Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
VoLTE problem.
MIUI 10 8.7.26 installed on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
Please fix the option to disable VoLTE.
Because this function is not supported by all the countries. For example, in Uzbekistan there's no volte function is enabled in operators network. So, the main reason why I'm complaining about this functions, is because all the the phones with enabled volte function are have the issues with call connecting. It takes too many seconds to connect, and sometimes it may fail to connect. and then, phone switches to HSDPA mode (3G) and only after switching the connection may be established.
Please fix the issue.

Attachments

• photo_2018-08-05_16-38-31.jpg
    photo_2018-08-05_16-38-31.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 347
VoLTE problem.
Because this function is not supported by all the countries. For example, in Uzbekistan there's no volte function is enabled in operators network. So, the main reason why I'm complaining about this functions, is because all the the phones with enabled volte function are have the issues with call connecting. It takes too many seconds to connect, and sometimes it may fail to connect. and then, phone switches to HSDPA mode (3G) and only after switching the connection may be established.
Please fix the issue.
enable disable VoLTE dial *#*#86583#*#*

Last edited:
Reactions: Feruz
I noticed that, by pressing the on / off> reboot button, I find another 2 "buttons", but what are they for ?, have you seen 2 buttons?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-05-14-03-02-366_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-05-14-03-02-366_com.miui.home.png
    579.3 KB · Views: 444

I noticed that, by pressing the on / off> reboot button, I find another 2 "buttons", but what are they for ?, have you seen 2 buttons?
Screenshot_2018-08-05-14-03-02-366_com.miui.home.png

VoLTE problem.
Please fix the issue.
Problem is not caused by VoLTE setting in the phone, (if not enabled in the Operator's network, there is no APN for IMS, which is required for VoLTE).

The problem you are experiencing is with the Operator's configuration of CSFB (Circuit Switched Fallback), which does the RRC Release from LTE, with Redirection to 3G for the CS (Circuit Switched) voice call to be established.

There are many parameters in the Operators network that need to be optimised for CSFB to work as quickly as a 3G CS voice call.

As an example today in Movistar España, CSFB added an additional 0.75 second to call setup time, with a total call setup time of 4.8 Secs, from Extended Service Request message (LTE layer 3 message) for call establishment to Alerting (UMTS NAS message).

These times were captured using full subscription version of Network Signal Guru, on MiMix2, with 8.7.26 firmware, VoLTE enabled but not functioning (Movistar España has not opened VoLTE service yet).

Last edited:
Reactions: Feruz and cobben
Status
Not open for further replies.