8.1.25 V2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I install magisk alongside with zcx embedded SuperSU or should I remove SuperSU before installing magisk. I have tried to install magisk but it gave an error.
Magisk or SuperSU...you can't be both of them and it wouldn't be no any sense...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sevda
Your questions are very relevant, I try to answer them clearly.

1. It appears the Operator is doing network expansions, to deal with increasing traffic loads - probably linked to Marketing campaigns to move users to LTE, so they can re-use (or trade/sell) their existing 2G (GSM900, EGSM900 & DCS1800) spectrum.

2. LTE (and HSDPA, 3G+) is all "shared" capacity, so during busy hour, providing that the Radio Resource Control (RRC) layer will admit more users to the network, then the Downlink Scheduler in the eNodeB has to share the cell's capacity around between all users, on a "proportional fair share" basis.
This is done on a 1 millisecond interval, assigning Resource Blocks (RB's) based on each user's reported channel conditions, buffered data volume, assigned priority, and a number of other conditions.

3. Uplink capacity and radio conditions in busy hour is a nightmare, it is heavily influenced by uplink interference (more users, more uplink noise), the amount of downlink co-channel interference (overshooting/overlapping cells, physical layer tuning, etc) and many network optimisation parameters will affect this (This keeps me in a job, as a consultant :))

4. The network has a set of Cell Reselection parameters which controls which band a UE will use, at any given time, based on a range of measurements and thresholds. Tuning these parameters are also part of my work, and need a lot of attention to optimise them.
You are correct, it is not efficient to be jumping bands, but many Operators do not have the required skillset to be able to tune them properly, often relying on the Vendors to do this, and the majority of people doing it do not understand them properly:(.

Network growth/expansion is a horror time to be trying to optimise the Radio Access parameters, since as the conditions change (new sites, additional bands, change of sector allocations, to name a few), the scenario changes, make it nearly impossible:(

Hopefully this provides some clarity to the situation.

All very interesting, not unexpected.

I've never worked with GSM systems, but do have a background in communication electronics construction (from the 1980's), when I also first started working with Unix, so I have a general feeling for what might be going on.
Ah! the good old tlmes, when one was surprised every time something worked!

Note that we are in Ventspils, a town of only about 38000 people, and I am surprised that LMT has added so many bands.
I have seen: 1,3,7,8,20,38, though not all on the Mi Max Prime of course.
Possibly trying to kill the capacity problem with more bands?

In Sweden Telia generally runs 3 and 20 only, and 7 in bigger cities, and the results are better.

Can I use this ROM for my Mix 2 running on Android 8.0 or is there no update available yet?
27759b4fdf1cfee30011058eb8289e1f.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MIX 2 mit Tapatalk
Interesting theme;). What`s the name?

Hallo everybody! I am new to miui eu. My phone is Xiaomi redmi note 4 global version (mido). Yesterday I flashed 8-1-25, and this morning I have seen that there was a new version (8-1-25 V2) ready to be downloaded on my phone. So I have just downloaded it, and now I can see that it is ready to be installed, by pressing the button. The thing is that I am a bit confused, because I have read here that the roms must be flashed through TWRP (just the way I did it yesterday). My question is: What happens if I press the button "install"? Will my phone reboot to recovery mode and then the installation process will begin? If so...Is it necessary to make any wipes before or after installing? Thanks for your attention and help.
Just press install/reboot, this is the easiest way to update.
Your device will reboot in twrp and the script will do everything for you including reboot back to system.
No need to wipe anything.

Just press install/reboot, this is the easiest way to update.
Your device will reboot in twrp and the script will do everything for you including reboot back to system.
No need to wipe anything.
Thanks...but if you don't do any wipes, are there not more possibilities after the installation is finished to have buggs on the system? I am just asking...

Anybody having fc on sync menu in settings? I've had it since 8.1.18, clear app data and clear cache/dalvik didn't work. Device is Mimix2. Here's error capture.
ea9306a8f666d54b919fafcc95890c84.jpg

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Full wipe is recommended if there is new base.
And Oreo is new base.
Yes you will loose everything so make backup.

Tapatalk - Xiaomi MI 6
Thanks. Can you tell me please the way you make backup?

Last edited:
I installed this on my Redmi Pro, and everything seems to be working fine. But apps just won't install from the play store! It'll come up with a notification saying *Name of app* cannot be downloaded and comes up with error 904 on the play store. Help!
Open installed apps in settings, choose playstore and wipe data

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Pro met Tapatalk

Dear All, I've just received my Redmi 5SPlus. I'm from Italy and I tought to use the phone in english mode until a European multilanguage rom will come out. Unfortunately I've found that the english language doesn't clear the chinese bloatware and also lot of things are mixed in english/chinese language, so after some googling I've found your site.
I understood that I can install a multilanguage rom without any chinese bloatware, but I just need to ask you: If I'll found any hardware issue with the phone, is there any method to go back to the original Xiaomi rom (I downloaded it from xiaomi web pages) so not to loose the warranty?
Thank You all for a kindly reply
Carlo

Hi all,

I discover the rom and I have a problem with the led notification.
The led notification is activated in the app and in the general settings but it doesn't work.
Is it a bug of the rom or on my phone?

My phone is mi mix 2.

Thank you for your help.

Envoyé de mon MIX 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

?????what the hell is the second update in a row when you release a version 2....you couldn't see?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-27-22-09-52-904_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-27-22-09-52-904_com.miui.home.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Make backup with twrp or Titanium Backup
Transfer all files to pc/laptop via cable.

Tapatalk - Xiaomi MI 6
Hi again! I am right now inside TWRP (redwolf): should I make a backup of every option it gives, including Modem, bootloader..etc? Thanks!

I tried it with Smart lock launcher and Magisk 15.3 installed and it works

Before it worked also after paring new device,but I could only choose to TRUST the new device?!
9c96e1e15265a79fb60a65937733adea.jpg
af4203a10496cb8870a9ff27617af4c4.jpg
6b247703a9716d80174cec3ad3f44dc8.jpg

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

I have installed both magisk and smart lock launcher but no luck. It still stops at lock screen and needs to be opened by my pattern or fingerprint. Can you explain in detail how you managed? Thanks in advance

Reactions: deepknight
Does anyone have step-by-step installation instructions for global stock Mi Max 2? The OP is extremely vague.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.