Do you like MIUI 9?

• YES

Votes: 196 84.5%
  • NO

Votes: 36 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Redmi Pro. I installed Xiaomi eu ROM but at the Play Store still my device in uncertified. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.
Check out information from Google Play Help:
Screenshot_2017-08-15-13-42-53-456_com.android.chrome.png Screenshot_2017-08-15-13-42-42-014_com.android.chrome.png

Sometimes after I force to close all the apps system freezes for couple of seconds and I cant do anything. It happens randomly. Happened on miui 8 aswell. Can someone confirm?
Yes I am facing the same Problem. Happens randomly after I close all background apps. Sometimes I have a black screen for 5-10 seconds and sometimes it shows my background without any icons and freezes for 5-10 seconds as well. MI6

Yes I am facing the same Problem. Happens randomly after I close all background apps. Sometimes I have a black screen for 5-10 seconds and sometimes it shows my background without any icons and freezes for 5-10 seconds as well. MI6

I confirm and not just a few/three times without reason going to freeze...
I returned to 7.7.20 much more stable and zero relevant bugs
i'll be waiting until the end of the mouth.
For me this miui 9 it's still very unripe

Bugs
The sound of the calls is somewhat low, adjusting the sound level up doesnt make much difference

Browser randomly freezes
Note4x

Can somebody add always on fingerprint for xiaomi mi 5c (song/meri) on the firmware because thats a great feature missing on this device

I didnt uderstand why my apps in the multitask is gone when I wake up in the morning.

Almost every morning my multitask is empty, no battery saver mode or tasks, I thought my apps were force closed, but when I open then again I see that they are loaded in memory and MIUI do not reload it again. It is nothing important, but seems a bug.

Anyone noticed the same behavior?

Device: Mi 6
ROM: Xiaomi.eu MIUI 9 Beta 7.8.10

That sounds like default miui behavior. You should enable developer options and then disable miui optimisations.

I think I'll wait for a stable release.

Stable MIUI 8 is very, very smooth.

When I was with Mi5 I always used the DEV versions, but with MI6 I guess I'll wait a little bit more.

Yes it works on my Mi6 (went to recovery and installed the rom, than wiped dalvik and cache)!

Here are the first bugs:
- Second Space doesn't work properly. It started with a black screen. The phone reacts to the buttons and the topbar is visible (time, network, battery is visible). Only thing that works is a reboot of the phone. After a few attempts, I waited over 5 minutes and than I was able to access Second Space, but I also got some error messages and apps don't work (WhatsApp has stopped, Mi Cloud has stopped). I also receive a failure message of Second Space. I will try to copy the log and place it over here.
Please check the rights that are assigned to second space, perhaps that's the problem.

- NFC is stil a problem and doesn't stay on.
In the previous version, I noticed that the NFC disconnects itself when you switch from second space to main space. When you go from main space to second space, NFC is still enabled. When you go back it disconnects itself. This was in Miui 8.2 and is still there in Miui 9 (it isn't mentioned as a fix in the changelog 7.8.10).

Languages used for this test: Dutch and English UK
Download rom at 11-08-2017 ~14:30

Please confirm by creating second space and turn on NFC and try to switch between profiles.
Do you receive error messages and does NFC stay on?

Error message Second Space:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider android.support.v4.content.FileProvider: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to resolve canonical path for /storage/emulated/10/.
at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.installContentProviders(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap2(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to resolve canonical path for /storage/emulated/10/.
at android.support.v4.content.FileProvider$a.a(Unknown Source)
at android.support.v4.content.FileProvider.d(Unknown Source)
at android.support.v4.content.FileProvider.e(Unknown Source)
at android.support.v4.content.FileProvider.attachInfo(Unknown Source)
... 11 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cross-device link
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.canonicalize(UnixFileSystem.java:170)
at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:586)
at java.io.File.getCanonicalFile(File.java:611)
at android.support.v4.content.FileProvider$a.a(Unknown Source)
... 14 more

Three other bugs I found:
1. All Bluetooth devices need to make a new connection after the update. So you need to pair them again, even if they are available in the list. The trust/handshake is gone. This could mean that you need to do a hard reset for your Amazifit Pace smartwatch.

2. When you switch to second space, your Bluetooth connection turns off and you need to turn it on every time you direct from space (all apps that aren't installed on the first space same to work good between all the error messages).

3. You can't access new mails from the pulldown menu. When you receive a new email in the original email client, you need to open it in the app, it won't work via the pull down menu or lockscreen. No errors, just no response. I've wiped the e-mail cache and settings, no results.

Please fix this. If help is needed from en.miui.com, please let me know. I guess they can only help me when I run the original Chinese rom.

1) In the old MIUI on the app change screen I always had the info of free/used RAM at the bottom above the "close all apps" button. This is now gone.
You can turn it in in the settings of the background since Miui 8.*.

Please correct the sound quality from the speaker while listening to music. It sounds very poor quality

Reactions: Adeolu
What is the rom version 8.5 for the RedMi Note 3 Standard Edition? Could you please give me the link, thank you.
There is no MIUI 9 actually for RN3. Last release for RN3 is MIUI 8 Beta (7.7.20). Last stable is MIUI 8 (8.5.3.0).

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

OTA updates? Do you mean the bulky whole ROM downloads or updates delivered in small pieces with only new changes? -_- pls respond senpai Einstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.