8.1.25 V2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
heneseey model,latest weekly update downloaded,instaling with twrp 3.0,stuck update failed,then trie to back recovery to sistem.
then dosent want to back in sistem,phone was back in twrp first site with options:install,wipe,backup,restore,mount,setings,advanced,reboot

Which rom you downloaded and installed?
Try to re download the rom and flash through TWRP again, or restore to your previous rom.

Reactions: TEO1951
MIUI 9.3 8.1.25 V2 latest rom
how to redownload from twrp screen,i cant back to phone sistem?

Obviously you need computer to do that, alternatively, restore to previous version (you backep up before upgrade, right?).

Btw I was asking about the rom file name..maybe you got the wrong one.

Am I the only one having issues with the Mi Remote apk? Always forces stop, tried to uninstall and re install and still cruashes. Any tip?

Hi!

Honestly I don't have. The carrier uses 20 MHz bandwidth. I don't get that kind of speeds probably because of the carrier but my friend who has the 5T has the same carrier, same band (not sure but I think he mentioned 1800 which is the same as mine) and the speeds are significantly better on 4G+, on 4G are almost equal as mine.

Anyways, of course we can not compare the both SoC xD But the point I am trying to make in the first place is that the 650 SoC handle the CA but we don't have that enabled. There are around 20 posts in MIUI forums of people complaining about this situation. Only intra-band and on only two bands combination of I am not mistaken.

Just trying to say that, for some reason we do not have the firmware configured in a way that we can use 4G+ because I get none everywhere I go and other phones get, older ones actually (Xperia, don't know the model) xD I might be completely wrong regarding this, but the point is that I THINK this phone is capable of intra and inter band carrier aggregation and it doesn't work. I might be wrong though, but taking into account other users report on MIUI forum...

It's not like I am asking for 5G xD

Sorry for bothering and hope you understand.

EDIT: Two photos attached. Hope they help to demonstrate my concerns.
7ad9918822db59389e302bf5ae6c187f.jpg
29f51ea9c4e969afdd6b3479707bb514.jpg

Again no sound and vibration for Telegram on Mi Mix 2 .

Are the below options enabled at you?

Settings > Notifications & status bar > App notifications > Telegram > Sound: Enable

Settings > Notifications & status bar > App notifications > Telegram > Vibration: Enable

Reactions: Horvath
MIUI 9.3 8.1.25 V2 latest rom
how to redownload from twrp screen,i cant back to phone sistem?

Downlod rom.zip via PC > connect phone to PC while u are in TWRP recovery > copy rom.zip from PC to Phone internal storage

Copying anything from pc to phone works fine even if u are in TWRP recovery...

Edited:

Btw...if you didn't wipe internal storage then previously downloaded rom.zip must be still there on your internal storage

Interesting.

What I have noted here (Latvia only, Sweden is different) is that recently, with more bands in use than previously, the usefully capacity from my point of view has decreased remarkably, especially in "prime time" - evenings, especially sunday evenings.

Worst of all is that the the upload rate is often near 0, making it impossible to send emails or post on forums. Closing and reopening the connection will fix that for awhile, but the problem returns.

My phones tend to jump around between the bands available, for no particular reason. That can hardly be efficient.

Note LMT is the largest operator here, owned by Swedish Telia.
Your questions are very relevant, I try to answer them clearly.

1. It appears the Operator is doing network expansions, to deal with increasing traffic loads - probably linked to Marketing campaigns to move users to LTE, so they can re-use (or trade/sell) their existing 2G (GSM900, EGSM900 & DCS1800) spectrum.

2. LTE (and HSDPA, 3G+) is all "shared" capacity, so during busy hour, providing that the Radio Resource Control (RRC) layer will admit more users to the network, then the Downlink Scheduler in the eNodeB has to share the cell's capacity around between all users, on a "proportional fair share" basis.
This is done on a 1 millisecond interval, assigning Resource Blocks (RB's) based on each user's reported channel conditions, buffered data volume, assigned priority, and a number of other conditions.

3. Uplink capacity and radio conditions in busy hour is a nightmare, it is heavily influenced by uplink interference (more users, more uplink noise), the amount of downlink co-channel interference (overshooting/overlapping cells, physical layer tuning, etc) and many network optimisation parameters will affect this (This keeps me in a job, as a consultant :))

4. The network has a set of Cell Reselection parameters which controls which band a UE will use, at any given time, based on a range of measurements and thresholds. Tuning these parameters are also part of my work, and need a lot of attention to optimise them.
You are correct, it is not efficient to be jumping bands, but many Operators do not have the required skillset to be able to tune them properly, often relying on the Vendors to do this, and the majority of people doing it do not understand them properly:(.

