8.1.11 V2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? I've been told stable builds don't have all xiaomi.eu features, only some basics.
Just asking ;)
Yes, the beta will always be steady steps ahead of the stable, but everything that is fixed and working well is upgraded from beta to stable.
Beta versions are good for those who like to have early releases, but often they are accompanied by bugs, and the stable, in general, only brings the news with a lower possibility of containing bugs.
If you have the profile of a developer and follow a methodology of always making a backup via TWRP, for example, you can always test beta versions and if it is good for you maintain, if not, restore the backup. That's what I always do.
Good luck! ;)

Installing MiuiSystemUI.apk from 7.12.21 Global rom solves the problem of double notification. It works! Sounds, vibration, LED, and no double notification.

Global ROM?

The easiest is to utilise that center clock disable mod from ******** since they use xiaomi.eu rom as the base.

I've compared miuisystem.apk inside their center clock disable mod for 7.2.21 to xiaomi.eu rom 7.12.21, it's the same.

But problem is, while it fix the bug, the group notification is no more, so it's not really usefull unless you need or using newer rom then 7.12.21 and need to fix the bug.

Reactions: Ilaby91
QUESTO È L'ID BUG FACE IN MI NOTA 3: //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a5e7af17a441/2018-01-16-22-57-07.txt
L'ultima versione (8.1.11v2) ha i problemi di prestazioni nel Mi Note 3. FIX PER FAVORE

From initial inspection - it seems that Xiaomi doesn't utilize the NotificationGroup standard properly.
Each of these apps that show double notifications are using the new NotificationGroup API.
It seems that with this API, the app can send 3 types of notifications:
1) Isolated notification. ("normal" notification)
2) Notification group summary. (defines a unique GroupKey)
3) Notification group child. (those are nested under the group summary, identified by its GroupKey)

The problem starts with this: Xiaomi shows a notification icon for both group summary AND group child, while it's supposed to show a single icon just for the group summary.

Global ROM?

The easiest is to utilise that center clock disable mod from ******** since they use xiaomi.eu rom as the base.

I've compared miuisystem.apk inside their center clock disable mod for 7.2.21 to xiaomi.eu rom 7.12.21, it's the same.

But problem is, while it fix the bug, the group notification is no more, so it's not really usefull unless you need or using newer rom then 7.12.21 and need to fix the bug.
For me it was useful because when I got two messages from whatsapp, the notification (icon) disappeared completely and the LED did not flash and I did not know that I had a message. So if I have double icons, and with two messages, no notification about the message I prefer this solution (i.e. miuisystemui.apk from version 7.12.21 uploaded to 8.1.11, and so I uploaded from global)

From initial inspection - it seems that Xiaomi doesn't utilize the NotificationGroup standard properly.
Each of these apps that show double notifications are using the new NotificationGroup API.
It seems that with this API, the app can send 3 types of notifications:
1) Isolated notification. ("normal" notification)
2) Notification group summary. (defines a unique GroupKey)
3) Notification group child. (those are nested under the group summary, identified by its GroupKey)

The problem starts with this: Xiaomi shows a notification icon for both group summary AND group child, while it's supposed to show a single icon just for the group summary.
so said in this way almost almost is not a problem. or am I wrong?

Hi, i'm having problems with installing Xiaomi.EU version again on my MI6.
What have I done:

I relocked bootloader & installed global dev rom.
I couldn't use Android Pay because global dev rom doens't support safetynet -.-...

Next I unlocked bootloader.
Flashed the new twrp with fastboot.
In twrp i sideload the mi6 version.

Now i'm stuck with the mi logo and the android text on the bottom.

Hi, i'm having problems with installing Xiaomi.EU version again on my MI6.
What have I done:

I relocked bootloader & installed global dev rom.
I couldn't use Android Pay because global dev rom doens't support safetynet -.-...

Next I unlocked bootloader.
Flashed the new twrp with fastboot.
In twrp i sideload the mi6 version.

Now i'm stuck with the mi logo and the android text on the bottom.
Do you use SuperSU? If so, flash stock the boot.img via fastboot, then install the Magisk and test it in the safetynet test.
Which version do you currently use?

Do you use SuperSU? If so, flash stock the boot.img via fastboot, then install the Magisk and test it in the safetynet test.
Which version do you currently use?

I'm currently flashing the new 8.1.11 from xiaomi.eu.
I'm now trying the old rom (7.12.7).

I'm currently flashing the new 8.1.11 from xiaomi.eu.
I'm now trying the old rom (7.12.7).
If you do flash from rom 7.12.7, the original boot.img will be restored and you can install Magisk and you will have no problem with the safetynet test....
I'm using 7.12.7 on my Mi6 and replace SuperSU with Magisk and everything OK with banking apps.

Look this https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
magisk_safetynet.png

Don't know what you are saying...
I am just trying to get the Xiaomi.EU version into my device but it can't boot :(

Don't know what you are saying...
I am just trying to get the Xiaomi.EU version into my device but it can't boot :(
You said you currently have version 8.1.11 on your Mi6, correct? How did you install it?
You're going to install 7.12.7 the way I did before. But need to perform a wipe data + cache. (Backup your data before)

Last edited:
Mi6 v2 does not have fast charging even though the quick charge icon is still displayed. I've done wipe in twrp.
@ingbrzy

Last edited:
Yes I had, i sideloaded the xiaomi.eu version within twrp.
Now i'm on the Global Stable version.
Think i'm sticking to this till xiaomi oreo is more stable.
Good!
Do you use Mi Cloud? and did recent backup?
Are you backup your photos and everything else that's important to you?

