Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 283 74.7%
  • NO

Votes: 96 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's more of a Windows 10 issue more than anything else. I've had that issue with lots of smartphones. The workaround would be to try to manually select a driver when trying to install. Even a generic mtp driver should work. If that doesn't fix your issue maybe it's the classic "you didn't choose mtp device on the phone" or a problem with the cable / usb port on the PC. Try changing ports/cable

Every time that you plug your cable into your phone you are given the choice of charging or tranferring of file to computer or one other irrelevant option.
If the screen is closed then use the pull down notification shade and you can still change the setting .
This same procedure should be used every time when you need to send files to your phone.
If you are in twrp it is automatically connected.

Hi,
for the first time in many years with the EU roms I have a problem with them.
Phone : Mi Note 3 , previous ROM was 8.8.9 and all was working well. Now with 8.8.16 I have frequently errors like "System UI has been closed / stopped" If I click Report it reboot, same with "cancel"
Ok, let's go back to previous version , but no luck anymore. After starting up it says immediatly "Prozess "com.android.phone" ......
and boots back to TWRP. I tried with and with out wipe / cache

What now ?

Tks
Henning

Hi,
Phone : Mi Note 3 , previous ROM was 8.8.6 and all was working well. Now with 8.8.16 I have frequently errors like "System UI has been closed / stopped" If I click Report it reboot, same with "cancel"
Ok, let's go back to previous version , but no luck anymore. After starting up it says immediatly "Prozess "com.android.phone" ......

What now ?

Tks
Henning

Wipe all then install again

Every time that you plug your cable into your phone you are given the choice of charging or tranferring of file to computer or one other irrelevant option.
If the screen is closed then use the pull down notification shade and you can still change the setting .
This same procedure should be used every time when you need to send files to your phone.
If you are in twrp it is automatically connected.

I've checked everything on Windows and PTP is working.
Also my other Android devices are working.
With the Mi8 the MTP driver shows a yellow triangle with exclamation mark.

I've also tried to connect starting TWRP. Same issue.

But the hint installing the driver manually is working.
I choose the generic adb mtp driver for the Mi8 and it worked now.

Many thanks.
It's a long time ago that I've worked with Windows.

For Mi Mix 2 I have System UI crashes every 5 minutes since the latest update done yesterday.
Sometimes also on other applications like Google, Gmail, Google maps etc but constantly on the system UI.
Then screen locks and I have to unlock again

Any idea how to fix this?

For Mi Mix 2 I have System UI crashes every 5 minutes since the latest update done yesterday.
Sometimes also on other applications like Google, Gmail, Google maps etc but constantly on the system UI.
Then screen locks and I have to unlock again

Any idea how to fix this?
Change system language to english and wait for the next update...

Mi Mix 2 with 64 GB RAM and 6 GB ROM

Redmi5 plus - Terribile battery usage in this eu dev, it dropped from 100% to 82 % during the night, with mobile datas switched off. Android System drains too much. Please consider focusing on this problem for the next releases.
Screenshot_2018-08-20-06-43-52-862_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Reactions: Alex1990
Hi,
Phone : Mi Note 3 , previous ROM was 8.8.9 and all was working well. Now with 8.8.16 I have frequently errors like "System UI has been closed / stopped" If I click Report it reboot, same with "cancel"

What now ?

Tks
Henning
Install 8.8.16 again.
Only wipe cache/dalvik before reboot
When FC again use English language
Than again German
Works for me since 2 days

Hi all! I updated my mi5 and all works perfect, like 99% of the updates, but this time i have an issue.
I think its only mine, but im not sure, because I didnt find any solution searching in the forum.
My 'Mi Video' app cant reproduce any video. I reset permissions and cleared cache with TWRP but nothing changed.
Sorry if this issue is already posted.
I attach a photo, its Spanish.

Thank you for your hard work.

View attachment 20200
Mi video work fine on my mi5

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

I solved the unwanted dual app problem by restoring the TWRP backup of my data partition, taken under the previous version of eu weekly just before I flashed this version.

