• YES

Votes: 283 74.7%
  • NO

Votes: 96 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,
I am new to the forum and a proud owner of Mi 8 /dipper/. I read every post in this tread /and in many others/ and I have two questions:

1. Currently my device is on 8.8.9 so I would like to update to 8.8.16. From settings I check for update and it shows "up to date". My options are that I can download the new rom, transfer it to the phone and from there either hit "choose update package" from settings or flash via twrp. What is the difference between the two choices? I read that if flash via twrp then I need to wipe dalvik/cache, but can I update via os settings and if "yes" do I need then to boot twrp and again wipe dalvik/cache?

2. My device came with unlocked bootloader so I presume it was unlocked with someone else account. If I decide to go china stable/stock for my phone/ and lock the bootloader, then will I apply and wait to unlock it again? If I download Mi unlock and hit "unlock", while the bootloader is unlocked /dont know is it possible/ will my account bind to the device?

Thank you in advance,

Hello guys,
I am new to the forum and a proud owner of Mi 8 /dipper/. I read every post in this tread /and in many others/ and I have two questions:

1. Currently my device is on 8.8.9 so I would like to update to 8.8.16. From settings I check for update and it shows "up to date". My options are that I can download the new rom, transfer it to the phone and from there either hit "choose update package" from settings or flash via twrp. What is the difference between the two choices? I read that if flash via twrp then I need to wipe dalvik/cache, but can I update via os settings and if "yes" do I need then to boot twrp and again wipe dalvik/cache?

2. My device came with unlocked bootloader so I presume it was unlocked with someone else account. If I decide to go china stable/stock for my phone/ and lock the bootloader, then will I apply and wait to unlock it again? If I download Mi unlock and hit "unlock", while the bootloader is unlocked /dont know is it possible/ will my account bind to the device?

Thank you in advance,
It's the same update. Choose what you want, as yours say up-to-date, do it via TWRP.

Just don't relock the bootloader and you should be fine. Check your Mi-account in settings so it's yours.

Thread locked.

Let's make this crystal clear for the future:

1. If a ROM is not published DONT ASK ABOUT ITS ETA
2. If a ROM is not published DONT ASK why!
3. If a ROM is available, download it and use it
4. If a ROM has bugs, post the bug to the bug section if the BUG is not already listed
5. If you use any form of abusive or derogatory language to admins or other users you will be BANNED forever!

If people cannot comply with the basic rules and respect of the community then you will be 1000% REMOVED from it.

We have had enough of the idiots filling the forum with the "where is ROM for [insert model here]" etc etc. It stops immediately or you get booted out of this community forever! Hope I am crystal clear to all the people out there!

Reopened thread, a reminder:

1. If a ROM is not published DONT ASK ABOUT ITS ETA
2. If a ROM is not published DONT ASK why!
3. If a ROM is available, download it and use it
4. If a ROM has bugs, post the bug to the bug section if the BUG is not already listed
5. If you use any form of abusive or derogatory language to admins or other users you will be BANNED forever!

I WILL ban people who take our rules as a joke... Thanks.

Xiaomi mi8. After 24h of usage the Bluetooth and reboot bug is still there. Not a big problem. The rom feels somewhat more laggy than the previous the more you use it. Maybe has ram leak or something. And i also encountered a wake lock "gpsd"

Xiaomi mi8. After 24h of usage the Bluetooth and reboot bug is still there. Not a big problem. The rom feels somewhat more laggy than the previous the more you use it. Maybe has ram leak or something. And i also encountered a wake lock "gpsd"

I also encountered the GPSD wakelock on the Mi 8. This and the System UI crashes on German language settings. As this is my first try of xiaomi.eu weekly builds on the Mi 8, I cannot compare with previous builds. What exactly is the Bluetooth problem?

Reactions: ruiamil
I also encountered the GPSD wakelock on the Mi 8. This and the System UI crashes on German language settings. As this is my first try of xiaomi.eu weekly builds on the Mi 8, I cannot compare with previous builds. What exactly is the Bluetooth problem?
If you enable aeroplane mode and then disable it or turn off Bluetooth and on again it doesn't work. It needs a restart. Did you find any solution for the wakelock?

Reactions: PMShodan
If you enable aeroplane mode and then disable it or turn off Bluetooth and on again it doesn't work. It needs a restart. Did you find any solution for the wakelock?
Only restarting after I was aware that GPS was no longer working and that the battery was massively drained by the GPSD wakelock.

Status
Not open for further replies.