Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my MI 8 (dipper), when I open the Messaging app, it shows only number for the contact instead of the name. When I click on any message, the name shows up. Sometimes, the names show up when you open the app but later changes to only number. I have selected to add +1 country code (US) as well.

I am pretty sure it's a bug.

Anyone experienced the same issue? I am going back to Textra where no such issue exists.
Known offocial MIUI issue.
Open below bug report on PC, sign in with Mi account and click on confirm button. On phone need to be switched to PC mode first in browser and then tap on confirm button:

http://en.miui.com/thread-5025877-1-1.html

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Known offocial MIUI issue.
Thank you for the quick response. I confirmed the issue on the MIUI site.

You would think that contact names is such a basic feature that the Chinese brethren would test it before releasing the product. I was always using Textra or Google Messages so far and thought of giving Messaging app a try and I guess I will have to wait some more time for them to fix it.

On my MI 8 (dipper), when I open the Messaging app, it shows only number for the contact instead of the name. When I click on any message, the name shows up. Sometimes, the names show up when you open the app but later changes to only number. I have selected to add +1 country code (US) as well.

Anyone experienced the same issue? I am going back to Textra where no such issue exists.
I have the same bug ! thx for report

Same here for a while.

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Though Magisk can be installed on mine mi5s plus, however, afterwards the device is in the boot loop. Root is not possible thus. Has tried out all known tricks without occur. Do you still have an idea?

Guys, I'm on stable 10.1 on a redmi note 4x but would like to try this weekly. Can I format data for a clean install? And if I decide to revert to stable can I use the same process by formatting data?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4X através do Tapatalk

I can not update anything after update 8.11.1. Because my twrp has been removed. Here in the topic you have links to install. Only I am not handy and I do not understand. Can you help me through team viewer? I can possibly pay you.
After 8.11.1, we got Android 9 rom for mi 8 se. So we have to re-install newer TWRP recovery that is compatible with Android 9. You can find it here.

Can you include some most used gapps in Eu Rom, I tried to download the zip from Open Gapps website, but always receving a error 70 for insufficient space. I know I can download most apps from Play, but I feel some apps like Map does not work as good as the Rom Built-in ones.

They still appear because the Telegram app deletes its own notification channels and recreates them, which is a dirty behavior that overrides the user's control over the notifications. All you can do is to leave them a bad review on Play Store and ask them to remove this behavior.

Thanks I've sent an email to support explaining the problem.

how can i change the language of google map and google photo? i have set the mi8 language to Chinese but these two apps still show in English?

Status
Not open for further replies.