Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mi MIX 2 users:
did your WLAN tethering work?
can enable it, other wireless devices can connect to but not use this connection (it seems no data is transferred)
WLAN Tethering works fine on Mi Mix 2, [128/6GB] with latest weekly xiaomi.eu ROM (8.3.8).

Hi! I have Redmi Note 4 global (mido), and in my Laptop I have Windows 8.1. Is it normal that when I connect my xiaomi to the Laptop via usb, the notification "safely remove hardware" doesn't show up"? If I connect for instance an usb stick, the notification always shows up. Thanks.
AFAIK if the device is recognized as a MTP-Device, there is no need for "safe remove"

Reactions: Jesús.
AFAIK if the device is recognized as a MTP-Device, there is no need for "safe remove"
OK. But when it is just in charge mode the notification does not show up either. Is it then normal as well? Thanks.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4X mediante Tapatalk

Proximity Sensor Bug in mi 5.
Screen doesnt turn black when playing audios on WhatsApp or answering phone calles.
sensor calibration use normally, but sometime proximity sensor is reset to bug (range 0.00) please check
Mi5

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reinstalled the 8.3.8 on my redmi 4x and face unlock os shown again but after configuration it desapear

Enviado do meu Redmi 4X através do Tapatalk

Several issues on my mi5 with oreo rom.

Proximity sensor fail after reboot. Have to calibrate every time.

App themes does not work.

Battery life decreased a lot.

Enviado do meu MI 5 através do Tapatalk

Hi. Redmi Pro (omega) here. I've installed the latest weekly and my phone freezes and reboots every few minutes, heats up and drains the battery too fast. I've installed it over the previous one without wiping anything (I only cleared the cache). Any other omega users out there? Should I do a factory reset to see if it will fix the issues? I'm hesitating because I'd have to re-install apps again.

I don't know the reason either, but it is happening again to me on my Redmi Note 4 global (mido). One thing you can try (I did it some time ago and for a long time the message didn't show up) is to format the sd, but this time from the phone itself, not with the pc. Then put your stuff again inside the card, but without removing it from the phone. What I am trying now (probably useless, but I don't have any more ideas) is going to the explorer application of the phone, and once there, select internal storage instead of sd. If it doen't work, I will format sd using the storage settings of the phone and put inside again my music and other stuff inside the phone again, but without removing the card. Let's hope someday someone can tell us the reason for this stupid issue.

Thanks Jesus for your 'workaround' about this.

I did what you said... and after almost 48h of doing it... surprise!!! the notification shows up. But this time is even worse because it says the SD card can not be read because is corrupt. :mad::eek:

My gosh...this is insane.

I 've replaced the SD card with another one... now I'll have to wait for another 48h to see what happens.

I'll post in 2 days the next chapter of this "novel"...o_O

Just installed Rom 8.3.8 on my Mi 5 and so far so good. There is nothing but a slightly battery drain a bit faster than usual.

Mi max pro, battery draining fast.
Before it was like 50 % in 8 hours, and now it's 100 to 0% in 7 hours.

Poslano sa mog MI MAX koristeći Tapatalk

Hi. Redmi Pro (omega) here. I've installed the latest weekly and my phone freezes and reboots every few minutes, heats up and drains the battery too fast. I've installed it over the previous one without wiping anything (I only cleared the cache). Any other omega users out there? Should I do a factory reset to see if it will fix the issues? I'm hesitating because I'd have to re-install apps again.
Am I the only one with omega?
I'm considering clean installing the latest stable instead. Anyone having experience on that?

Thanks Jesus for your 'workaround' about this.

I did what you said... and after almost 48h of doing it... surprise!!! the notification shows up. But this time is even worse because it says the SD card can not be read because is corrupt. :mad::eek:

My gosh...this is insane.

I 've replaced the SD card with another one... now I'll have to wait for another 48h to see what happens.

I'll post in 2 days the next chapter of this "novel"...o_O
Hi! Sorry to read that. The problem is not with our sd cards, but with miui. I am sure. My card works perfectly, both on my Xiaomi (in spite of that stupid notification) and on other devices(mobiles, music players, etc...). And the same happens to other guys who post here the same notification issue. Another issue is with notification's led in whatsapp. But that's another story, I am not sure if it's because of miui, or because of Whatsapp itself (just read on Google Play all the complains about the app and its notifications. It might be a problem between Whatsapp and Nougat).
Yesterday I formatted my sd using the phone. So far the notification has not shown up again. But it is still too soon. I think it will show up again just whenever it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.