Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, a general question, why user do not use the MIUI Updater?
I use it since several month without any problems on my Redmi Pro 3 Omega.
For the latest update from MIUI 9 to 10 I had to download *.zip manually and update from download directory.
No problems and I keep all my data and settings.

Cheers, mib
Speaking for myself: Manual download is available earlier than OTA.

Why can not I install MX player on Miui 10? At 9 I could have and all other apps can do now on 10. Does anyone have a similar experience on MI5?

Android 7.1.2:Settings -> Sound & vibration -> Message and notification (Only one sound)
What device are we talking about, and are you even using a Xiaomi.eu ROM, or is it Global ROM?

Oh God, I feel so dumb now. It isn't very obvious from that screen though.
That's how Android Oreo notifications work even on stock Android...
https://www.androidcentral.com/site...ges/2017/06/youtube-notification-channels.jpg

Missing comma in data usage screen on Mi MIX 2
This is an official MIUI bug, but we solved it for the next release. You should still report it on the official MIUI forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: KcNirvana
I'm currently on MIUI 9.6, 8.4.26, Redmi Note 4X (mido), do i need to wipe my entire data or just update the zip through twrp without losing any data and apps installed? thanks
I have the same Redmi Note4x. I did not wipe or format. Just installed. No problem installing in a few minutes. A few (little?) bugs.
Gallery won't start, Messages reports some errors, GPS stops working after about an hour. But I do not think that these have anything to do with the way I installed the ROM.

hy people,

i have flashed my mimix2 for the first time with the current weekly rom, it works very fine.
My question, the stable version is that also an .eu version or a global version?

The only reason why i took the .eu rom is the face unlock tool, is that tool on the stable version available?

thanks for help

Reactions: ateogrillo
What device are we talking about, and are you even using a Xiaomi.eu ROM, or is it Global ROM?

That's how Android Oreo notifications work even on stock Android...
https://www.androidcentral.com/site...ges/2017/06/youtube-notification-channels.jpg

This is an official MIUI bug, but we solved it for the next release. You should still report it on the official MIUI forums.
Not Official Miui Bug, They use dont and dots show. Many countries use a comma not dots and this is reason. In English language is ok, even on Xiaomi.eu roms.
In China Miui is ok in China lang and English.
I use xiaomi.eu and china and in english language is ok.

I have the same Redmi Note4x. I did not wipe or format. Just installed. No problem installing in a few minutes. A few (little?) bugs.
Gallery won't start, Messages reports some errors, GPS stops working after about an hour. But I do not think that these have anything to do with the way I installed the ROM.
post logs of both FC...

Not Official Miui Bug, They use dont and dots show. Many countries use a comma not dots and this is reason. In English language is ok, even on Xiaomi.eu roms.
In China Miui is ok in China lang and English.
I use xiaomi.eu and china and in english language is ok.
The font Xiaomi used there is missing a comma character, which for Europe users will be a problem. Which means it is an official bug. If you don't like it, use a language that uses a dot, or wait for the next release where we added the comma character ourselves.
Is quick snap going to return or has it been gone for good?
Quick snap is returning, at least on our ROM.

The font Xiaomi used there is missing a comma character, which for Europe users will be a problem. Which means it is an official bug. If you don't like it, use a language that uses a dot, or wait for the next release where we added the comma character ourselves.

Quick snap is returning, at least on our ROM.
Thank you igor, i find it to be very useful for taking pictures of wild animals with quick snap you can take 3 pictures of it and hope that one is fine, but unlocking the phone almost always results in the animal getting away .
Also I have already reported laggy and very slow camera bug in this thread and in the phone report app(mi6x()
Again thank you

Still have bug - Mi8 - sometimes bluetooth turns off by itself and there is no way to turn it on - other than reboot the phone.

To break all the "hey are there any links, blah blah is so slow" issues. I just want to tell you that EU 8.7.26 is working perfectly on Redmi 4x (santoni). Everything works perfectly. No issues found. Kudos to all EU Developers.

Questions, I hope I get answers:
1. Why can't I find "Fullscreen Feature" on santoni?
2. Using miui music widget, once I tap play, my Spotify app opens instead of the miui music. Is this normal?
3. Multiple LED lights not working, only white led. But it's ok. I just want to point it out.
4. Magisk gone after updating. But I flashed 16.0 again, works fine.

Thank you. More power.

post logs of both FC...
For the App Messages I am able to get an error report . Gallery Just flashes by so fast and disappeares so fast that I am not able tot het any kind of report.
For GPS In only van der it at the moment that my navigation App tells me there is no GPS signal. Closing and opening IT and it will work again.

But most of all: I really admire and appreciate all the work and effort you and your team-collegues put into making these ROMs possible. It is so easy just to complain. Saying OK, Great Job or things like that seems to be difficult.
Being a retired CIO of an organisation with over 4000 people I know. So thanks again!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-31-13-28-40-595_com.miui.bugreport.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-31-13-28-40-595_com.miui.bugreport.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
To break all the "hey are there any links, blah blah is so slow" issues. I just want to tell you that EU 8.7.26 is working perfectly on Redmi 4x (santoni). Everything works perfectly. No issues found. Kudos to all EU Developers.

2. Using miui music widget, once I tap play, my Spotify app opens instead of the miui music. Is this normal?
3. Multiple LED lights not working, only white led. But it's ok. I just want to point it out.

Thank you. More power.
Why can you find fullscreen gestures if your device hasn't oreo ? Updates always cancel root binary files

Last edited:
Could it be possible to have a regularly updated overview of the bugs you and your team have identified so far. Something like a sticky item so it will always be on top or nearly on top? So people do not make a lot of double complaints.
For me such a frequently updated overview would be most helpfull.
And it shows to people that you really are working on these issues.
In my working life (Head of ICT/CIO) we had such a short overview to let people know what issues we were already adressing.

Reactions: Ryoma

Thank you. More power.
1. You can flash this Magisk module for enabling full screen gestures.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/430869

Status
Not open for further replies.