MIUI 9 7.8.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got ota notification.. but cannot download using data..need to use wifi.. is there any option to make download it using data?..

My data is unlimited.. no wifi at home.

Is it OK to update the ROM by using the Updater app?
For example going from 7.8.17 to 7.8.24. Or should you always use TWRP?
Just tested starting the updater app and it started downloading the latest release...

Hi, i got ota update, downloaded it, and when i start it phone should go to recovery but it doesnt go, just restarts and still stays 7.8.17. Why is that? :((

Is it OK to update the ROM by using the Updater app?
For example going from 7.8.17 to 7.8.24. Or should you always use TWRP?
Just tested starting the updater app and it started downloading the latest release...
You can use updater app ofc. It is designed for install updates

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adeolu
Mi4c. Can any user of this device check if it's still possible to take pictures/movies with the screen off, by holding volume down, with this update? Thanks in advance.

Email app push notifications doesn't work on latest weekly (i get my mail only when open app). Anybody else with this problem? Mi6

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Finally this week Mi5 has got all the new announced MIUI9 features: :)

- New Managing apps in security app
- Redesigned Security app UI
- New boost speed cache cleaner
- New gaming speed booster
- New Silence/DND mode with many programing/timing options
- Replying messages from notification by 2 fingers swipe down
- Notification folder for unimportant notifications
- Double tap on recents button for open previous app
- New themes app
- New Gallery with new edit options
- Lock screen shortcuts with changing color background as per color of lock screen wallpaper
- Split screen
- New home screen editing
- Animated icons
- New animation for app opening/closing
- New fixed wallpaper carousel

Furthermore Android security patch level updated to 2017-07-01
Does front camera gets flash working OK on WhatsApp anda instagram? Mi5 Also here. Just asking.

I have been waiting to unlock bootloader for 5 days now.. I received permission on Monday, but i still cannot unlock. its says now couldnt unlock after 2 hours of trying unlock...its come down from 72 hours... what do i do..i really really really want to use this rom...View attachment 16645
Try to use a older version of that. Because when I bought mine mi5 is was the same. So I've search on a older version. And was in seconds.

Does front camera gets flash working OK on WhatsApp anda instagram? Mi5 Also here. Just asking.
I honestly say I don't really understand what you mean because there no flash for front camera only for rear camera...

I have a mi5 and the miui9 from last week, now I've received a notification for an update via ota but it will update to xiaomi.eu or to the official miui? Because ota didn't work for me in miui8 so I don't know if I can download from the app of if I still have to manually install it via twrp

Guys i found a bug ... the background of the calls while changing the call option turns blue ... i hope you will fix it in the prox release

However and perfect
I'm sorry for the bad English
i have mi5

I have a mi5 and the miui9 from last week, now I've received a notification for an update via ota but it will update to xiaomi.eu or to the official miui? Because ota didn't work for me in miui8 so I don't know if I can download from the app of if I still have to manually install it via twrp
Xiaomi.eu rom supports OTA now and of course it will download Xiaomi.eu rom, not official rom.

Reactions: Adeolu
I honestly say I don't really understand what you mean because there no flash for front camera only for rear camera...

He is talking about the WhatsApp feature, where it flashes the screen white if you take a picture with front camera and enable flash.

Reactions: graw2
Status
Not open for further replies.