Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is this wifi fix recommended to flash on all devices, or only "as needed"?

I have not had any problems so far, have noticed that the phone hotspots will now choose higher channels, e.g.161, than previously, but everything will connect.

It would be nice to know eventually exactly what has been changed wrt wifi, perhaps later on when the dust has settled

Curious if Xiaomi will be pushing out any updates to their EU-located routers related to this.
Still running an old Mi Mini router located to "Mainland China" so that the router app & Mi Home app will work.
I can imagine that there may eventually be a problem with that.

Is this wifi fix recommended to flash on all devices, or only "as needed"?

I have not had any problems so far, have noticed that the phone hotspots will now choose higher channels, e.g.161, than previously, but everything will connect.

It would be nice to know eventually exactly what has been changed wrt wifi, perhaps later on when the dust has settled

Curious if Xiaomi will be pushing out any updates to their EU-located routers related to this.
Still running an old Mi Mini router located to "Mainland China" so that the router app & Mi Home app will work.
I can imagine that there may eventually be a problem with that.
It's safe to flash for everybody in the EU region. Next release Wi-Fi should be fine for everybody.

@Igor Eisberg,

Adaptive Battery is an Android 9 Pie feature,
I have checked both battery settings and security and I cant seem to find it :\
(Mi Max 3)

Could you please explain the new feature please and who got it?

Thanks and have a great day!
Omer

@Igor Eisberg,

Adaptive Battery is an Android 9 Pie feature,
I have checked both battery settings and security and I cant seem to find it :\
(Mi Max 3)

Could you please explain the new feature please and who got it?

Thanks and have a great day!
Omer
This is an official changelog, so you should ask those questions on the official MIUI forum.
We don't own all devices and have no idea which device got the feature, if any.

i only see here whining.

If you all have problems go to stock China stable or dev or go to global stable or global dev. There you may don't have problems. Every Friday same people whining.

10 persons same problem then 2-3 persons say there is no problem. Don't know if there is kids flashing with 0 experience on anything about this so there they have problems.

Reactions: Schumi_wk
It's safe to flash for everybody in the EU region. Next release Wi-Fi should be fine for everybody.

I got an "Error 7" flashing the wifi fix zip in my Max1 Prime helium.

Now I edited build.prop manually instead, and changed the wifi region from 'RU' to 'GB'.
Just wanted to see if I notice any difference.

I have Nijel8s latest TWRP v323-4, which has always worked flawlessly.

Mi Max 3 ,

- bluethooth not good
- phone call do not work even with coverage need reboot to work
- battery life is good

- Mobile data is good
- for now no reboot

last version was better..

Good afternoon guys and MERRY CHRISTMAS, I just purchased an MI8 SE, and I installed the developer version.
For my misfortune again I have the same problem that I had with my old Mi Note Pro, and that is 5-6 days the rotation stops working. Restart and it works again, but it makes me angry that I always do it every week.
Any final solution? Is it a general failure of the ROMS xiaomi.eu?
THANKS community.

Anyone update the mi8 from 8.8 30? Is dirty flash is ok and do not clean all the data?

I am sorry I have been asking this question for the 5th time in every release by now.
Can I flash this rom over 8.10.18 weekly rom without losing previous apps/data? I have Mi Max 3.
Thanks

I am sorry I have been asking this question for the 5th time in every release by now.
Can I flash this rom over 8.10.18 weekly rom without losing previous apps/data? I have Mi Max 3.
Thanks
I think you can only if you stay on the same android version. If you came from 8.1 and you're going to 9 you can't.

Inviato dal mio MI 8 SE utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: RayJayKay
Hi all, for those who are still having battery drain issue, please perform factory reset once. Please consider to back up your stuff before reset.
I did it yesterday, now my battery drain back to normal. Android system no longer at the top list in battery consumption.
Screenshot_2018-12-26-13-49-43-758_com.miui.securitycenter.png
Screenshot_2018-12-26-13-51-32-990_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Reactions: Don415
Status
Not open for further replies.