MIUI 9 7.8.17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, that is nice to know. Is there any link you can provide me? Alvast bedankt.
In have redml pro but on my device 8.5.2 eu stable rom is the best ,for your device use latest eu.miui9 rom
Thank you, that is nice to know. Is there any link you can provide me? Alvast bedankt.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...mi.eu_multi_MIMAX2_7.8.17_v9-7.1.zip/download
Ik denk dat deze voor u toestel is het is de nieuwste miui9 rom .wel bootloader unlocken en TWRP installeren daarna eerst huidige rom backuppen,apps en systeem instellingen backuppen met de miui standaard backup tool,je kan de "how to do's" op dit forum vinden . Gewoon even opzoeken grts
Sorry for the Dutch language

Reactions: Rudys
So far, most things working on Mi5S. Installed first the China developer through Fastboot, then Xiaomi.eu ROM after Factory reset. First impressions:

1. Visibly faster and lighter.
2. Fingerprint scanner improved vastly
3. Geolocation does not work in any program.

For example the Weather app cannot geolocate me. The same happens with other weather apps, as well as other apps that use Geolocation. All of these used to work properly before the update.

For some reason it's disabled now but you can enable it back (if you're rooted):
1. open /system/build.prop
2. add at the end 'persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1'
3. save & reboot
Thank you, it's work.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mali2
So far, most things working on Mi5S. Installed first the China developer through Fastboot, then Xiaomi.eu ROM after Factory reset. First impressions:

1. Visibly faster and lighter.
2. Fingerprint scanner improved vastly
3. Geolocation does not work in any program.

For example the Weather app cannot geolocate me. The same happens with other weather apps, as well as other apps that use Geolocation. All of these used to work properly before the update.
3-Geolocation just took me 2 seconds to find my position in weather app,still no use in other.

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

I'm trying to install on Mi5s 4/128 but it keeps giving me zip error on twrp.
Thought it was a download problem so I have redownloaded it 5 times from sourceforge but no dice.
I am trying to download from android file host now... OP should have the mirrors listed, just in case. I had to dig to find it on androidfilehost

Stood 7,7,20 all was well. Put 7,8,17 at registration asked fingers, gave he had registered with is no longer allowed in the system unless you put in code ((

So, no OTA yet? o_O is it gonna fix on the next update or same trouble like MIUI 8 before?

Btw, thanks for releasing MIUI 9 for Mi 5, I've been waiting this since Alpha tester beginning. Good luck for all your projects in the future, keep support Xiaomi devices!

Reactions: Adeolu
Couldn't install on Mi Note Pro. Error message while trying to install.
me too. My update procedure is cmpleted without errors but at the end I'm still in 7.7.20
i thought it was a zip file issue but now i see there is no more the 7.8.17 zip file for me note pro.
Someone know why?

Everything ok on Mi5
Wallpaper carousel has it`s shortcut again in lock screen. Strangely the setting is there but is not shown, searching for it points in lockscreen & password but no string there
The performance is good, I thing live icons are effective also on geometric dark theme
Google app is now present and is system, would be good to leave it optional
They(Xiaomi) promised cleaned, slimmer and lighter rom, the result is at least 100mb heavier rom. The responsiveness is good but IMO far from "lightning fast", these seems to be visual UI improvements to make it look faster. The app opening is faster but the load afterwards no, will see how this translates in battery life and multitasking/memory management
Overall excellent rom regarding the fact this is first MIUI 9 build available

Reactions: Adeolu
Redmi 4x, default theme, no icon available for calendar, meteo and clock.
Thanks.
e588fafbb244414ff4bf0ac89b6377c7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: isakac
Hi thanks for your hard work. I'm currently running resurrection remix, if I flash this and wanted to go back to my RR backup would I have any issues? I see the ROM includes the new firmware files. I know changing non-hlos bin can cause issues on Samsung device's

On my MI6 it is very annoying when receiving notifications when in call the phone vibrates, that is if it is gmail, typeapp or any other apps.
Any chance to modify or fix so it goes into DND mode when you are in a call?
I don't think anyone wants to hear or feel the notifications when they are in a call.
In Android 7.1.1 dnd while in call is standard, so this is probably a bug.

Reactions: Mali2 and xeGox
Status
Not open for further replies.