MIUI 9 7.8.17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can answer my question about encryption! Really no one tried to do it on this firmware? Device mi6. Answer please!

I have a MI5 32GB, can I simply download this ROM and place it on the updater app? I do have the ROM Mi5_v7.5.6.0.maacnde_v7-6.0, as it is MIUI7, would there be any problem?

If you came from MIUI7 6.0 to MIUI9 7.0 then clean install highly recommended

So the method that I have said is correct or I have to clean data (cache, dalvik or something related to recovery mode)?

Install new rom.zip 7.8.17 via TWRP recovery > reboot to TWRP recovery it will boot to new TWRP recovery > swipe for factory reset in TWRP or choose Format Data if you want full wipe including internal storage > reboot to system

Reactions: minotavros
No one can answer my question about encryption! Really no one tried to do it on this firmware? Device mi6. Answer please!
Don't think too much people use it because it's a nightmare if you forget the password.

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR THIS. After half year of starving with GPS lock now i have 2sec GPS lock .THNX

You could contribute to this ROM by trying yourself en help others with the same question.....

As soon as miui 9 is available for land I'll be testing it on land

Perhaps because no one has ever tried this...
I've tried several times and failed then had to format and install whole thing...
Very annoying, there is no encryption option for mi 6... And i can't use company software for encryption

MI 6 ~ Tapatalk

Reactions: graw2
Why animations and transitions are set at 0.5x by default? Mi5 rom

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

You could contribute to this ROM by trying yourself en help others with the same question.....

As soon as miui 9 is available for land I'll be testing it on land
I tried ... but it lasted more than two hours and I rebooted the device. And in consequence of this a complete wipe and format data...

Reactions: pablotomate
I tried ... but it lasted more than two hours and I rebooted the device. And in consequence of this a complete wipe and format data...
I've kept my phone longer than 2days+night almost 49+ hours but still loading then i format whole memory and reinstall that rom.
That is the sad story about mi6 encryption mode.
But I've also checked that in official rom develpper and also stable those are built in encrypted amd works fine with my company software but not in Xiaomi.eu

MI 6 ~ Tapatalk

Bugs in this release for Mi6 (and also in previous release):

1. Second space takes ages to show up for the first time. Especially when you access it after boot and you start with opening Second Space.
  2. Second Space has no rights, which results in FC's for every app, which is also on the First space. You should think of apps like Whatsapp, LinkedIn, Gmail, E-mail and Skyupe. Bug report can be created. If needed, please let me know.
  3. NFC turns off when you switch from second space to first space.
  4. Can't open mail from lockscreen or from pull-down menu. I can only open it directly from the app. This doesn't give a error message, but just don't want to open (empty cache or set up new accounts didn't work)
  5. Can't open e-mails from my hotmail (in original app) when it is from a webshop or when it is classified as an advertisment. The app will give a FC and a Bug report can be created. If needed, please let me know

Solved in this release: BT turns of when you switch from second space to first space.

I hope @ingbrzy was able to report it to Miui or is able to solve it in the next release.
One of my earlier reports can be found here:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-8-10-first-miui-9.40890/page-18#post-380230

Screenshot_2017-08-24-18-15-03-950_com.android.settings.png
Same in Mi4c...
not in my mi4c

Reactions: josito801
Status
Not open for further replies.