Do you like MIUI 9?

• YES

Votes: 196 84.5%
  • NO

Votes: 36 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
iam on note 4x, i install right now miui 9 and i liked, but i have an question about miui lab,, is it working? i don't see noting except miui lab logo with some word below "learn.explore.discover, and more below 'find photos in gallery'.

is suppose to see anything more?

I want to do a super clean flash (wipe EVERYTHING) can you give me the latest firmware i have to flash to be able to flash latest eu ?
Edit: for Mi5

Last edited:
xiaomi.eu MIUI9 & OTA:
94f.png

faced the phone speaker volume issue on RN4X, hope they will fix this in next build. Really annoying considering the time they spent to issue this rom and all the devices they uncommited for these first builds!
I'd say that the changes removing icon names in the bottom row does not look good to me at day one....
Seems battery life is far behind 7.7.6 but I need more time to give a final conclusion.
I do see a great performance with this 7.8.10; it is fast, no doubt.

The good think is that it now passes safetynet and is playstore certified (had to remove google play updates to recover a clean state).
I did not try the camera yet.

Reactions: mnikolce
Google assistant refuses to accept commands such as opening apps. It keeps saying that I need to unlock my device. However, the device is already unlocked.
Any way to fix this issue?
Thanks!
Yeah! Sometimes I got the same problem on my Mi5, but if you disable your lock screen protection and then enable it again, it should start working.. It works in the latest MIUI 8 at least..

Reactions: losdukos
faced the phone speaker volume issue on RN4X, hope they will fix this in next build. Really annoying considering the time they spent to issue this rom and all the devices they uncommited for these first builds!
I'd say that the changes removing icon names in the bottom row does not look good to me at day one....
Seems battery life is far behind 7.7.6 but I need more time to give a final conclusion.
I do see a great performance with this 7.8.10; it is fast, no doubt.

The good think is that it now passes safetynet and is playstore certified (had to remove google play updates to recover a clean state).
I did not try the camera yet.
Did you flash the re-released version that got it fixed?

Reactions: jc rey
Apps to customize led color doesn't work in Note 4X, LED Blinker Pro, Light flow,... It worked great in MIUI 8

Thanks for the ROM. I think I've found a bug - sorry if it's already been reported. But when you close an app with an alternative launcher as default (eg Nova launcher) you still see the new app closing icon animation but the icon closes to the location on the miui launcher. It's not a big deal but looks a bit weird when there set up on the alternative launcher is totally different to miui launcher

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah! Sometimes I got the same problem on my Mi5, but if you disable your lock screen protection and then enable it again, it should start working.. It works in the latest MIUI 8 at least..
So no real improvement here... Well, time to try LOS and see how it works. A pity, I really like this rom, specially the second space feature, very useful to keep private and work separated.

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Rogerio Lucas
Perfect! But I got to wait to see it in my MI5! ;)

Worth Waiting surely! :) OTA is like feather in a HAT!

Thank you @ingbrzy for your hard work!

Why wait..? I'm already on 7.8.11 with my mi5 :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-11-23-07-58-564_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-11-23-07-58-564_com.android.settings.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 518
I always liked the xiaomi EU version. Not having the option of the Brazilian Portuguese language is a disappointment for me.

Hello ... we will have language pt-br in miui.eu? And the smart assistant ?? I missed that in the first month 9. And also update OTA?
CHANGELOG 7.8.10

MIUI 9

- Fixed Google Now
- Android O font
- Android O Emoji
- Fixed Wallpaper Carousel
- New live icons
- New Limitless Theme
- Deep-level system optimizations
- Introducing Split screen
- New open/close app animations
- Revamped and simplified 50+ features
- Improved readability for the start page of messaging
- Shortcuts for frequently used features on the left side of the Lock screen
- Faster and sleeker launch and exit processes for apps
- Improved intuitive Home screen editing
- A more refined Silent mode triggered simply by pressing the volume button

With MIUI 9 we bring our own OTA back..! Thanks @Zdunex25 for a big help!
BezwR1a.png

Well...imo miui 8 it's better for now. I don't see any improvements. A new theme and font? Really? Can't use the left screen, can't set the number of rows and columns on home screen. Live icons? All that hype about miui9 and it's worse? Please continue the development on miui8 or keep the good stuff from miui8 in miui9
I'm a developer and I understand there have been a lot of internal improvements, okay ... But I think it should be a minor update and not a major update. Maybe the Chinese version deserves the title of Miui 9. If it were not the dual app and second space features, I would go back to using LineageOs.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.