Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On an entirely another hand, the question I've been unable to find the answer to.

Why is the supposedly unstable, weekly release is based on MIUI 8.x while them stable releases are 9.x?

I mean, for all intents and purposes it should be the other way around, shouldn't it?

Revert to previous build and is fine :)
a148f697b79cb2041375ae07d54aa2dc.jpg

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
What theme are?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4X mediante Tapatalk

Can I actually clean flash with fastboot method this rom? If so, Do I use the same .zip that I use with TWRP? My gps stopped working after changing gps.conf and I need to clean flash the rom so I can try getting it to work again :/

Can I actually clean flash with fastboot method this rom? If so, Do I use the same .zip that I use with TWRP? My gps stopped working after changing gps.conf and I need to clean flash the rom so I can try getting it to work again :/
Yes you can.

There are definitely two current branches of MIUI: 8.x and 9.x. 9.x being supposedly the latest, seeing as how next in line is MIUI 10.x (https://www.gizmochina.com/2018/02/...st-leaked-find-xiaomi-phones-wont-get-miui-x/).

What's the year's got to do with that?

Lookg at the timetable at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIUI

The 9.x branch is, logically, the latest.

I admit it is easy to become confused, and that's happened to you... Xiaomi follows two naming conventions: one for stable ROMs, one for beta/developer ROMs. Stable ROM names start with the MIUI version, currently 9 - so, you get versions 9.2, 9.3 etc. On the other hand, beta ROMs are named by release date, not version. The first number is year, the second is month, the third is day. So, the latest one right now is 8.2.1 (2018, February 1st), while the one before that was 8.1.25, and the one before that was 8.1.18. The next will come in March, and will most probably be named 8.3.2 or so. So, the "8" in these names stands for 2018, not for MIUI 8. In other words, 8.2.1 is the latest incarnation of MIUI 9.3.

Why not restore the original gps.conf?

1. Super lag (this issue happen about 30% of using time)
2. Cannot use Back Gesture (full display mode) when editing photo.

28052777_1832533910092708_7689295_n.png

There are definitely two current branches of MIUI: 8.x and 9.x. 9.x being supposedly the latest, seeing as how next in line is MIUI 10.x (https://www.gizmochina.com/2018/02/...st-leaked-find-xiaomi-phones-wont-get-miui-x/).
What's the year's got to do with that?
Lookg at the timetable at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIUI
The 9.x branch is, logically, the latest.
You didn't get it right about the MIUI versions. In addition what @frofa told you here is an explaining link:
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=348591&highlight=miui+versions

Reactions: frason
Hi. I have a redmi note 4 global. This last update is working fine. But sometimes the led notification doesn't work on Whatsapp (it usually works fine, but sometimes fails in blinking). On update 8.1.25 V1 (not V2, but the first one), the led worked always fine for me on whatsapp. The problems started on V2. I made a fully clean flash of this latest update 8.2.1.
Much worse are the issues with led notification on whatsapp on the last stable update. I hope this little issue will be solved on next update. Thank you very much for your work.

Hello, I have a serious problem in my Xiaomi MI5s Plus, every time I upload a ROM higher than NBGMIEI, on the phone Still NONE Network, does not detect my SIM card and range, did anyone have such a problem, knows how to solve it?
Please reply.

I've had the same problem, no signal and doesn't detect my sim card after updating. Have not been able to get any response or advice from @ingbrzy or anybody else about the issue for weeks. :( Here was my process:

Overall problem, no sim detected!

Device: Mi Note 2, using on t-mobile network.

I flashed the latest weekly a couple weeks back (7.12.21), coming from 7.8.31, should have been a simple update. I cleared cache and dalvik and it rebooted just fine but does not detect sim card slot 1, and when my sim card is moved to slot 2, phone gets shows bars but not calling or sms abilities, and no data. It also does not register under sim settings as having a sim card despite it having bars. And yes I left the phone alone and waited plenty of time to see if it would reach signal.

