Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have this problem when upgrading to 8.2.8 so be aware (or not... Could be only for me)
ad7041a23f38e41096321d6afa7e23bb.jpg

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
Change theme.

Just root your phone and install force doze. Your standby drain will be awesome, mine is. Force doze has whitelist for whatsapp, etc.
Didn't help overnight drain here, at all. Have no drain during the day. Use DND overnight, will try flight mode, unless I flash MiuiPro already today. :)

Is anyone else having problems with using NFC payments after the update to Oreo? I have a Mix 2 which had no problems with paying using my bank's mobile app prior to the update, but since updating to Oreo it no longer works.
When I tap my phone on a card terminal, it seems to detect the phone's NFC chip, but it is not recognizing the 'card' (HCE). This results in the terminal removing the contactless payment option and requests for the card to be inserted or swiped instead.

Has anyone come across this behavior and/or know how to fix it?
I have same problem. I tested bank's mobile app with global stable (android 7.1.1) and it function right. With this oreo eu-rom it not function.

Tested. Contactless payment works fine here with Oreo.

Try/check the following:

1. Switch to Embedded secure element and switch back to HCE wallet
2. Tap & Pay > Payment default: must be selected banking contacless payment mobile app what you use
3. Tap & Pay > Use default: must be selected "Always"
4. Enable autostart for your contacless payment mobile app
5. Enable all permission for your contacless payment mobile app
6. Choose "no restriction" in battery saver options for your contacless payment mobile app
I will try this out and I'll tell you what happened.
Phone is Mix 2

Last edited:
Read O.P (second post)
No update until 3.2.18

Well I thought it accords to the news from official xiaomi forum about update 8.3.2, so I thoght 8.2.8 on xiaomi.eu might come earlier as far there is version 8.2.8 out so there is already something to work with

Same happened to me. Still unsolved. Tried every possible solution, including switching to locked global stable. Even worse, it shows different bck sizes across different screens.

Edit:
I solved it now, the delete command worked like a charm. What did I do? Completely disabled cloud bck for the device in every possible way, waited months, tried again. Boom. I don't think it's supposed to work this way.
1efb164123cd54fbb3bbf775b818d536.jpg

Work. Thank you

Worth mentioning: Mi Browser is updated to a new layout and a way better HTML5 support (html5test.com) scores went up from 432 to 492 on HM4X.
Also no need to clear data after visiting some sites e.g. NU.NL.
Great work!

Worth mentioning: Mi Browser is updated to a new layout and a way better HTML5 support (html5test.com) scores went up from 432 to 492 on HM4X.
Also no need to clear data after visiting some sites e.g. NU.NL.
Great work!
Why would anyone use Mi Browser is still beyond me.

At least those caught in the Google ecosystem. Chrome imports your passwords, browsing history and all.

Wish we had a proper dialer instead, like Google Phone, inistead it doesn't save call history even on weekly Oreo builds.

Hello,

At the begging, when I used Tandem I had the led notification,

Suddenly, it stopped to work and I don't receive Led notification of Tandem.

Do you have an idea?

Thank you

Envoyé de mon MIX 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Why would anyone use Mi Browser is still beyond me.

At least those caught in the Google ecosystem. Chrome imports your passwords, browsing history and all.

Wish we had a proper dialer instead, like Google Phone, inistead it doesn't save call history even on weekly Oreo builds.
This is THE exact reason. I don't need my browser history and I can remember my passwords. Also giving that data away (to Google and others), I don't like.

This is THE exact reason. I don't need my browser history and I can remember my passwords. Also giving that data away (to Google and others), I don't like.
And that's why I explicitly mentioned Google.

They already got all they can from me, as a GMail user since the beta stage in the early 2000's. I don't much care since I don't do sensitive stuff on Googe services, be it Gmail or anything else, but that's weering into the wrong direction, namely anonimity, where it's applicable, privacy and other boring topics.

I'm not arguing your point since it's pretty much self-evident; just wondering how many of Mi6 users actually went with the Xiaomi Browser out of necessity/concern for Google's all-seeing-eyes, rather than "look, there's a browser bundled".

My point was, Google Chrome is a better browser, overall. With the caveat that you're aware of the possible consequences.

To each their own I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.