Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not help on Mix1, Maps still freezes on "Start".

Of course, I have not done a clean install.
Someone else did and left a logcat previously.

Yes, it was me. I can only repeat, I performed full factory reset and installed only google maps. As soon as I go outside, set my route and pressed "start", it immediately freezes.

The only reasonable answer is... try yourself.
My case (Mi Mix2S): I was able to install 8.8.X (xiaomi.eu dev branch), then 10.0.0.3 (xiaomi.eu stable branch), then again 8.10.25 + 8.11.1 ((xiaomi.eu dev branch) without wiping data and everything worked flawlessly. Instead I was not able to move from 8.10.25 to 10.0.0.4 (stuck on PIN code screen). Many users experienced bootloops doing the very same steps. So it totally depends on your setting and apps.
I would suggest to make a backup (and copy it to an external storage) and then try to wipe dalvik + cache and dirty flash.
In case of issues, you can wipe everything, flash and try to restore the backup.
In case of issues, you have no other option than clean flash.

Is Pie doing a better work with the notch than Oreo? Let me explain:

Android stock and other brands match status bar height with the notch height. In MIUI/Oreo exist a vertical gap between the notch and the app view, in my opinion is not well designed...

I don't like it at all this so if Pie fix it I could update. If is not fix I would wait for a while and update in another moment (I think Pie does not too much to offer).

Mi8 SE here. After update to 8.11.1 everything is ok except camera.

If you open stock camera app, go home with swipe gesture and then reopen it, it frozen. You need to kill the app for working again.

Reactions: Peraltta
Mi8 SE here. After update to 8.11.1 everything is ok except camera.

If you open stock camera app, go home with swipe gesture and then reopen it, it frozen. You need to kill the app for working again.

Same here with mix2s.

MI MAX 3 - After testing the last days, I have still the issues:

- random reboot (less often but still)
- Dataconnection is lost

- For Now BT works without any issue (could imagin that I will fail after more testing)

Is Pie doing a better work with the notch than Oreo? Let me explain:

Android stock and other brands match status bar height with the notch height. In MIUI/Oreo exist a vertical gap between the notch and the app view, in my opinion is not well designed...

I don't like it at all this so if Pie fix it I could update. If is not fix I would wait for a while and update in another moment (I think Pie does not too much to offer).
Mi8 fixed. Mi8SE not fixed but I have a patch to fix this. Find it on XDA :D

Mi8 fixed. Mi8SE not fixed but I have a patch to fix this. Find it on XDA :D

I just switch from a Mi Mix 2s to the Mi 8 yesterday.....and I am still struggling with switching off the Notch ears.... I cannot find anything in "settings"

Pls advice where to find.

Thx a lot!!!

I just switch from a Mi Mix 2s to the Mi 8 yesterday.....and I am still struggling with switching off the Notch ears.... I cannot find anything in "settings"

Pls advice where to find.

Thx a lot!!!
It is not available on Android 9.0 currently and has been well commented previously on the forum.

I have AOD white and If I unlock it, I got a black screen, cannot use it.
Is it a bug of 8.11.1 for mi8 (dipper)?

How can i rollback to STABLE from this version? After installation i can't boot to TWRP, it loads to fastboot in any way (3 dots, manually, etc.)

I got MI 8 SE,

thanks

How can i rollback to STABLE from this version? After installation i can't boot to TWRP, it loads to fastboot in any way (3 dots, manually, etc.)

I got MI 8 SE,

thanks
U need to flash Android Pie compatible TWRP again from fastboot. Previous TWRP it was mak for Oreo.

You have a wrong twrp. I had the same. Look previous posts. I use twrp lr team version 1102

I got MI 8 SE,

thanks

Inviato dal mio MI 8 SE utilizzando Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.