Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also using it as daily driver but I had made an comprise and a deal that I will have some issues. Most of the people here (and also in xda) don't know what the are doing. Someone or in some forum told them that is awesome to have the latest version bla bla and now they are only crying without put any value on the dev. Only frustration. It will not be strange one day the devs will say "leaving because other commitments etc" because they tired us

I agree - installing a beta is to help developers finding and fixing bugs. It is NOT for bragging that we have the newest, latest, greatest ROM. I have been developing software for 30+ years, and I know frustration you talk about. Users should be aware of what they do - and live with the consequences of their decisions. In earlier times, it was normal to give betas only to dedicated people in a "beta program", who were willing and qualified to aid in development. Now we have the policy of "open beta", but it is being abused by users with a mindset that they deserve a bug-free software, always and everywhere.

Maybe I'm just missing something but couldn't find any answer. I can't seem to get the notification LED working for Gmail since I updated my Mi 5 to Oreo (8.4.12), when the device is locked, obviously. Works for Messenger though. Seems to be just Gmail.
The bug seems to be related to this settings panel, opened from Gmail's "Manage notifications" settings panel. I enable the "Blink light", but when I go back to this screen, it's still disabled. Faced anything like that?
https://i.imgur.com/DWwunDO.png

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just missing something but couldn't find any answer. I can't seem to get the notification LED working for Gmail since I updated my Mi 5 to Oreo (8.4.12), when the device is locked, obviously. Works for Messenger though. Seems to be just Gmail.
The bug seems to be related to this settings panel, opened from Gmail's "Manage notifications" settings panel. I enable the "Blink light", but when I go back to this screen, it's still disabled. Faced anything like that?
https://i.imgur.com/DWwunDO.png
Yep known issue

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I am using rm5+ 4/64 at weekly 8.4.19.
I had bug with app fb when i wereat 8.4.9, i think when i update to new, they have not but no.
Anybody like me !?
Plz see my screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-23-16-13-31-512_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-23-16-13-31-512_com.miui.home.png
    355.6 KB · Views: 424
I guess I will stay on stable, even if the face unlock feature tentes me to install this beta version...
I really appreciate the work of developers and I thanks them for te work they do...
Only a question about audio on headphones .. For those who are on stable like me, as it really changed? From the official rom, from the eu rom? The only noticeable difference is on poweramp...
Thanks.

Been a long time not following the update of this ROM, I see in the table that Mi 5 Android version is 8, is that true that this ROM is already based on OREO ?

Every MI5 users with Oreo have this issue

I investigated the issue with that "Blink light" setting. Guess what? Xiaomi completely removed the handling of this setting. It's there, but it does absolutely nothing.
If you look here:
https://github.com/aosp-mirror/plat...notification/ChannelNotificationSettings.java
And look for "private void setupLights()". MIUI's Settings.apk doesn't even have that method. I'll re-implement it now and let you know if this gets fixed.

P.S. Another one of MIUI's idiocies: "private void setupVibrate()" method exists, but it's blank. Absolutely useless. Which is why the "Vibrate" setting that you can see in the screenshot I posted also doesn't do anything.

I investigated the issue with that "Blink light" setting. Guess what? Xiaomi completely removed the handling of this setting. It's there, but it does absolutely nothing.
If you look here:
https://github.com/aosp-mirror/plat...notification/ChannelNotificationSettings.java
And look for "private void setupLights()". MIUI's Settings.apk doesn't even have that method. I'll re-implement it now and let you know if this gets fixed.

P.S. Another one of MIUI's idiocies: "private void setupVibrate()" method exists, but it's blank. Absolutely useless. Which is why the "Vibrate" setting that you can see in the screenshot I posted also doesn't do anything.
Yep vibrate same case, you can enable it but no effect as it gets disabled automatically after exiting menu

Hint:

is missing:
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data f2fs nosuid,nodev,noatime,inline_xattr wait,encryptable=footer,check

available:
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data ext4 nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,noauto_da_alloc wait,encryptable=footer,check

fstab.qcom
f2fs & ext4

Oreo Mi Mix - miui_MIMIXGlobal_8.4.19_0114578e8e_8.0
otherwise the data partition will be encrypted again and again

Allready working a year with weekly roms on capricorn.
Little bugs don't annoy me.
Only now since i went to 8.4 i have bluetooth troubles. Calls work, sounds work but music doesn't play in any music app

Flash on Mi Note 3, no problem at moment, with dirty flash only with wipe of dalvik cache.
At the moment only the batery litle drain. Went sleep with 94% and wake up wiht 88% of batery (with wifi and gps on).

Good work Xiaomi.Eu

Hi,

I have santoni. No update this week, no problem.
But I'm still with 8.3.29. OTA notification says I cab download the 8.4.12, but it's always aborting, because of bad md5...

markw bricked after update :/

Failure PopUp:
>>Prozess "system" reagiert nicht. Möchten Sie ihn beenden? <<
Touch and Buttons not working.

Flashing 8.4.12 did not help. Same Issue.

Anyone experience in this behaviour?

Hi,

I have santoni. No update this week, no problem.
But I'm still with 8.3.29. OTA notification says I cab download the 8.4.12, but it's always aborting, because of bad md5...
MD5 error comes up if your phone is rooted.

Unroot your device and try again.
Alternatively, you can flash again the same MIUI version you are running, then go straight for the OTA right after first boot

Yep vibrate same case, you can enable it but no effect as it gets disabled automatically after exiting menu
Fixed both Vibrate and Blink light preferences, and "Blink light" for Gmail shows as enabled even before I clicked it, which means "Blink light" is enabled by default for Gmail, and yet the LED doesn't work. Same for vibration (enabling it there makes no difference, it will remain enabled but it won't vibrate).
The bug is somewhere else. MIUI handles LED and vibration differently, hence the disabled preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.