Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 283 74.7%
  • NO

Votes: 96 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the explanation. Just to clarify. You have it working on Mi 8?
I don't have a MI 8, I have it working on MI 5. It's possible that Voice Match gets disabled on devices that fail the SafetyNet check, but can't know for sure.

Hi all.
Mi5 issue. Since 8.8.2 I can't download the rom from Updater, because it FC. I have to download manually, put into sd and install normally via twrp. Any fix suggestion?
Thanks
The issue is occurring for about months in this moment and I notice it on my Redmi 4X too.
Nobody can explain why the OTA is delayed.

Reactions: blondz101
Yes I can. Of course, I had to enable it first in Settings -> Google -> Search -> Voice -> Voice Match -> Access with Voice Match.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Everything is greyed out in that menu for me. I've been looking for leads as to why this is all over the place.
4e1989d5f8c287cd7444f0e450f4f24a.jpg

Edit: Adding SafetyNet Check

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
c845f45ef5d3261d701f9e42149da4f7.jpg

Everything is greyed out in that menu for me. I've been looking for leads as to why this is all over the place.

Edit: Adding SafetyNet Check

I've also a MI 8 , but I'm on official MIUI V9.6.3.0.OEAMIFD Stable global (still waiting 52 hours to unlock), and my "OK Google" is "disabled" like yours.
I've tried to switch to US language... to UK, then back to Italy... but is always disabled :(

I've also a MI 8 , but I'm on official MIUI V9.6.3.0.OEAMIFD Stable global (still waiting 52 hours to unlock), and my "OK Google" is "disabled" like yours.
I've tried to switch to US language... to UK, then back to Italy... but is always disabled :(
Do you have a Chinese Mi 8 with Global ROM or a Global Mi 8? I've read that even if you flash global MIUI on C Mi 8, some google apps still wouldn't work (Pay and Ok Google). What I couldn't find anywhere was if the G Mi 8 could use them.

Screenrecorder-2018-08-20-15-01-34-736.gif
Screenshot_2018-08-20-16-50-10-719_com.android.settings.png
Hi. Thank you for your work, nice ROM. I have three problems:

1) blank space when I try to connect my Redmi Note 5 Whyred with an other Bluetooth device (eg. notebook);
2) when I use search menu and I select a result, I scroll down but I can't scroll up;
3) random buzzing noise during calls.
Screenrecorder-2018-08-20-15-01-34-736.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunshin82
Do you have a Chinese Mi 8 with Global ROM or a Global Mi 8? I've read that even if you flash global MIUI on C Mi 8, some google apps still wouldn't work (Pay and Ok Google). What I couldn't find anywhere was if the G Mi 8 could use them.

I've an official International Mi 8, so is a true global with Italian warranty, is not a chinese one.
So fully official, with official rom, still locked... but "Ok Google" was always disabled :(

I've tried to switch to US language... to UK, then back to Italy... but is always disabled

Was the same at my Mi6 a week ago.

It's a Google problem. Just wait a few days and it will come back as it was on my MI6.

Also written here....

OK Google

Reactions: Gunshin82
Here is a short discussion on the Google Voice match problem.
Rather interesting, but I do not use this myself, yet.

Self-referential settings? was my preliminary diagnosis.

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/google-voice-match-doesnt-work.45491/

Was the same at my Mi6 a week ago.

It's a Google problem. Just wait a few days and it will come back as it was on my MI6.

Also written here....

OK Google
Thanks guys. I didn't bother looking on Google's side since a couple of users mentioned that they were able to make it work on Mi 8. Now I'm starting to wonder if they even knew what they were talking about.

I've an official International Mi 8, so is a true global with Italian warranty, is not a chinese one.
So fully official, with official rom, still locked... but "Ok Google" was always disabled :(
Apart from the Ok Google, how's the international version? I hesitated waiting for it since the only difference were the B28 band for LTE and the Global Rom.

Apart from the Ok Google, how's the international version? I hesitated waiting for it since the only difference were the B28 band for LTE and the Global Rom.

I think is the same... in italy the B28 is not used...so... i think that the only real differences are
- EU plug power adapter (so, no adapter needed)
- Official warranty
- Official Global Rom (so i think that is possible to restore the global rom and lock the bootloader)

Does anyone know why did I lose miracast option? When I try to connect my phone with my Samsung smart TV, nothing happens.
What seems to be the problem?

Thanks devs! Good work!
Sadly, still have a bug in the camera app in Mi Note 2. In portrait mode, there is not possible select filters. Please, fix it.
Thanks again.

Reactions: werty

From Mi8, China version cannot relock thé bootloader after installing global. Seems new bad surprise...

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

From Mi8, China version cannot relock thé bootloader after installing global. Seems new bad surprise...

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk
That's quite a well know thing after unlock the bootloader I'm afraid.
At least if you use the great rom from here you'll still pass safetynet without resorting to root/magisk

Reactions: frason and MarkHUK
I tried reflashing this rom (I had problems with Magisk) and hoping the dual apps would disappear, but, instead ANOTHER one appeared. YouTube this time

Status
Not open for further replies.