That seems to "always" work to solve these kinds of odd lesser problems.

Nothing else I could think of helped.
I never needed to make a data backup, or better yet, I never had a problem so I never bothered with it. Let's hope next week version solves this issue, if not, well, I'll live with it

Hello. Redmi 4 pro, xiaomi.eu 8.8.9
A new 8.8.16 has been released, but there are no updates to it. And I heard that I should be updated by air ... Why is that?
cjPWMh6z7v4.jpg

This is my first time installing Xiaomi.eu roms on my Mix 2. I was initially on Global Stable 9.6.1 and then I tried LineageOS for a couple of weeks but found too many bugs and bad battery performance. I'd like to thank ingbrzy, acid, Igor, graw, Mark and the other devs for making and supporting this project. So far I find it superior to either Global or AOSP roms I've tried. I've found only one thing that is broken in this 8.8.16 release. VoLTE for Verizon in USA doesn't work. So I flashed back to 8.8.3 as I saw biscoot say it worked for him.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-8-2-3.45414/page-6#post-434407
Happy to report that it also solved my same problem

Probably nothing can be done about it until Xiaomi discovers and fixes it in a future release, but thought this might help someone else with same issue.

Screenshot_2018-08-19-22-48-35-744_com.android.settings.pngScreenshot_2018-08-19-23-38-58-531_com.android.settings.pngScreenshot_2018-08-19-22-52-42-622_com.android.phone.png

I have problem.. The icons on the notification bar are gray. Several versions were black before. I want black icons. Help please. ( MI 6X )

Screenshot_317.png

It's not missing, it's removed. No reason to change region. Some of our features depend on it being untouched.

I found a post concerning OK Google where the user states that he was able to make it work by setting the Language and the Region to English (US) :

1. GPS still works after 24h

2. Google pay works, look for version from here https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832238342 dedyk upload was failing with cts profile

3.Arcore works

4. EDIT: I have managed to activate assistant by saying ok google, had to change region and language to US (region is set to poland by default), after 2-3 reboots it started responding back

I wasn't able to test this because as you said, the Region has been removed for stability purposes which I understand. Could you confirm that the reason OK Google isn't working is not because of the Region?

I use it a lot while I'm driving and not being able to make it worked is a bit of a hassle. I only found two posts where someone was able to fix it. The first stated that you need to change the status of the Google Assistance app to a System App. The second is the one mentioned above.

Also, on my Mi 8, when I access the Region from the search bar in the settings, it says that I'm set to China (System) but everywhere I see that the default Region is Poland. I saw a couple of post of other Mi 8 users but they are a minority. Could you confirm that this is normal?

Thanks!

It's not missing, it's removed. No reason to change region. Some of our features depend on it being untouched.
So there is no way to try some of the features blocked in my country :(

Thanks for the answer
And
Thanks for the Great work that every week Developers do!

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Install 8.8.16 again.
Only wipe cache/dalvik before reboot
When FC again use English language
Than again German
Works for me since 2 days

Tried the same as you. Now I installed Google maps, and then system started crashing again on German language. Maybe a location/language issue?

Tried the same as you. Now I installed Google maps, and then system started crashing again on German language. Maybe a location/language issue?
Yes, it's a language problem. Read the second intro post! On GitHub it's already fixed. Will work again with next week's update

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Same here, getting System Ui force close on MI6.

Tried reinstall and clear dalvik

Edit: ah ok problem is already listet one site 1

I have managed to get the old icons from Default theme (that is now called Classic) from older release of the rom.

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Mko7oqM97qArFO-7oqHRG4mHAILNVk7

You have to put it on your internal or SD storage, then go to themes - click the profile icon - click themes - load theme - select the file - now you can apply the theme, it will only change the icons. :)

When loaded the theme is called "Classic Icons" in theme manager.

Kind regards. :)

Can you please do the same with Ocean Breeze from Miui 8 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.