Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest OTA is safer if you are comparing the safetyness of them.

Manually you only download the rom .zip file and flash it in TWRP recovery or you command Updater app to boot to recovery and flash it. By doing this TWRP will skip md5 checking as you do not have this file, thus making you vulnerable to bricked device by flashing corrupted file.
This is why you should also make sure the md5 matches by checking it manually every time you update.

If you download new rom by Updater app, the app will download the rom .zip file and md5 file and during flashing, it will compare the rom file with the md5 file and if it passes, it will flash the update, if it fails the check it will stop flashing and reboot to system and no harm was done.
Ota is safety ? You are very funny

Ota is safety ? You are very funny
Please stop provoking people already. If you wanna help people, then help them and don't post stupid comments.
If you don't like OTA updates then don't like them. If you are "I do all things manually" type of guy then be that guy, let other people be how they want to be.

I do all the updates manually too but I still help other people if they want answers to unknown questions for them.

Please stop provoking people already. If you wanna help people, then help them and don't post stupid comments.
If you don't like OTA updates then don't like them. If you are "I do all things manually" type of guy then be that guy, let other people be how they want to be.

I do all the updates manually too but I still help other people if they want answers to unknown questions for them.
Provoking ? Cries that people don't make backup and after cries that their devices have bootloop because they don't make backup are good ? I understand that you can't make perfect roms but if people are stupid and cry why can't i write stupid comments

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryoma
[QUOTE = "pawellabedz, post: 432916, membro: 200866"] Carica su youtube e dai il link [/ QUOTE]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Downloads app need to be force-reinstalled. We'll make sure it's fixed in the next released.
If you're using any kind of Adblock app/module, add adv.sec.miui.com to Exceptions/Whitelist.

Reactions: Omnio
First, I was on stable china. Then I install this rom via TWRP, and device stick at bootloading. So I go back to TWRP and did a format data, type 'yes'. Then reboot to TWRP, pass the rom file again from my Pc, and install it again. Everything works good.

Very happy with xiaomi.eu rom. No lags on xiaomi mi 8.

Reactions: Ryoma
Hi all.

I've got a Mi 4 with the last MIUI 9 dev, that is 8.4.26. My question is, could I flash directly this release or should I flash some official MIUI 10 before?

Thanks,

Did someone succeed to install Systemless Xposed by Rovo via Magisk on the Mi5
I had this in miui9 but since Miui10 came out i can't install anymore.

I always get bootloop with every Xposed Beta.

Hi all.

I've got a Mi 4 with the last MIUI 9 dev, that is 8.4.26. My question is, could I flash directly this release or should I flash some official MIUI 10 before?

Thanks,
You can install without wipe you can wipe dalvik cache you can install wipe all

You can install without wipe you can wipe dalvik cache you can install wipe all

Sorry, pawellabedz. I did not understand you. Do you mean, first I should install official MIUI 10 without wipe and then install xiaomi.eu rom wiping all? Or simply, install xiaomi.eu rom without wiping and so on? Thanks.

Sorry, pawellabedz. I did not understand you. Do you mean, first I should install official MIUI 10 without wipe and then install xiaomi.eu rom wiping all? Or simply, install xiaomi.eu rom without wiping and so on? Thanks.
Sorry but i don't understand you :( do you have xiaomi.eu or what ?

I have xiaomi.eu 8.4.26 beta, which is a MIUI 9.6. My concern is about the change to this 8.7.26, which is a MIUI 10. Should I flash the official (miui.com) MIUI 10 developer before flashing this 8.7.26 one? Thanks.

I have xiaomi.eu 8.4.26 beta, which is a MIUI 9.6. My concern is about the change to this 8.7.26, which is a MIUI 10. Should I flash the official (miui.com) MIUI 10 developer before flashing this 8.7.26 one? Thanks.
This is like normal android's upgrade :p normal download normal upgrade that's all

There must be some difference. The ROM that I manually downloaded gave me "Network-->emergency messages". The ROM that the updater App uses does not.
No size of rom is the same if you download by manual and by ota but manual download is safety because you have control

Does somebody know how to make the step counter work? Thank you very much.

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

I have this problem: no text or maybe transparent menu. How can I fix it? Thanks

95cdc78390437f9ea5212f6b8d584b29.jpg
47bdc5d469486009fbd50dd6fee35107.jpg

If you're using any kind of Adblock app/module, add adv.sec.miui.com to Exceptions/Whitelist.

Didn't work my friend :(
I add that line to the whitelist on the adblock I use... but the FC continues.

Any more suggestions?

Thank you!

There must be some difference. The ROM that I manually downloaded gave me "Network-->emergency messages". The ROM that the updater App uses does not.
Could well be an additional script with Updater app that has turned off you emergency messages settings, whereas a manual download would be expected to retain old settings - only a guess on my behalf.....

I cant get my Nut 3 key finder to work with the nut app on this ROM, I think the ROM is restricting it from working properly in some way, ive allow literally every app permission and battery save restriction in the app but it dosent work. Could there be a fix for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.