• YES

Votes: 261 86.4%
  • NO

Votes: 41 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_2018-11-30-11-08-34-439_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Seems like the Android System is working really hard... Nearly 70% usage.

Note: Mi Max 3 after updating to Android 9

Edit: maybe this causes the slowdown

Can Somebody confirm that Mi Max 3 users can just downgrade to last build available (8.11.15) without bricking the device and triggering the ARB?

Reactions: Robsjo
Can Somebody confirm that Mi Max 3 users can just downgrade to last build available (8.11.15) without bricking the device and triggering the ARB?

Yes man! I flashed 8.11.15 twrp rom with full wipes (cache + system + storage) and i am happy again with MIUI and forgetting about this previous nightmare

Reactions: Robsjo
I tried to restore anrdoid 8 stable backup on my mi 8 se but the phone did not boot, showed fastboot screen. I flashed the last android 9 rom again through twrp and phone is back. but I want to use the stable form. How can I restore the android 8 backup?
Does anybody know the solution?

Quick Aps seems to make problems on Mi Max 3. Here is the report. Also sent it.

Report:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider org.hapjs.bridge.provider.SettingsProvider: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "org.hapjs.bridge.provider.SettingsProvider" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/system/framework/org.apache.http.legacy.boot.jar", zip file "/system/app/HybridPlatform/HybridPlatform.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/system/app/HybridPlatform/lib/arm, /system/app/HybridPlatform/HybridPlatform.apk!/lib/armeabi-v7a, /system/lib, /vendor/lib, /system/lib, /vendor/lib]]
at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(Unknown Source:432)
at android.app.ActivityThread.installContentProviders(Unknown Source:28)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(Unknown Source:1160)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1200(Unknown Source:0)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:703)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:21)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:203)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:107)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:274)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "org.hapjs.bridge.provider.SettingsProvider" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/system/framework/org.apache.http.legacy.boot.jar", zip file "/system/app/HybridPlatform/HybridPlatform.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/system/app/HybridPlatform/lib/arm, /system/app/HybridPlatform/HybridPlatform.apk!/lib/armeabi-v7a, /system/lib, /vendor/lib, /system/lib, /vendor/lib]]
at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:134)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:379)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:312)
at android.app.AppComponentFactory.instantiateProvider(Unknown Source:0)
at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(Unknown Source:198)
... 10 more

Image:
Screenshot_2018-11-30-11-34-10-738_com.android.chrome.png

something intresting I found in Android P Mi Max 3 is that Digital Wellbeing is pre-installed :p
it looks like its the beta version though
there is also somethign called "markup" its a drawer

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-30-12-48-27-982_com.google.android.apps.wellbeing.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-30-12-48-27-982_com.google.android.apps.wellbeing.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 406
I just attempted a dirty flash to 8.11.15 and it did not go well! Everything was crashing and the phone eventually rebooted. So now I'm wiping and flashing again. I have a Mi Cloud backup anyway.

I think i will also do a Mi Cloud Backup later on... Tell me if you have done it successful. Thanks!

I wanted to roll back through twrp to the previous version (8.11.15), but I got a bootloop (automatic reboot in twrp). What to do ?

I wanted to roll back through twrp to the previous version (8.11.15), but I got a bootloop (automatic reboot in twrp). What to do ?
Did you wipe everything? Also considering going back to. 15 but nervous about ARB. Mi max 3

Did you wipe everything? Also considering going back to. 15 but nervous about ARB. Mi max 3
I only wiped the cache and dalvik. Need to wipe data? I was sure that the version of the bootloader remained the same. Or am I wrong? (Mi Max 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.