Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried and I get the following error
"E: Could not extract 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary'
Error installing zip file"

what should i do now?
Android 7.0 based MIUI needs proper TWRP recovery for Mi4c:

https://dl.twrp.me/libra/twrp-3.1.1-1-libra.img.html

Also check Md5 code after rom gets downloaded if match then install it from above recovery

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adeolu
Android 7.0 based MIUI needs proper TWRP recovery for Mi4c:

Also check Md5 code after rom gets downloaded if match then install it from above recovery

Sorry, how do i check md5 code?

Edit: I got the rom to boot! Thank you so very much!

Last edited:
Reactions: Adeolu
Mi5s plus. I've installed successfully. But I can not disable spell checker
My system language is US
But my own language is Vietnamese.
So whenever I'm typing Vietnamese or any wrong-spell English word, there are red stripe under words
In previous rom, I just turn off spell checker in setting. But this rom, spell checker is already turn off but red stripe still exist
Please help me turn this spell checker off. Thank you

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Does redmi note 4x has the camera mod that mi4c has integrated (auto her, 4k video recording)?

Mi5s plus. I've installed successfully. But I can not disable spell checker
My system language is US
But my own language is Vietnamese.
So whenever I'm typing Vietnamese or any wrong-spell English word, there are red stripe under words
In previous rom, I just turn off spell checker in setting. But this rom, spell checker is already turn off but red stripe still exist
Please help me turn this spell checker off. Thank you

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk
Turn off Google words correction

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x has the camera mod enabled in this build? (auto hdr, 4k video recording)?

Update for all phones Xiaomi to Miui9 china dev.
This one for mi4
8628c8e665c55adb79d251b006d501ea.jpg
4eb92096630d8e5f4c303b042a224350.jpg

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

Reactions: Davorkne
All is well, thank you! But there is no possibility to choose a home screen (default desktop). Why was this function removed?

the answer is two pages ahead... read before creating a question :)

Hello... it is possible. Swipe with two fingers over the display.

Now you see the "menu" at the bottom where you can setup "wallpaper, widgets, setting" and the icons have a grey circle on the upper right corner.

Click on one of these icons one time.

On the bottom a new "menu" will appear and you can choose your favorite homescreen.

Regards Kater

On the bottom a new "menu" will appear and you can choose your favorite homescreen.

I know it. So you can only move the screens. But i want to return to the middle screen, for example, when I press Home button. Now there is always a return to the leftmost screen only.
Earlier it was necessary to make a pinch with three fingers ...

I know it. So you can only move the screens. But i want to return to the middle screen, for example, when I press Home button. Now there is always a return to the leftmost screen only.
If you want to go back, then use MIUI 8. They changed it how MIUI 9 home screens work and now the left home screen is the default one.

Mi note 2. passed from miui 8 global stable to miui 9 xiaomi.eu dev

noticed bigger battery drain, some lags that i never had before and signal strength is worse now...new features are not worth such worsening

Reactions: ugorugor
If you want to go back, then use MIUI 8. They changed it how MIUI 9 home screens work and now the left home screen is the default one.
I disagree with your reply.
This is clearly a regression. We don't want to downgrade to MIUI 8 for this reason. There are other regressions for which a petition is running to bring a feature back (see Bluetooth discoverable settings).
Maybe we can open a new petition for this feature too.

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: MiSloNicK
All is well, thank you! But there is no possibility to choose a home screen (default desktop). Why was this function removed?

This is clearly a regression. We don't want to downgrade to MIUI 8 for this reason. There are other regressions for which a petition is running to bring a feature back (see Bluetooth discoverable settings).

MIUI development never stops, things always changing...if some feature is missing for today that maybe added for tomorrow, so nothing to worry about just wait for next update :)

Last edited:

Well you can agree or disagree with my reply but that is the truth we are living at the moment. You can suggest changes in en.miui.com if you want. But for now if you want immediate change, roll back to MIUI 8.

I have read some but not all of to comments and noticed a few things. It may be due to either xiaomi.eu or official MIUI.

Phone: Mi Mix with MIUI 9
1. The button to the left of "back" button for manually showing our hiding quick ball. This is gone and the bottom bar randomly appears in certain apps even when I don't want it to.
Do i have to set it manually on per app basis?
2. Volume cant go above 50% on slider. I can manually increase it by either the volume buttons or slider and it will go higher but the bar status art 50%.
3. Double tap volume down to start camera when phone is in sleep this nothing.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Same here.
Especially the missing quickball button on the left and the non-hideable naviagtion bar (used to work with swipe down before) bothers me.
@ingbrzy: I don't want to bother you but because you didn't answer to that problem yet i guess you just haven't seen it.
Since I think that this is a bug I just wanted to draw attention to that Problem or ask if you have a solution to that problem now.

Sorry and thank you very much!
Regards

To all the xiaomi.eu team, thank you for the great job !
I'm enjoying MIUI 9 on my Mi5 and all is good :D The rom is super smooth and the battery consumption seems to be much lower than previously on MIUI 8.

One quick question: did we loose the ability to change the default search app?
I used Google as the "global" search app (you know, when you swipe up or press the dedicated widget) before.
But now on MIUI 9, when I go to the default app settings, it seems I cannot set another app than the one from Xiaomi...

Am I missing something here?
Hello guys,

Anyone on this default app for search ?
Did we lost that setting with the current version of the rom or am I search in the wrong place ?

Thx for your help :D

Xiaomi EU maintainer... is it possible to add QuickCards to xiaomi.eu?
I tried the China ROM and most of it can really be used even for not chinese users.
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: jmrush
Hi @ingbrzy , I already emailed you for help for building indonesian translation repository, Can you help us? . Thank you for your attention

This is happening to me: To install MIUI 9 in my Redmi Note 4 Global, I decide to install by recovery but clean, doing the corresponding farmat. It installs all OK but is not able to have data with SIM 1 and no problem on SIM 2.
I reformat a different rom (custom rom) and without problems both cards, therefore discard malfunction of the terminal.
I decide to try with MIUI 8 Beta, which was the one I used before these tests, and all good, working ls two SIM.
Now I update to MIUI 9, in dirty, and yes I go the data.
Has anyone had the same problem?
You know that it may be due?
Can not install MIUI9 clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.