MIUI 9 7.9.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is correct, it is a deal-breaker for me. Being left-handed with right-hand disability, something like this makes the use of a phone more difficult.

@ graw2, what is the process to get this functionality (button swap) restored into the official release?

Yeah, Menu <> Back buttons swap option is back in 7.9.8 release for Mi5

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

This can be solved (with root privileges)

goto /system/usr/keylayout/ and modify cyttsp_button.kl, Generic.kl and synaptics_dsx.kl changing:

key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL

into:
key 139 BACK VIRTUAL
key 158 MENU VIRTUAL

Then reboot. Tried on my mi5s and have no problem till now.

PS. I've modified those files in the written order and rebooted after each modification. The button swapped after the last one (synaptics_dsx.kl) so it can be that this is the only file to be modified. Maybe just try and let me know.

Reactions: graw2 and ramshu97
Look this. I make video with my problem :(
Can you look @ingbrzy ?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Try on a standard topic, I have no such problem.

this update is superb...just one request from me.. please add 'Bahasa Malaysia / Malaysian Language' in this rom for the next update.
i know this is for eu, but i like this rom very much, i'm from Malaysia actually.

Look this. I make video with my problem :(
Can you look @ingbrzy ?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
What theme are you using?

#ingbrzy Wat for the Redmi Note 4 MTK?

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Check this...

Tried your workaround, but I still can't get mobile data after the update. I know that the two things are related (update and lack of mobile data) because I was using data a lot before I updated mid-morning. Have any of you tried reporting this to the devs?

Great rom as usual, but I found a strange 'error' in mi4c in settings the icon of users when I do scroll icon always changes.

goto /system/usr/keylayout/ and modify cyttsp_button.kl, Generic.kl and synaptics_dsx.kl changing:

key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL

into:
key 139 BACK VIRTUAL
key 158 MENU VIRTUAL

PS. I've modified those files in the written order and rebooted after each modification. The button swapped after the last one (synaptics_dsx.kl) so it can be that this is the only file to be modified. Maybe just try and let me know.
Your right but official solution is already given as well

key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL

into:
key 139 BACK VIRTUAL
key 158 MENU VIRTUAL

Thanks, workaround easy and useful.

Anyway, waiting for this feature to be restored.

First impressions on my cancro are very good.. Too early for battery life report but fluidity really improved..
Thank you devs..

Mi4 LTE by xiaomi.eu

what about the long standing cpu 2 cores issue with mpdecision ?

I found a weird problem updating from 7.8.31 to 7.9.7: No data! I could make and receive calls and WIFI worked fine. VPN was ok (Orange) but nothing..... I do not know what to do. I am now on 7.7.20 'cause MIUI 9 does not want to run anymore.

Help....please

Mi max Pro

Last edited:
Still toggle position bug in my pad 3. Tried chinese rom and multirom and no bug there.

Hi, i have data problems with Spanish Orange operator after installing this version. I had to reinstall an older versión. No way to solve it.
On the other hands, ....great job every week.

Regards

MI5S

Status
Not open for further replies.