MIUI 9 7.8.17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the support !
I can see the patch info as OTA notice.
But will that be a full ROM (1.1 GB) or is it a little patch with some MB to download OTA ?
Full ROM only.. We dont provide diff patches...

Reactions: Adeolu
Anyone else have problem installing on mi5?

twrp 3110 and gets stuck on

setmetadatafn
runprogramfn
installing miui update
package extract file took 00s
No that issue. Download ROM again and check Md5 before install

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

There is no info on charging the battery, how long it is time to fully charge on Mi4c.

A small "bug" I found in Mi5s: after using 3D touch on the bottom row in the launcher, the app name strings reappear.

Otherwise a great smooth rom, thank you.

Cannot confirm, animation speed is set to 1x on my Mi5
Yeah, no trick with animation speed on Mi5. It is the same as it was in MIUI8:

20dfe292763a24b25cc1c58c74cf6293.jpg

They did just that. If you go under developer options you can actually see animation speed set to 0.5x as default, where it should be 1.0x as always.

I had to check that because I was having headaches!

I think you had headaches because your setting was still on 0.5x from before and now 0.5x feels "too" fast, at least that's what was the case for me! Animatitions on 1x are now faster than before. MIUI9 is definitely optimized, higher Antutu score, more free RAM, just feels smoother... I have 2 phones so I can compare. It's not just cheating with animation speed:)

Anyone else have problem installing on mi5?

twrp 3110 and gets stuck on

setmetadatafn
runprogramfn
installing miui update
package extract file took 00s
I was able to install from another mirror. It worked incredibly fast, now it's rebooting, also very fast. My conclusion is that a mirror is broken

mi5 updated to latest miui8 and then to miui9, yes it's basically the same and a bit disappointing, but runs very well and it will be probably developed further, nice animations and split screen could be useful.glad the wallpaper carousel key in lockscreen came back too!

moreover, i decided to try magisk and it seems to work very well too

the only thing i hate is the inability to set default homepage, i always had second so that i could swipe left to see calendary widget. hope this will come back

Last edited:
Reactions: minotavros
I think you had headaches because your setting was still on 0.5x from before and now 0.5x feels "too" fast, at least that's what was the case for me! Animatitions on 1x are now faster than before. MIUI9 is definitely optimized, higher Antutu score, more free RAM, just feels smoother... I have 2 phones so I can compare. It's not just cheating with animation speed:)[/Q

20dfe292763a24b25cc1c58c74cf6293.jpg

I made a clean install and definitely the animation is set to .5X. Another trick of Xiaomi about that so called "blazing fast" Lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: minotavros
When playing music in spotify or listening to podcast in pocket casts, the cover does not appear. I've done everything, cleaned up caches, reinstalled, but it did not work. Can anyone help?

Xiaomi Mi 6
xiaomi.eu 7.8.17

Attachments

• photo_2017-08-19_15-22-27.jpg
    photo_2017-08-19_15-22-27.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 431
Now it looks like in your ss but after enabling dev mode all 3 were set to .5x on my Mi5 for sure. As I`m more than confident I`ve never touched those settings this was what MIUI9 defaulted here, and not only on my phone according to other users posts
On 1x I can enjoy live icons, previously was almost impossible to see them

Last edited:
Thanks!

I can't enable Google Assistant on Google App. My locale Brasil and language PT-BR.

Google Assitant (PT-BR) works on global stable.

Just asking, is there any possibility of adding indonesian language (bahasa) onto this multilang rom?
I just a little bit upset that I can't recommended this awesome rom to my fellow here in Indonesia..
But for me, there is no problem at all using whatever kind of rom because i used English on my phone as always, instead of using my daily language..

Thanks for your kind attention

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
Begin translating yourself and ask some people to help you. You help yourself and alot of other people with it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.