So I go back to recovery and this time wipe data, cache, and dalvik. And reboot phone only to find it says no IMEI found, and sim cards are still not being detected.

So I go back to recovery and restore EFS from my previous rom backup (version 7.8.31) and no effect, same as before.

So I go back to recovery and restore my FIRMWARE and EFS from my previous rom backup (version 7.8.31) and my IMEI is back but no sim cards detected

So I go back to recovery and restore complete rom backup version 7.8.31, and everything works fine again.

So I go back to recovery and install the newest stable rom, cleared cache and dalvik, and reboot, and I get process.acore has stopped errors repeatedly and sim cards are still not being detected.

So I go back to recovery and restore complete rom backup from version 7.8.31, and everything works fine again.

This has been the case with 7.12.21, 7.12.14, and 7.12.7, and I'm pretty certain without some advice it will be the case for 8.2.1 as well.

Please help I just want to keep up with your beautiful updates!

Why not restore the original gps.conf?
Because I literally tried everything to fix gps, went from 9.1.2 with a 4-5 min of time waiting to get locked in gps with some
satellites, to the 9.2.1 with buggy notifications popup and when I came back to the 9.1.2 the gps is not working, even if i wait for 10 min searching, and the notification stacking is working but its messing up with other notification apps that i use (notifly for example, and the app takes every message as a separated conversation) So I ended up wanting for a clean repair/flash and pray for all these things to work again

PD: I tried a lot of different gps.conf even the "official" one that i found in a post in the miui forum from a rep member, and no one worked. Hope its not a hardware problem because it was working before I started touching the conf file to make it work better

PD2: I just restored system and boot from a backup I had from where gps worked and its working now, but mi apps are crashing so i guess ill have to save this gps.conf and use it in a clean flashed version :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Soebianto
Because I literally tried everything to fix gps, went from 9.1.2 with a 4-5 min of time waiting to get locked in gps with some
satellites, to the 9.2.1 with buggy notifications popup and when I came back to the 9.1.2 the gps is not working, even if i wait for 10 min searching, and the notification stacking is working but its messing up with other notification apps that i use (notifly for example, and the app takes every message as a separated conversation) So I ended up wanting for a clean repair/flash and pray for all these things to work again

PD: I tried a lot of different gps.conf even the "official" one that i found in a post in the miui forum from a rep member, and no one worked. Hope its not a hardware problem because it was working before I started touching the conf file to make it work better

PD2: I just restored system and boot from a backup I had from where gps worked and its working now, but mi apps are crashing so i guess ill have to save this gps.conf and use it in a clean flashed version :/
Ok you have written many sentences about gps.conf.Why will you just ask users who having your type of phones if there's a problem with gps then write bug report if there isn't then a problem you make yourself.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi friends, I love xiaomi.eu, but always have problems with my mobile network using a name, and my mobile signal constantly drops, something that is not a global version, a solution for my case. I live in Brazil, South America.

Please!!! Reply

Last edited:
Ok you have written many sentences about gps.conf.Why will you just ask users who having your type of phones if there's a problem with gps then write bug report if there isn't a problem you make yourself.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Because I had both gps and notification problems since the update? Dont kick me from this thread since there are other people talking about not even related things and no one cares. At least Im asking for a problem in this version of the rom

Music player list doesn't play the music file I tapped. Instead it plays the one file above in the list.

Tested. Contactless payment works fine here with Oreo.

Try/check the following:

1. Switch to Embedded secure element and switch back to HCE wallet
2. Tap & Pay > Payment default: must be selected banking contacless payment mobile app what you use
3. Tap & Pay > Use default: must be selected "Always"
4. Enable autostart for your contacless payment mobile app
5. Enable all permission for your contacless payment mobile app
6. Choose "no restriction" in battery saver options for your contacless payment mobile app
Miracle has happend. Now nfc payment works. I am not sure, but i think that nro 1 was answer because all else situations had been checked before

Do I need to wipe System and reflash the rom to have it completely working with no issues? I don't have any issues but am just wondering if we need to wipe also System once every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.