Good!
Do you use Mi Cloud? and did recent backup?
Are you backup your photos and everything else that's important to you?
If the answer is yes then after flashing from rom 7.12.7 just follow these steps:
twrp_wipe.jpg

In Mi cloud restore the last backup and other backups you have.

I said that as you wrote it, it does not seem to be a problem. even if it's a big problem at the end.
The problem has already been reported in the Xiaomi forum and should take care of it. But consider using a global version if the issue is not resolved. The team that takes care of the Chinese ROM will not be in a hurry to solve problems that are not part of the Chinese daily life. They do not use Whatsapp, Telegram, while in the rest of the world they use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: barbuti17
The problem has already been reported in the Xiaomi forum and should take care of it. But consider using a global version if the issue is not resolved. The team that takes care of the Chinese ROM will not be in a hurry to solve problems that are not part of the Chinese daily life. They do not use Whatsapp, Telegram, while in the rest of the world they use it.
That's because the apps they use are outdated and don't follow Google's Android standards. Instead of updating their apps to utilize Bundled Notifications properly, they still use the old way of posting isolated notifications, and then MIUI "forces" them to be grouped, while apps that properly utilize Bundled Notifications are being destroyed by MIUI. It's not anybody's fault but Xiaomi's, that their developers are not competent enough to follow Android standards.
And by the way, an MIUI Beta Team member refused the bug report, claiming that such bug doesn't exist. lol
After some tinkering, I managed to "patch" the double icon issue, but still looking into the "auto dismissal" of those bundled notifications.
This one is still a mystery...
Code:
# An updated GroupSummary notification to replace the old one
StatusBar: onNotificationPosted:  (Key: 0|com.google.android.gm|505426166| ...)
StatusBar: GroupChild: false IsGroupSummary: true IsUpdate: true hasIcon: true
PhoneStatusBar: updateNotification pkg=com.google.android.gm;id=505426166
# The new GroupChild notification that was received
StatusBar: onNotificationPosted:  Key: 0|com.google.android.gm|-150427634| ...
StatusBar: GroupChild: true IsGroupSummary: false IsUpdate: true hasIcon: true
PhoneStatusBar: updateNotification pkg=com.google.android.gm;id=-150427634
# Unexpected dismissal of all notifications related to that app
StatusBar: onNotificationRemoved:  Key: 0|com.google.android.gm|505426166|null|10124
StatusBar: onNotificationRemoved:  Key: 0|com.google.android.gm|-150427634|null|10124
StatusBar: removeNotificationViews(key=android.os.Binder@9431b55)
PhoneStatusBar: removeNotification key=android.os.Binder@9431b55 keyCode=155392853 ...
PhoneStatusBar: removeNotificationKeyguard keyCode=155392853;pkg=com.google.android.gm
StatusBar: removeNotificationViews(key=android.os.Binder@10b804c)
PhoneStatusBar: removeNotification key=android.os.Binder@10b804c keyCode=17530956 ...
PhoneStatusBar: removeNotificationKeyguard keyCode=17530956;pkg=com.google.android.gm

That's because the apps they use are outdated and don't follow Google's Android standards. Instead of updating their apps to utilize Bundled Notifications properly, they still use the old way of posting isolated notifications, and then MIUI "forces" them to be grouped, while apps that properly utilize Bundled Notifications are being destroyed by MIUI. It's not anybody's fault but Xiaomi's, that their developers are not competent enough to follow Android standards.
After some tinkering, I managed to "patch" the double icon issue, but still looking into the "auto dismissal" of those bundled notifications.
This one is still a mystery...
Code:
# An updated GroupSummary notification to replace the old one
StatusBar: onNotificationPosted:  (Key: 0|com.google.android.gm|505426166| ...)
StatusBar: GroupChild: false IsGroupSummary: true IsUpdate: true hasIcon: true
PhoneStatusBar: updateNotification pkg=com.google.android.gm;id=505426166
# The new GroupChild notification that was received
StatusBar: onNotificationPosted:  Key: 0|com.google.android.gm|-150427634| ...
StatusBar: GroupChild: true IsGroupSummary: false IsUpdate: true hasIcon: true
PhoneStatusBar: updateNotification pkg=com.google.android.gm;id=-150427634
# Unexpected dismissal of all notifications related to that app
StatusBar: onNotificationRemoved:  Key: 0|com.google.android.gm|505426166|null|10124
StatusBar: onNotificationRemoved:  Key: 0|com.google.android.gm|-150427634|null|10124
StatusBar: removeNotificationViews(key=android.os.Binder@9431b55)
PhoneStatusBar: removeNotification key=android.os.Binder@9431b55 keyCode=155392853 ...
PhoneStatusBar: removeNotificationKeyguard keyCode=155392853;pkg=com.google.android.gm
StatusBar: removeNotificationViews(key=android.os.Binder@10b804c)
PhoneStatusBar: removeNotification key=android.os.Binder@10b804c keyCode=17530956 ...
PhoneStatusBar: removeNotificationKeyguard keyCode=17530956;pkg=com.google.android.gm

the global Rom do not have this problem? but also the new shadow of notification also?

Status
Not open for further replies.