Network growth/expansion is a horror time to be trying to optimise the Radio Access parameters, since as the conditions change (new sites, additional bands, change of sector allocations, to name a few), the scenario changes, make it nearly impossible:(

Hopefully this provides some clarity to the situation.

Hi there. I used the phone in the Hungarian language, I noticed that in the silent mode switch-on menu you can not select the days of the week. and in English it works perfectly.

Report it to Vagyula via miui.hu

Are the below options enabled at you?

Settings > Notifications & status bar > App notifications > Telegram > Sound: Enable

Settings > Notifications & status bar > App notifications > Telegram > Vibration: Enable
For Gmail also no Sound, Vibration and Led and these Settings are all enabled in Settings > Notifications & status bar > App notifications > Gmail.
Started with Oreo Update for Mix2..
ThreemaNotifications work as they should...

Reactions: ferhatugur
Mi 6 64/6gb Sagit

Bluetooth don't activate after upgrading to last version, Maybe because I jump from 7.12.7 to 8.1.25 V2, btw, the image of the error is here
35hhgeb.jpg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-01-27 at 12.29.17.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-01-27 at 12.29.17.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 357
Reactions: jessevd
Mi 6 64/6gb Sagit

Bluetooth don't activate after upgrading to last version, Maybe because I jump from 7.12.7 to 8.1.25 V2, btw, the image of the error is here
35hhgeb.jpg
Anyone can verify and report if this is a common error to all M 6

Hi!

Honestly I don't have. The carrier uses 20 MHz bandwidth. I don't get that kind of speeds probably because of the carrier but my friend who has the 5T has the same carrier, same band (not sure but I think he mentioned 1800 which is the same as mine) and the speeds are significantly better on 4G+, on 4G are almost equal as mine.

Anyways, of course we can not compare the both SoC xD But the point I am trying to make in the first place is that the 650 SoC handle the CA but we don't have that enabled. There are around 20 posts in MIUI forums of people complaining about this situation. Only intra-band and on only two bands combination of I am not mistaken.

Just trying to say that, for some reason we do not have the firmware configured in a way that we can use 4G+ because I get none everywhere I go and other phones get, older ones actually (Xperia, don't know the model) xD I might be completely wrong regarding this, but the point is that I THINK this phone is capable of intra and inter band carrier aggregation and it doesn't work. I might be wrong though, but taking into account other users report on MIUI forum...

It's not like I am asking for 5G xD

Sorry for bothering and hope you understand.

EDIT: Two photos attached. Hope they help to demonstrate my concerns.
7ad9918822db59389e302bf5ae6c187f.jpg
29f51ea9c4e969afdd6b3479707bb514.jpg

Not a problem, I have time to help out now.

You are correct about the SD650, it only supports 2CA, and the X8 modem "should" support LTE-A.

From my experience with Xiaomi and many other "new" device makers, they appear to not run the modem/RF sections to their absolute limit, i.e. reduced CA capability, or not implementing LTE-A, as examples.

whether this is due to:
1. Design skills/competence (people who are really good baseband or RF design engineers are very rare & expensive),

2. They are saving money by using cheaper RF Front-end components (non-Qualcomm devices, other than the TxRx) which do not allow for full implementation of all the capabilities of the modem,

3. There is heating or power demand considerations that they need to manage, so reduced functional implementation or clock throttling are implemented,

4. They have a commercial agreement to not fully implement the full functionality in return for earlier access to the latest chip-sets (ahead or same time as Samsung, Apple, etc).

Last edited:
Hello! I confirm, Mi Note 3 - Face Unlock does not work, when you try to take a picture, just flies to the lock screen. (Mi 5 and Mi 5s - face unlock working fine)

Reactions: Warper007
That explains a lot @GreasyMonkey1960! Well, for sure if I buy another Xiaomi I will check out more the little details. To be honest since 4G+ here in my country is very recent, it would be hard to know since I never heard of it before :-/

I thought that if the SoC had the capabilities there would be no restraints. Assuming that the antenna would be suitable for the required frequencies and the TxRx equipment as well. As for power and heat management I get it, more required power for two bands, and consequently more heat and more battery drain :-/

Well, going to stick for bad 4G then. My network has the worst mobile network right now but will start sharing CE with Vodafone which is the best right now, hoping it will improve.

Thanks for the explanation and have a nice weekend!

Congratz for you job tho, I am studying a little bit of Communications (Modulations, Pulse Codes etc) and it is very hard but very interesting xD

Status
Not open for further replies.