MIUI 10 8.8.23/24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2018
Call problems with 8.8.23 on Mi Max 3

I have a Mi MIX and a Mi Max 3 (which recently arrived with the xiaomi.eu 8.7.27 ROM). I updated my Mi MIX to xiaomi.eu 8.8.23 without any problems, but I encountered serious call problems on the Mi Max 3 after the update. When in a call the other party would report my voice changed to a robotic sound and they couldn't make me out. I used the MiFlash utility to return the Mi Max 3 to the China Stable ROM and all my calls worked great. I then used fastboot to re-install TWRP, formatted data, wiped everything except System, and re-flashed xiaomi.eu 8.8.23. The distortion in my voice came back when people called me and now I couldn't call out because every call would say "call could not be completed". So I flashed xiaomi 8.8.9 which several Mi Max 3 owners said worked well for them and all the call problems seem to have gone away. I've spent an hour making calls to landlines and other mobiles and so far so good. Perhaps others who are experiencing call problems with the Mi Max 3 on 8.8.23 should revert to 8.8.9 like I did to see if it fixes their call issues.
Hey! Iam on 8.8.23 and iam experiencing same Problems with calls also with mobile Internet interruptions. How can i downgrade to 8.8.9? Just flash it? I just recently flashed to 8.8.23... your help would be nice :)

Jun 26, 2018
Thankfully the good people at xiaomi.eu have stripped the anti-rollback feature from the 8.8.23 firmware so if you are on the xiaomi.eu version you can downgrade without bricking your phone. Just download the 8.8.9 version and flash it in TWRP. Wipe cache and dalvik and reboot. Let me know if that solves your call issues. 8.8.30 should be released this weekend, but now I'm going to be cautious about moving off 8.8.9.

Aug 26, 2018
Thankfully the good people at xiaomi.eu have stripped the anti-rollback feature from the 8.8.23 firmware so if you are on the xiaomi.eu version you can downgrade without bricking your phone. Just download the 8.8.9 version and flash it in TWRP. Wipe cache and dalvik and reboot. Let me know if that solves your call issues. 8.8.30 should be released this weekend, but now I'm going to be cautious about moving off 8.8.9.

Thank you for your answer!

I could also just backup the actual stuff iam on with TWRP and if something went wront on downgrading to 8.8.9 i just could backup everthing right?

Aug 31, 2018
Hello developers, i'd like to ask for your help.
So currently i installed MIUI 10 8.8.23 Chinese Developer Edition on my Xiaomi Mi 6X, and i wanted to flash MIUI 10 8.8.23 from xiaomi.eu , but due to "anti rollback" thing, i'm scared to do so. After i checked fastboot getvar anti, the result says anti : 4 , is it save to proceed ? or is there any solution ? thank you.

Aug 29, 2018
I changed that and will test it in the evening at home. Then let me know tomorrow if it worked. In any case, a big THANK YOU for your efforts. Rarely seen such a good forum !!!

After two days of testing, I came to the following conclusion with the following settings.
Sim 1: is used only for calls I put on GSM only. Works everywhere

Sim 2: The also for the traffic is determined I put on TD-SCDMA / UMTS. Functioning everywhere, only without LTE. If I set the LTD / TD-SCDMA / UMTS, the system does not switch from LTE to UMTS. Only after a restart, if no LTE signal is present, I have reception again.
I therefore assume that this is a bug.
If I understand correctly, this ROM works on the basis of the original China ROMs.
Is the error now with you, or the original?

Thx

May 8, 2018
After two days of testing, I came to the following conclusion with the following settings.
Sim 1: is used only for calls I put on GSM only. Works everywhere

Sim 2: The also for the traffic is determined I put on TD-SCDMA / UMTS. Functioning everywhere, only without LTE. If I set the LTD / TD-SCDMA / UMTS, the system does not switch from LTE to UMTS. Only after a restart, if no LTE signal is present, I have reception again.
I therefore assume that this is a bug.
If I understand correctly, this ROM works on the basis of the original China ROMs.
Is the error now with you, or the original?

Thx
Where do you change those settings? I use the "Preferred network type" to set these and I have no problem with LTE and 3G switching.

Dec 18, 2017
Why don't you just use the simple menu of MIUI?
For set optimal setting in Russia - LTE\Umts auto PRL and i did mod for myself. I will very happy if xiaomi.eu add this setting in their best rom =)

MI 8 8.8.30 is lates Oreo
Pending Update (Android O Last Edition) - Xiaomi Mi 8 adapted Android P, this week released Android O last beta development version, is expected to start beta in early September.

Attachments

Aug 29, 2018
[QUOTE = "Ted Presley, Post: 440653, Mitglied: 192312"] Where do you change those settings? I use the "Preferred network type" to set these and I have no problem with LTE and 3G switching. . [/ QUOTE]

sorry, I have prescribed it I also have to switch to gsm with the 2 sim, because I only have 2G at home. The setting for the 2 Sim is therefore LTE / TD-SCDMA / GSM and switching to GSM -2G only works after a reboot

Jun 9, 2012
Redmi Note 5 AI Dual Camera and Xiaomi Mi Max 3. Everething works GREAT. But the same bug like ALL others miui 10 versions. Google photos doesnt upload the photos automaticaly. I have done everething. Clear cash clear data permisions autostart no battery optimisations format the phone install from the beginning EVERETHING. If i upload manually one by one or many pictures together from the gallery and send to google photoso it works. Automaticaly doenst.

Anyone please? I am asking every time the same thing but nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.