Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did a full clean wipe from 8.12.7 weekly to the current build.

Everything so far so good, but like what a user previously reported, app icons are flickering during closing of apps.

Also, to get Google Playstore to work past the blackscreen before installing Android Webview apk file, I just realised that even with/without root, the homescreen Favorites tray was able to accommodate up to 6 apps, but after installing Android Webview, it seems to locked it to only just 5 Apps.

Can the devs or anyone test this out. This is happening since all the previous builds, I was thinking is due to the theme that is affecting this issue. Please check.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-15-02-06-36-375_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-15-02-06-36-375_com.android.settings.png
    165 KB · Views: 419
  • Screenshot_2018-12-15-02-06-23-426_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-15-02-06-23-426_com.android.settings.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 396
Okey I have big problem - I have mi 8, i updated via dirty flash, everything okey. Then I went into settings, entered encrypt and now the phone boots into recovery( twrp.1110). I tried to format data and so on and I get an error (failed to mount....invalid argument). What to do? Should I hit rm forceencrypt into twrp or I do not know...Please help me get out of this situation...

I faced the same situation (MI8 SE) and I was forced to use TWRP forceencrypt feature in order to be able to reflash from my USB external stick.
This issue is to be investigated, but it's a mixed bag between the ROM and TWRP.
I don't see any practical solution to protect our data against a 'skilled' people in case of lost phone. Very simple/easy to delete fingerprint file with twrp file explorer. (needed on 2 mn or less)
SAD! When I think of people bringing their pay and bank access at every winds!

Sorry, what is clean or dirty flash? I wiped 4 Dalvik, cache, data & system before flash.
Try this...

Make a backup of you important items.
Flash fastboot official xiaomi ROM.
Check if everything works.
Then,
Install latest TWRP (TWRP.me)
Reboot to recovery
Clean Data, cache and dalvik. Not system...
Install xiaomi.eu ROM
If you get issues on apps after reboot,
Try clearing cache and dalvik again.
If still, clean sd card.

See if this helps.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Mi Max 3, Whats App Notification Bug.
Hello everyone. I have a problem with the Eu Weekly, Mi Max 3 and Whats App. The messages usually arrive without delay, but the notification sound is played late. Whats App has all permissions and is exempt from power saving. I have done a clean install the Eu Weekly. With the original Weekly Global Rome, I did not have this problem. I think it is a bug of the Eu Rom

Reactions: YewLeung
I'm facing a weird problem, i can't see 5ghz wifi connections, i've performed a clean install of the dev build using fastboot and then a clean install of this rom, the problem persists but in dev/global rom i can use 5ghz wifi.

My phone is a redmi note 5 (whyred).

Thank you.

GPS is bad on this build on my Mi 8. While driving, Google Maps thought I was on parallel streets and kept changing directions repeatedly.

Face unlock isn't working.

Changing any volume when in scheduled DND makes it not come out of DND at the set time.

Instagram is hanging, has to be force closed.

The picture-in-picture function does not work in the Redmi 5 Plus.

In theory it should work, since this ROM is based on Android Oreo 8.1.

We are not font designers...
Nobody has to design anything here. All that's necessary is to edit a line in some xml file somewhere. Possibly without the need of decompiling anything. I'm not familiar enough with MIUI to do it myself tho. The clock font is cancer. It looks amateurish as hell with that bold ****** font. If I'd be wrong, many more phone manufacturers would design like that, but they don't.
That's all.

Edit: Another reason I don't wanna edit that xml myself is that I'd need to do so every single time I flash. Or develop a magisk module for it, which I find completely unnecessary. So please just fix it. I'd really appreciate it.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Macko166
Hi, installed rom in xiaomi MI MAX, with 5x7 home screen layout the fonts of the icons are seen cut off
here are screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-15-07-51-14-696_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-15-07-51-14-696_com.miui.home.png
    959.4 KB · Views: 350
Nobody has to design anything here. All that's necessary is to edit a line in some xml file somewhere. Possibly without the need of decompiling anything. I'm not familiar enough with MIUI to do it myself tho. The clock font is cancer. It looks amateurish as hell with that bold ****** font. If I'd be wrong, many more phone manufacturers would design like that, but they don't.
That's all.

Edit: Another reason I don't wanna edit that xml myself is that I'd need to do so every single time I flash. Or develop a magisk module for it, which I find completely unnecessary. So please just fix it. I'd really appreciate it.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
Can't you just take another theme with a Font on the lockscreen, which looks better to you? Why do the rom developers have to change the standard theme? Doesn't make sense to me, sry...

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

FIFA Football 19 (mobile) does not work on Pocophone with Android 9.
Android 8.1 works well. When I turn on the game, I see a black screen and return to the menu.
Can anyone check on Pocophone with Android 9.

Reactions: adam871
FIFA Football 19 (mobile) does not work on Pocophone with Android 9.
Android 8.1 works well. When I turn on the game, I see a black screen and return to the menu.
Can anyone check on Pocophone with Android 9.
On android 8.1 works Perfectly, but on 9.0 but not working on my Mi8. Please Fix this.

Reactions: Nieciu
Sure, it's possible, just not for devices with AMOLED screens.

Thank you!! Then next time we will see an option on phone suspension, set to default

Is there a way to get full WiFi speed on MIUI? My Mi Max 2 can get full 56Mbps WiFi with AOSP ROMs but MIUI cut my WiFi speed to half (around 25Mbps). This has happened since forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.