MIUI 9 7.8.17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No you can do it. Just go to configure screen mode like the picture and select some icon then all of your screen will show below then drag your main screen to any side you want.
Screenshot_2017_08_22_21_15_52_145_com_miui_home.png
you can change the order of pages, or add new pages.

But the main one (the one shown when you press HOME button) is always the one on the letf.

In your example, your MAIN home is the one with the music player - left position.
Always in your example, no way to set as MAIN the page with the google search bar (no way to put "music page" + "google search page" + "calendar page" [in this order] having "google search page as MAIN")

In other words, you can change the order of pages but the MAIN will be always the one you put on left position.

................or I'm wrong?

Last edited:
Mi4c. Auto brightness does not work properly if you turn it on, and try to change the brightness of the slider, the auto brightness turns off.

Last edited:

But the main one (the one shown when you press HOME button) is always the one on the letf.

In your example, your MAIN home is the one with the music player - left position.
Always in your example, no way to set as MAIN the page with the google search bar (in other words - no way to put "music page" + "google search page" + "calendar page" in this order having "google search page as MAIN"

In my experience tap home ones goes to last used page, tap twice or restart brings always the leftmost page

In my experience tap home ones goes to last used page, tap twice or restart brings always the leftmost page
??

on my mi4c, miui 9 xiaomi.eu, tap home ones goes to the leftmost page. Tap twice, no sense, because you already moved on the "main" page.

Guys i am using an old xiaomi.eu build, with android 7. How can i upgrade to this? only by flashing the rom trough the recovery?

Always in your example, no way to set as MAIN the page with the google search bar (in other words - no way to put "music page" + "google search page" + "calendar page" in this order having "google search page as MAIN"

after i test by put home button ok i understand now the left page will always be the home screen. sorry for my misunderstood.

Reactions: Adeolu
??

on my mi4c, miui 9 xiaomi.eu, tap home ones goes to the leftmost page. Tap twice, no sense, because you already moved on the "main" page.
I`m on mi5, just checked again. I have 3 pages with the middle one used to be the main on MIUI8, now on MIUI9 if I tap once on home button the phone goes back to same page it was before, tapping second time brings the leftmost page. Maybe the behavior depends on the model and how home button works

Hmm, doesn't work on my Redmi Note 4 mido with 7.8.17 ??

Also I don't have text in weather widget (clear, rainy etc.). Only icon and temperature.
its translation issue.. so report it to your lang repository..

Reactions: Manfred62
My banking app want me to encrypt phone to use fingerprint to login. How do I do that and do I need to know something before doing it?

Reactions: xeGox
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI6_V8.5.2.0.NCACNEG_v8-7.1.zip

once I installed the new stable version, I have disappeared icons miui account and the updater and now sometimes I get an error message from the latter app

Reactions: macmelilla
are you sure ?
i added persist.camera.HAL3.enabled = 1 in build.props and reboot only (no wipe cache)
and now works *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* too and HDR+ !!
and is very very good !!!

I was talking about Camera2 API not supported anymore by xiaomi.eu side, that means it is not enabled by default in the ROM due to mentioned issues with some 3rd party apps.

Anyway anyone can have Camera2 API support by a simple modification in build.prop as I have described here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-8-17.41122/page-30#post-381412

Reactions: a.tediosi

Always in your example, no way to set as MAIN the page with the google search bar (no way to put "music page" + "google search page" + "calendar page" [in this order] having "google search page as MAIN")

In other words, you can change the order of pages but the MAIN will be always the one you put on left position.

You are right!

MI 5 Tapatalk

Install China dev and wait for BL unlock on china dev, install FW right away xiaomi.eu and wait for unlock BL, my road to Rome is faster

Once you have got unlock permission for your Mi Account and required binding time is over then no need to wait for unlock BL any longer...anyway I always like the way what I know even if a bit slower ;) The point is the options are given to everyone...

Hey understand. Better than nothing. But before until v8 we could select the home screen/page even in the mittle with simple marking it with such a home symbol. Is this not possible any more ? Really only always left without chance to change that ?

Here are the proper steps for you:

1. Unlock bootloader first
2. Install latest MIUI9 china developer fatsboot ROM via fastboot mode using latest MiFlash tool with clan all flashing option
3. Install latest official TWRP recovery for your device via fastboot mode using ADB with below command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

...and then boot to TWRP recovery with below command:

Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

4. Format Data in TWRP recovery and then reboot to recovery
5. Copy latest MIUI9 xiaomi.eu rom.zip to internal storage and install it
6. Reboot to system

DONE ! ! ! thanks a lot @graw2

but note that after installing MIUI9 china developer fatsboot ROM via fastboot your bootloader will be locked again so between step 2 and 3 there's another one:

>>>> 2.1 unlock bootloader again

hope this guide & this annotation can be useful also for other users ;-)

Reactions: josito801 and graw2
In MIUI8 format data required in order to use updater app for install updates otherwise it will decrypting that is deleting ROM.zip and when automatically reboot to TWRP then nothing to install. That is why you get file corrupt.

Download ROM.zip > reboot to TWRP recovery > install ROM.zip > reboot to system

It always works...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

WOW! it did =) someone better put this at top or in FAQ. i thought i searched this placce for clues with no luck
Thank you!

Reactions: graw2
Thanks for this update! My mi5 is flying!

But I´m having a issue. Some apps stop to work after a time when the phone is locked. Ex: The spotify after some musics stops! When I look at the phone the app is closed! I alredy change in the energy to not stop spotify. Someone has a ideia? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.