8.8.23/24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This New - "Use app icons for notifications" setting in Notification settings how should it work on my MI8/se?
Now I have icon by clock left from notch? But I don't have it...
The feature is meant for devices with enough room for notification icons. Also, the feature applies to the small icons in notifications themselves, not just status bar icons.
Your device has a notch. What do you want us to do about that?

and where are the colored notification icons?
What is the problem exactly?

I'm really supraised and impressed - OTA works perfect, without an issue. ;D Great work Devs. ;)

However, I noticed, and as I see not only me, some issue with dual apps I guess - I'm not using it at all and have 4 extra apps like MI Video, Notes, Scanner and Updater.
@ingbrzy, is it possible it is going to be fixed before next update?

Thanks.
If it's an issue with official ROMs as well then ask Xiaomi to fix it.

Hello
@ingbrzy Since I updated my MI6 to MIUI 10 I have double sound notification for every message on Whatsapp. I tried even saving, formating, restorig data partition, uninstalled, reinstalled Whatsapp, change sound settings in whatsapp, etc ..
I was hoping that this problem will go away in one of the updates but it didn't and it started to be very ennoying ...
Is there any known solution, or is the team working currently on a fix ?
Thank you
That's how Whatsapp app is built. Not our issue.

Reactions: Calligari
Do you have Cell Broadcasting or Emergency Messages (Network -->More)???
Not sure why you don't have them. Both Cell Broadcasts in Messaging and Emergency broadcasts in Settings are visible on MI 5.

just updated my mido from 8.7.26 to 8.8.23, no major issue seen so far.
device is fast UI, no dual app effect, only fingerprint unlock seems slower, battery charge also seems slow.
Will update after a few days testing.
I let my mi5 running 8.8.9, device reached 350h and still very smooth no bug.
Do you have Cell Broadcasting or Emergency Messages (Network-->More)? It is not on my Mido with Dutch language.

Not sure why you don't have them. Both Cell Broadcasts in Messaging and Emergency broadcasts in Settings are visible on MI 5.
Last time I had it, was on ROM 8.4.26.... On MIUI 9, since MIUI 10 it is gone. But still like your work!!!
Screenshot_2018-08-25-11-50-20-359_com.android.settings.png
Screenshot_2018-08-25-11-50-26-681_com.android.settings.png

Last edited:
(...)
If it's an issue with official ROMs as well then ask Xiaomi to fix it.
(...)
As I'm not using official ROM, I have no idea they have same issue - only known here I found is about Korean language, which I don't use.
However, thanks for the feedback.

Do you have Cell Broadcasting or Emergency Messages (Network-->More)? It is not on my Mido with Dutch language.
Same, not there anymore, French language.

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 4X en utilisant Tapatalk

Installed on my Mi4c,notification bar became transparent is that way to disable transparency?

Last edited:
whyred

Still strange bug with bluetooth:
  • switch off bluetooth, then switch on bluetooth in quickmenu. Doesn't work. Reboot necessary to get bluetooth working again.
  • go to flightmode, then deactivate flightmode. Works like expected.
  • switch off and on bluetooth in Settings - Bluetooth works
Maybe it's a problem in quickmenu buttons?

Hello Everyone,

I have a MI5.

So I face a strange issue, 3 weeks ago I was in Xiaomi.eu version xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.1.9.0.NAACNDL_v8-7.0 and I didn't updated phone in more than one year. Three weeks ago I decided to update it and made a full wipe and format erase everything updated TWPR and update version 8.8.9, the week after I update to 8.8.16 and now for 8.8.23 but after that I never had camera in those version.

If I go to 9.5 stable I have but in MIUI 10 I can't have cam and I already try install 5 different cams and all workaround I can find. I'm the only one with this issue?

Besides of this all work well except the battery drain but I already bought a new one because people say this can be a battery issue.

Any idea to fix cam would be very appreciated, thank you

Hello Everyone,

I have a MI5.

So I face a strange issue, 3 weeks ago I was in Xiaomi.eu version xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.1.9.0.NAACNDL_v8-7.0 and I didn't updated phone in more than one year. Three weeks ago I decided to update it and made a full wipe and format erase everything updated TWPR and update version 8.8.9, the week after I update to 8.8.16 and now for 8.8.23 but after that I never had camera in those version.

If I go to 9.5 stable I have but in MIUI 10 I can't have cam and I already try install 5 different cams and all workaround I can find. I'm the only one with this issue?

Besides of this all work well except the battery drain but I already bought a new one because people say this can be a battery issue.

Any idea to fix cam would be very appreciated, thank you
Mi5 8.8.9, camera is there and work fine.

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Rom is smooth and fast on redmi note 5 pro (will you add more pro options to stock camera like focus and exposure time ? 4k)

Works fine on Mi Max 2, camera2 api, google cam works.

Edit : Sms deleting sound is back though and many contacts are displayed twice in Contacts app, does anyone here have this problem too?

I don't know what you mean by SMS deleting sound exactly. Could you be more specific?

I don't see contacts displayed twice. Contacts appear as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.