Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problems with this ROM. Works great on my KATE. Thanks a lot.
Happy new Year.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

The rain radar shows you exactly location in map?
For me yes:

e476362d92bdf87aa628665f16fd66c9.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lezinboy
Does anybody know how to fix it how to find out an application what cause an error while selecting an image for contact?

This error I get while catching image directly from camera to contact:
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean java.lang.String.contains(java.lang.CharSequence)' on a null object reference
    at android.content.ContentResolver.checkLeakDetectIgnoreList(ContentResolver.java)
    at android.content.ContentResolver.openAssetFileDescriptor(ContentResolver.java)
    at android.content.ContentResolver.openAssetFileDescriptor(ContentResolver.java)
    at com.android.contacts.util.ContactPhotoUtils.savePhotoFromUriToUri(Unknown Source)
    at com.android.contacts.ContactSaveService.saveUpdatedPhoto(Unknown Source)
    at com.android.contacts.ContactSaveService.updatePhoto(Unknown Source)
    at com.android.contacts.ContactSaveService.onHandleIntent(Unknown Source)
    at android.app.IntentService$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(IntentService.java)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
    at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java)

And this error I get when selecting an image from any type of storage:
Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failure delivering result ResultInfo{who=null, request=1002, result=-1, data=Intent { dat=file:///storage/8AE2-A533/DCIM/Camera/IMG_20171227_221521.jpg typ=image/jpeg flg=0x1 }} to activity {com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.ContactDetailActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean java.lang.String.contains(java.lang.CharSequence)' on a null object reference
    at android.app.ActivityThread.deliverResults(ActivityThread.java)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleSendResult(ActivityThread.java)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean java.lang.String.contains(java.lang.CharSequence)' on a null object reference
    at android.content.ContentResolver.checkLeakDetectIgnoreList(ContentResolver.java)
    at com.android.contacts.util.ContactPhotoUtils.savePhotoFromUriToUri(Unknown Source)
    at com.android.contacts.editor.PhotoSelectionHandler.handlePhotoActivityResult(Unknown Source)
    at com.android.contacts.activities.ContactDetailActivity.onActivityResult(Unknown Source)
    at android.app.Activity.dispatchActivityResult(Activity.java)
    ... 10 more

Just after a clean install all works perfectly, but after restoring a user's applications something goes wrong. Or maybe after configuring them... Can't catch the dependencies.
I just tested on Mi5 I don't have that issue even add photo via camera or via gallery, both way works for me.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Dear users,

Have you noticed that the charging time vary according to some rom's, this particular one is slow.

Redmi note 4x

There should be a guide to basic troubleshooting, and it should be translated in as many languages as possible,. This way, useless bugreports like "battery consumption too high" can be ruled out easily if not avoided at all.

notifications appear and immediately disappear. Help.

Отправлено с моего MI 5 через Tapatalk

Reactions: barbuti17
I have no problems with this ROM. Works great on my KATE. Thanks a lot.
Happy new Year.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

True, older devices don't get new important update (like newer Android) or features (like the new notification grouping), that's why they are free of bugs introduced with new features.

UPDATE: Rain radar in weather app only works for China.
True, despite "moderate rain" announcement and finding my location on the map there is no rain shown on that map.
In the upper part the actual location is replaced with "somewhere on earth"

Reactions: cobben
Smooth rom on RN4 mido and Mi4, haven`t faced notifications loss, the scanner gets FC on document or business card on mido only. It works fine on Mi4. Those are no real bugs for me and I`m enjoying the rom as usual. Thanks
BTW on global beta the issues described here are not present at all and my impression is Xiaomi are putting more effort improving those along with their globalization program

Reactions: ivan.martinko
What is the latest stable version for mido? Last time I had bad call connection with stable.mido, is this solved? Or is there a solution?

I prefer not to use a weekly

Pretty anoying with those known bugs.
Fix IT than release New one.
No clue why you even want toen upload with so Many bugs

Reactions: Ilaby91
Hi, first of all thanks for the good work every week. I enjoy so much your roms. I juste have one question/suggestion that could be useful for bigger phones.
Issue there any way to rotate miui's homescreen in landscape mode? Didn't find any positive answer anywhere, third party app nor option. That's too bad cause it would be so much more confortable imo

you need to flash the host file with TWRP afaik.
Now I continued investigations.

Made a full miflash of Mido global stable, reinstalled twrp 3.2.1, wiped all, installed 8.1.4, restored miui backup, installed magisk 15.2
IT RESULTS :
adblock working now
Mi scan qr app working

I had adblock blank and qr crash before full wipes now seems all fine.

Thanks @graw2 that suspected some leftover files, seems to be the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.