for late September.

thanks mate.

regard´s

Reactions: Adeolu
mmhh try to resign your fingers, because for me it's really fast, better than MIUI8.
just tried and i just do a clean installation. and with miui 8 7.7.20 Work very fine!!! Very reactive!!! at the first soft touch

Reactions: Adeolu
Mi 6 on mi logo for more than 30 minutes, is it o.k?
First boot
Edit:
Cant boot in to rom on mi6.
Stay on MI logo for more than 30 minutes.
What am I doing wrong?
Unlocked the phone, installed latest twrp recovery, copy rom to phone, boot recovery, install rom, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot

Last edited:
Hello Guys, firstliy thank you for the opportunity to try your new ROM.

I am writing, because I experience the same issue with the fingerprint sensors like user "_HxC_". maybe I can give you some additional details. I have a clean installation of your ROM. Added 4 pieces of fingerprints many times (deleted, reassigned). Unlocking the Lock Screen takes no time, its fluent and perfect. Works 10 from 10 flawlessly with all 4 fingerprints.

The problem is as I experience in Application locking. When I set Application lock for different applications with fingerprint sensor, it takes around 3-4 times to make the unlock successful. Also when I set the Application lock I have to approve one of my fingerprints and after that only that single fingerprint works. The other 3 fingerprints not working, the unlock screen asks for password.

Have you experienced something like that? If you need some more details feel free to ask.

Reactions: _HxC_
I am having problems with Telegram notifications too! Have you found a way to fix it?

Didn't MIUI always have problems with notifications sometimes? Disable the energy savings for Telegram (and maybe the google play stuff?). I don't use Telegram though, so cannot verify.

Doubtful. On my N4X it booted up in like 2min the first time, maybe even less.

btw, what I'd really like to see is fingerprint unlocking without being forced to have a PIN/pattern. Would save one swipe.

Reactions: Adeolu and apriores
First boot
Edit:
Cant boot in to rom on mi6.
Stay on MI logo for more than 30 minutes.
What am I doing wrong?
Unlocked the phone, installed latest twrp recovery, copy rom to phone, boot recovery, install rom, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot
When you flash twrp first format data and reboot twrp, then install rom, wipe dalvik & cache and reboot. ;)

Thanks. I was getting worried that I would actually downgrade.
MIUI Version numbers explained:
Stable Version format is in 8.X.X.X, where 8 means MIUI 8 and X.X.X is the version of MIUI 8.
Developer Version format is in X.X.X. For instance, 6.7.14 represents year*.month.day, means this developer version is released on 14th July of 2016.
Here the link to official forum: http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=348591&highlight=miui+versions
*Year after 2010, founding of Xiaomi Tech :)

Reactions: dogiex and Adeolu
Hello Guys, firstliy thank you for the opportunity to try your new ROM.

I am writing, because I experience the same issue with the fingerprint sensors like user "_HxC_". maybe I can give you some additional details. I have a clean installation of your ROM. Added 4 pieces of fingerprints many times (deleted, reassigned). Unlocking the Lock Screen takes no time, its fluent and perfect. Works 10 from 10 flawlessly with all 4 fingerprints.

The problem is as I experience in Application locking. When I set Application lock for different applications with fingerprint sensor, it takes around 3-4 times to make the unlock successful. Also when I set the Application lock I have to approve one of my fingerprints and after that only that single fingerprint works. The other 3 fingerprints not working, the unlock screen asks for password.

Have you experienced something like that? If you need some more details feel free to ask.

i think that this miui 9 release is very very unripe

I have made some tests with app lock fingerprint. At first try, I could add just one fingerprint and when to add the second one, it just not recognized that I'm tapping the sensor. I've got out and added another fingerprint through Lock screen & password settings. That way worked, but sometimes acted strange, like forced me to enter the password, not the fingerprint when launching an locked app.
It sounds like your problems, but I think it's a little different. Anyway, it's clearly that there are some issues about fingerprint locker.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Reactions: horvathg1984
I have made some tests with app lock fingerprint. At first try, I could add just one fingerprint and when to add the second one, it just not recognized that I'm tapping the sensor. I've got out and added another fingerprint through Lock screen & password settings. That way worked, but sometimes acted strange, like forced me to enter the password, not the fingerprint when launching an locked app.
It sounds like your problems, but I think it's a little different. Anyway, it's clearly that there are some issues about fingerprint locker.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Yes I am experiencing the same issue. I can also add only one fingerprint for apps. When I try to use a second or different fingerprint (which is already assigned into the system) the app forces me to enter the password. I have ticked "Unlock all apps" functionality so I have to add my fingerprint for apps only once before screen goes to sleep. With this setting I can live with the issue. Hope in one of the next weekly versions it will be fixed.

Cattura.PNG
View attachment 16500
Yes I am experiencing the same issue. I can also add only one fingerprint for apps. When I try to use a second or different fingerprint (which is already assigned into the system) the app forces me to enter the password. I have ticked "Unlock all apps" functionality so I have to add my fingerprint for apps only once before screen goes to sleep. With this setting I can live with the issue. Hope in one of the next weekly versions it will be fixed.

miui 9 china Has been removed from en.miui.com now there's 7.7.7.... fastboot version too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.