MIUI 9 7.8.17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I have this version installed and with the system in Portuguese, but in some notifications they are in English. Happens to someone else, it will be bug.

For example: "missing call", "settings" in my home page

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4 através de Tapatalk

Great job, my mi5 works fine. Google now does not work (it does not answer questions with the voice) and can not set the home page but I hope these problems will soon be resolved

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Arnaldo and HofMan
Hello everyone, I have this version installed and with the system in Portuguese, but in some notifications they are in English. Happens to someone else, it will be bug.

For example: "missing call", "settings" in my home page

Hi! Is it the first time with miui.eu in your phone? if yes, did you make a swipe of everything?

DONE ! ! ! thanks a lot @graw2

but note that after installing MIUI9 china developer fatsboot ROM via fastboot your bootloader will be locked again so between step 2 and 3 there's another one:

>>>> 2.1 unlock bootloader again

hope this guide & this annotation can be useful also for other users ;-)

Relocking bootloader can be Mi4c specific issue because I have never experienced relocked bootloader on my device after flashing any fastboot ROM anytime with MIflash tool. For me bootloader can be relocked only in the case if I choose "clean all an lock" flashing option in MiFlash window before flash the ROM.

Anyway thanks for feedback!

Is someone else getting updater app crash in latest stable for mi6?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for this update! My mi5 is flying!

But I´m having a issue. Some apps stop to work after a time when the phone is locked. Ex: The spotify after some musics stops! When I look at the phone the app is closed! I alredy change in the energy to not stop spotify. Someone has a ideia? thanks

lock app from task

Hi! Is it the first time with miui.eu in your phone? if yes, did you make a swipe of everything?
did not, I came from the version stable version to this, but did not make full wipes. I will make.

What version of twrp to install?

thank you

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I'd like to ask your help. I've a MI 6 phone with global 8.2.2 stable rom (miui_MI6Global_V8.2.2.0.NCAMIEC_7f3f8ad7c8_7.1.zip).
The phone i unlocked, and i installed the latest TWRP 3.1.1-1 I try to install the miui 9 7.8.17 dev. rom.
My problem is after when i install the rom and reboot, the phone is not starting. I see the center of the screen the "MI " text and the bottom "Android" text and the 3 dot is running. Not happening nothing, not step forward the phone, not starting. I try to install many rom ( 8.5.2, 7.8.10) global, eu version, but only just the 8.2.2 rom start the phone. Can you help me how can install the phone the MIUI 9 rom?
Thank You

Hello everyone,
I'd like to ask your help. I've a MI 6 phone with global 8.2.2 stable rom (miui_MI6Global_V8.2.2.0.NCAMIEC_7f3f8ad7c8_7.1.zip).
The phone i unlocked, and i installed the latest TWRP 3.1.1-1 I try to install the miui 9 7.8.17 dev. rom.
My problem is after when i install the rom and reboot, the phone is not starting. I see the center of the screen the "MI " text and the bottom "Android" text and the 3 dot is running. Not happening nothing, not step forward the phone, not starting. I try to install many rom ( 8.5.2, 7.8.10) global, eu version, but only just the 8.2.2 rom start the phone. Can you help me how can install the phone the MIUI 9 rom?
Thank You

After you installed the ROM 7.8.17 tap on Format Data in TWRP recovery then reboot to recovery as it asks and finally reboot to system.
Format Data will wipe your internal storage as well, so backup first!

Mi4c. Auto brightness does not work properly if you turn it on, and try to change the brightness of the slider, the auto brightness turns off.
Try it in a dark place. I have no issue with setting auto brightness level, even in daylight

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi-4c met Tapatalk

DONE ! ! ! thanks a lot @graw2

but note that after installing MIUI9 china developer fatsboot ROM via fastboot your bootloader will be locked again so between step 2 and 3 there's another one:

>>>> 2.1 unlock bootloader again

hope this guide & this annotation can be useful also for other users ;-)
So ... I was right ... haha! Congrats friend. To enjoy!

Reactions: Adeolu and PeTiT
Relocking bootloader can be Mi4c specific issue because I have never experienced relocked bootloader on my device after flashing any fastboot ROM anytime with MIflash tool. For me bootloader can be relocked only in the case if I choose "clean all an lock" flashing option in MiFlash window before flash the ROM.

Anyway thanks for feedback!
Yes it is .When you pass from Lollipop to Nougat. ;)

Last edited:
Hi,

after installing a newer version of TWRP (3.1.1 instead of 3.0.3 )the upgrade worked. All good now.
The new version came from twrp.me as indicated on the 1st page of this thread.

Hi,
now, after about 4-5 downloads of the same ROM from different PC's the result remains the same. Either it says "File corrupt" or it stopps during upgrade. At the same time I was able to upgrade my 4C without a glitch.
Any help would be appreciated , tks

PS : MD5 check works out ok

Reactions: Adeolu
Status
Not open for further replies.