8.8.2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you install the latest Rom 8.8.3? I have also a Mi5 and the GPS is good and optimized in the latest Rom.

Maybe some settings to check?

Hi,

I just flashed 8.8.3 and still the same...

Can you please send me your gps.conf?

Here is the one that I got from the rom, it doesn't seems to be optimized for europe...

Attachments

• gps.conf.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 542
Hi,

I just flashed 8.8.3 and still the same...

Can you please send me your gps.conf?

Here is the one that I got from the rom, it doesn't seems to be optimized for europe...
I am not root and cannot reboot phone under twrp during the next hours, as I am using my phone.
But I just installed the rom after formatting data, no édit no trick.
Verify the app permissions btw...

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Have you set the "priority to foreground apps" options in wifi settings on in any way? This option killed photos sync for me, disable all wifi enhancements and give it another try.
Thanks for the tip. I tried and the resault is the same. Doesnt sync. So strange....

I am not root and cannot reboot phone under twrp during the next hours, as I am using my phone.
But I just installed the rom after formatting data, no édit no trick.
Verify the app permissions btw...

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk
Hi,

CTI doesn't need any permission, gps just need to be on, and even there it's not working at all. 0 satelites. :-(

Thanks for tip. This was the first think i check. Nothing...
Somehow silly suggestion: Did you clear data of the google photos app? What happens if you press the "upload" button manually for each photo? does it upload correctly?

Have you enabled google photos in permissions to autostart and to work in background? I think it might be necessary.

Reactions: nectons
Здравствуйте, дорогая команда, скажите мне, когда ждать прошивки на mi8, на последней прошивке есть проблема с потерей GPS-спутников, она обрабатывается только перезагрузкой, будет ли она исправлена в будущем?

maybe

Does anyone else have a problem with LocationManagerService? It does not allow my MI 8 SE go to sleep. Is this a known bug?

Last edited:
1. yes you can do that and wipe cache and dalvik afterward or just do dirty install without wiping data/internal/system... just install the new ROM and wipe dalvik and cache later

2. camera is worse that stable one so better wait for 8.8.9 tomorrow

thanks man

@ingbrzy and team
Thanks for al your work!

In previous build the time on lockscreen goes dark with a light background and viseversa

Could you please bring that back?

P.s. when loading/ installing ROM
Ist says:"MI”logo and "mi.com"
In my opinion change it to xiaomi.eu

Reactions: Luca_ITA
does this make a difference? I believe Redmi 6 Pro is only available in China.. the shop i bought from probably imported it.. it was from China ROM to this EU rom.. everything works fine except for the Internal Storage issue?

I wonder is it because of i flashed it from the SD Card as initially the TWRP was asking for a password which i could not get passed.. den the internal memory showed 0kb and i could not access the zip file from there.. so i flashed it from the SD card..

later i read elsewhere and i tried to wipe the internal storage... could that be the reason for the problem i'm facing now??

I would buy it but I don't know where. Where did you buy it?

Known issues:
Android 7.x devices REUPLOADED
- Fixed Face Unlock

Since miui 10 i have issue with the proximity sensor. When calling the screen is not turning off. My ear and face is touching the screen.

Can you reproduce this bug and do you know how to fix?

Edit: Redmi 5 Plus

Does anyone else have a problem with LocationManagerService? It does not allow to my MI 8 SE to sleep. Is this a known bug?

Couple of us are experiencing the same
(like me.. and I have a Redmi Note 4 SD).

Ah, I forgot what I did:
- I removed the location based city identification in Weather app and
- I disabled the app com.xiaomi.joyose - this generated lots of wakelocks as well (I didn't find any reference what this app does exactly - so I disabled it.. and I don't see any drawback nor any malfunction of my phone).

Last edited:
Reactions: velvetdust
Hi,
everthing is working fine on mi note 3. Battery drain quickly than xiaomi eu stable.

The only problem i have its always active in the grafics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-10-13-54-02-936_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-10-13-54-02-936_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 583
  • Screenshot_2018-08-10-13-53-49-360_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-10-13-53-49-360_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 795
  • Screenshot_2018-08-10-13-53-45-208_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-10-13-53-45-208_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 572
Status
Not open for further replies.