MIUI 9 7.9.14/15

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Icon size of MiVideo app show incorrect in MI6 when open and close the app

N00b question, how to make updater keep on downloading ota file when I'm not using the phone (keep it out of sleep)
Had the same issue and the solution was to disable screen lock until it finishes downloading.
However in my case it didn't help a lot 'cause since some months I'm unable to install via the updater and only via fastboot

I can't resist any anymore, I'm extremely disappointed with xiaomi.
Miui9 has been a resource hog on all releases, ram dissapears after few hours, cleaning all recents frees only 750mb, opening anything that makes ram go under 700-650mb and the phone starts to freeze and lag badly.
It seems we'll need need 8gb of ram because of extreme bad optimization of miui.
I went back to stable 8.5.3.0, buttery smooth again, lots of battery life.
I'll keep my mi5s until it gets old and never buy xiaomi again.
It's been a year now and it seems they only go worse.
First 4 months were a joke, incredibly buggy roms and no stable release.
Seriously? Releasing a phone before it has a working ROM? Are they selling prototypes or what?
Then so much expectation about miui9 and mi6...they released the mi6 half-working, the camera was worse than a mi5, and the mi5s still having the same fingerprint bugs and poor ram optimization.
Last day I had a redmi note 3 from a friend, it had 1.8gb free ram and never went down so quickly like mi5s.
A wiped Miui9 system has just 1.2gb free ram! After few apps installed, all recents closed, remains 1gb ram. And after reaching 700mb free ram lags like crazy, cleaning recents frees inky 750mb, opening just chrome it freezes or becomes extremely slow.
Why they don't use all the ram???
So the engineers (the actually seem to be just DIYers practicing) release anything at anytime, no matter if it works or not, maybe they don't even test it...

How come you talk about Xiaomi in here? This is a localization forum, you have to complain to Miui official forum

Since MIUI9 my E-Mail does not sync in background anymore. I enabled the settings for energy saver in settings -> battery -> energy -> (system apps) E-Mail to "No restrictions". But did not solve the issue.
Additional I changed the rights for Autostart to ON for E-Mail
Via WIFI I have no issue.

Any idea?

+1 Santoni 7.9.14

Don't have that on mi4S ...

+1 don't have that option in my Santoni too. Hope all devices get it in the next update.

Settings
Optimization - Added Single button mode settings ==> should add this sentence : for several devices only!

Apart from that, all works great as usual for Redmi 4X (beside long time problem annoying auto brightness).

what unit that has to update to 7.9.15?
i check the download file u dont see tha 7.9.15 does mi 5 have to update to 7.9.15?

sorry for my english
Stop panting. And what does 7.9.14 not work for you? 7.9.15 was released now only for several models, and not all phones, wait patently ... 2 pages of crying at 7.9.15 until the vomit wants.

e0db59ed7fe66deca7190481cf897131.jpg

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi.../files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/7.7.15/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on a stable version. Will I get OTA to stable versions once available or is it only for weekly versions?

Thanks.

I’m trying to install this ROM 9 (7.9.14_v9-7.0) but with no success:
At present I’m using MIUI 8.2 xiaomi.eu 6.12.22 (Beta). This is what I’ve done so far:

Installation method:

1.-Download “TWRP_libra.zip” from here:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759888487
download the ROM MIUI 9 7.9.14 from here:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195929949
2.- Install TWRP via Fastboot mode.
3.- Reboot TWRP and do the wipes.
4.- Copy the zip (ROM 9) into device root.(So far, so good. No problems)
5.- Hit to install ROM 9
(At this point the installation seems to go OK, but after a few seconds (30 or 40 seconds) I get this message:

E: Unknown command (log)

E: Unknown command (log)

unmount of data failed (-1): No such file or directory

unmount of system failed: No such volume script succeded: result was ( )

updating partition details …

… done

I’ve tried installing the rom with TWRP 3.1.1.1.libra, but although the installation procedure goes OK, the phone won’t manage to boot in recovery mode with this version of twrp.
I’ve also tried the installation of twrp from `Play store´. It installs alright but with the same result as above. It just won’t boot in recovery mode. The phone gets stuck in the black screen.

PD: I must point out that I’ve had this xiaomi Mi-4c for 2 years now, that it came with an unlocked bootloader, and that up to now I’ve been able to successfully install several many different ROMS in the past (MIUI, Resurrection Remix, the one from TS Superluminal, etc), but this is the first time I have problems with the installation, so I don’t have a clue what I’m doing wrong. Any ideas?

First Thing first; Whats your phone model ?
Check MD5 of the file downloaded with the original one!
Updating from MIUI 8 to 9 must be through Miflash with unlock tools or OTA from MIUI original to V9 Original.

I'm on a stable version. Will I get OTA to stable versions once available or is it only for weekly versions?

Thanks.
When the first MIUI 9 stable gets released, it will probably support OTA updates as the weeklies does. After that you will get OTA updates hopefully, but you will not get it from MIUI 8 stables.

Redmi Note3 Pro:
Miui Oto start protect feature not work. I deselect app but not affect

Where do you see guys 7.9.15? As I see only global beta 7.9.15 released for public (not China)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Why when i see video on facebook, youtube, netflix, in 360p normal size, 480p 2x zoom, 720p 4x zoom and 1080p 6x zoom in video? no auto-resize video.
There is an incompatibily for screen 5.15"?

Xiaomi mi5c

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.