Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I confirm this bug for MI5. I will tell you more: this bug varies between phones. I have a white one, manufactured 10.2016, and my sister has the gold one. The thing is, I have no problems at all, but she indeed has lost all sensors after update to oreo. And I have that calibration on test 9, she don't. She also does not have tests for accelerometer, pressure, gyroscope or light sensors. please help.
That's really weird ;</
I just tried to clean reinstall and this time without magisk which user here said magisk v16 isnt good..
Still no option and all sensors are dead -_-

Hi.

Everyonce in a while, this notification shows up... about the microSD card inserted along with SIM card, which is becoming a little annoying.

it says:
"touch to open in the file manager"

Any suggestions?

device: Redmi5 Plus
ROM release: 8.3.8
Hi.

Everyonce in a while, this notification shows up... about the microSD card inserted along with SIM card, which is becoming a little annoying.

it says:
"touch to open in the file manager"

Any suggestions?

device: Redmi5 Plus
ROM release: 8.3.8
It didn't happen to me since quite a long time, but after this last update the issue has reappeared... Next time it shows up to you, go to the file manager and extract it, and then insert it again (not physically, but just using file manager). If the problem persists, perhaps you (we) will have to format the sd. So far the issue hasn't showed up to me anymore, since I extracted and inserted it again.

Play Store and Download app dont work in Mi5 with 8.0, PlayStore not open, Download app open but doesnt work

Play Store and Download app dont work in Mi5 with 8.0, PlayStore not open, Download app open but doesnt work
Works fine here. Individual issues caused by dirty upgrade from Nougat to Oreo

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: josito801
Hello, however i already created a bug https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-3-1-entering-tts-output-crashes-settings.43521/ let me ask anyone here who did a clean install of a fresh weekly ROM, does everything go well with using TTS?
What happens if you go to the "Settings / Additional settings / Language & input / Text to speech output" after installed a TTS engine (eg. Google TTS )? Another path to check it out: "Settings / Additional settings / Accessibility / Text to speech output".

my phone is a Redmi 3 Pro (ido) on MIUI 9.3 / 8.3.8
It works for me also listen to an example:
40c4d520c950a7417030f593b2d12529.jpg

Reactions: nlacsoft
I still have this annoying bug with airplane mode. I use automated tasks - at night I set it to turn on airplane mode and turn it back off in morning. But sometimes after that wifi doesn't turn on and I can't turn it on manually. So have to do a reboot and then it works ok. I've been having this issue since January releases. Mi Mix 2

Reactions: Robert Pfeilmayer
Does anyone know what is "Authorization & Revocation"?
Path = settings> additional settings > Authorization & Revocation

What is your recommendation for this setting? Clear it all?

Screenshot_2018_03_10_20_10_37_083_com_android_settings.png

IMG_20180310_201733.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is "Authorization & Revocation"?
Path = settings> additional settings > Authorization & Revocation

What is your recommendation for this setting? Clear it all?

Screenshot_2018_03_10_20_10_37_083_com_android_settings.png
Enable all.

Revoke authorization means see on below screenshot:

Anyway apps work in both case (enabled/disabled)

0252ecad656276b0148cd945af21fdd8.jpg

Reactions: Soebianto
Enable all.

Revoke authorization means see on below screenshot:

Anyway apps work in both case (enabled/disabled)

0252ecad656276b0148cd945af21fdd8.jpg

So it's safe to disable the data collections since the app still works, right?

Yep tested with weather and mivideo apps

Great, thanks for the info, I'll try revoking some non essential apps like weather, video, feedbacks, download, updater (I always upgrade via TWRP).

Edit : revoke all authorization except Security (cleaner refuse to run without authorization), no problem so far...mi account syncing still working..

Last edited:
I get this with Mix 2 and 8.3.1, 8.3.8 and 9.5.2.0.
Tried to reinstall and install chrome and Webview with apk, but didn't help.
Anyone an idea? @ingbrzy ?

Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void miui.content.res.ThemeResourcesSystem.mergeThemeValues(java.lang.String, miui.content.res.ThemeValues)' on a null object reference
    at miui.content.res.ThemeResourcesPackage.mergeThemeValues(Unknown Source:8)
    at android.content.res.MiuiResourcesImpl.loadValues(Unknown Source:18)
    at android.content.res.MiuiResourcesImpl.loadOverlayTypedArray(Unknown Source:6)
    at android.content.res.MiuiResources.loadOverlayTypedArray(Unknown Source:6)
    at android.content.res.Resources.obtainTypedArray(Unknown Source:63)
    at android.content.res.Resources.preloadFonts(Unknown Source:0)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(Unknown Source:1148)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap1(Unknown Source:0)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:502)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:21)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:139)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:71)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
    at com.android.internal.os.WebViewZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:67)

In lockscreen options, "require password" option was dissapeared. I need it to disable lockscreen but keep app lock with fingerprint

With last update something went wrong. When i try to activate camera2api support i have this error on camera launch. Tried some app like proshot and open camera. Same problem.
Here is the log error.
IMG-20180310-WA0005.jpg
Another bug when i try to upload a picture online in this forum i see this error.
IMG-20180310-WA0006.jpg

Xiaomi Mi6 with MIUI 9.6 Android 8.0
Thanks for support

One of the best rom ever used but so far noticed following problems
1. Proximity sensor not working
2. Cell standby battery drain (almost half of the battery drained by cell standy even though I am having very strong signal.

Out of these two the rom is running very stable. Thanks

Do you know difference between android 7.0 and 8.0? Any beta tester confirm about clean install if you want not agree with me.

Uncle 9.5 is not Android 8, do not call me imbecile because he read dude.

Versions 9.2 were Android 7 and 9.5 the same so I do not understand the problem.

Whatever you say, you should have warned him, do not tell me about movies, dude.

I have modified roms since android 3, and I know perfectly that the full wipe should be done with an android base change but here there is no change of base android is but are minimal changes

dirty flashed oreo on my mi5, not so smooth but good overall, no major issues.

...but i have a problem (from some rom versions ago): remote app doesn't show my remotes anymore, and if i try to connect to mi account from inside the app, i get a message "can't get info on account", so i can't login. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.