Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day!

Was global version 9.5.13.0 OEAMIFA, put Xiaomi EU 8.7.26, everything is fine, there are no problems, only does not see Wi-Fi 5.1, all settings revised, did not find how to fix it. On global version Wi-Fi 5.1 was. Just trouble, help, please.

I met the same problem last week

Do you format persist partition in twrp?
If so
Find the persist.img from the official rom and then flash it
It should be able to fix your WIFI problem

Thnaks for the MIUI 10 ROM. It works fine on Redmi Pro.
However, I found a bug in gallery, when clicking "Albums -> People" I get FC.

can someone please confirm if it supports f2fs or I need to reformat my system to ext4 ?
If it does not support - the question is why ? as it's proven to increase speed

Whatsapp audio i´ts still sending nothing. RMN5. I´m using another app to record audios as a workaround for now.

For the Messaging issue, the FC states that you are trying to downgrade the app's database. You'll have to clear Messaging app's data.
Not enough info to answer on the second issue.

1. Fullscreen gestures don't work correctly on pre-Oreo ROMs, thus support for FSG was dropped on Nougat ROMs.
2. If Spotify is your default music player, then I think it's normal.
3. We don't touch anything related to LED lights on Marshmallow/Nougat ROMs, so I don't know what to tell you...
4. Obviously? Flashing an updated ROM replaces the boot image (where Magisk is being injected), so you need to reflash Magisk every time you update your ROM.

The "Known issues" under the Changelog is already pretty much up to date. Most of the issues people are reporting are non-reproduceable or caused by user error.
A strange thing happened to me. I went back to the previous ROM. Because I just have read about the option to use the updater App and push the button longer. So I did. The App downloaded the new ROM, installed it and now both Apps (Gallery and Messages) work like they should. Could there be a little difference between the ROM that I manually downloaded from Sourceforge and the one that the Updater App has used.
I am really happy with your ROM, so thanks a lot

A strange thing happened to me. I went back to the previous ROM. Because I just have read about the option to use the updater App and push the button longer. So I did. The App downloaded the new ROM, installed it and now both Apps (Gallery and Messages) work like they should. Could there be a little difference between the ROM that I manually downloaded from Sourceforge and the one that the Updater App has used.
I am really happy with your ROM, so thanks a lot
How diffrence could be ? You download full rom there and there

How diffrence could be ? You download full rom there and there
Is there a difference between installing the update out of twrp or choosig the update file manually in the updater app and installing it?
I mind, that some scripts run automatically after installing updates using the updater app - maybe users with current issues did not choose the update package manually in the updater app but installed it "just" directly in twrp?!

Gesendet von meinem MI 6 mit Tapatalk

Is there a difference between installing the update out of twrp or choosig the update file manually in the updater app and installing it?
I mind, that some scripts run automatically after installing updates using the updater app - maybe users with current issues did not choose the update package manually in the updater app but installed it "just" directly in twrp?!

There isn't any diffrence this isn't global always was manual download manual install and that was good

For me too the icon when downloading from play store

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-01-14-06-34-691_com.android.vending.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-01-14-06-34-691_com.android.vending.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 312

The Updater app prepares the update and restarts the phone in TWRP where is installed. After that phone boots to system.

There isn't any diffrence this isn't global always was manual download manual install and that was good
I don't think you got me.
I mean:
- download zip file manually and then
> either install this downloaded zip file using the updater app
> OR installing this zip file directly in twrp

Is there a difference in the called procedures for the manual installation?
I think, only a rom developer can answer this properly.

I mean:

The diffrence is that i never cried about ota becuase i always make a backup :p

IMPORTANT NEWS:

Redmi 6 Pro just got the Anti-Rollback system added to any firmware above 8.7.30 | 9.6.16.0 stable.

RIP Xiaomi didnt listen to the feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryoma
The diffrence is that i never cried about ota becuase i always make a backup :p
I'm NOT talking about OTA!!
I'm talking about installing the zip file using the updater app ( you can choose the file, you downloaded before, manually in the updater app )

I mean:

To be honest OTA is safer if you are comparing the safetyness of them.

Manually you only download the rom .zip file and flash it in TWRP recovery or you command Updater app to boot to recovery and flash it. By doing this TWRP will skip md5 checking as you do not have this file, thus making you vulnerable to bricked device by flashing corrupted file.
This is why you should also make sure the md5 matches by checking it manually every time you update.

If you download new rom by Updater app, the app will download the rom .zip file and md5 file and during flashing, it will compare the rom file with the md5 file and if it passes, it will flash the update, if it fails the check it will stop flashing and reboot to system and no harm was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.