Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-25-13-56-59-905_com.google.android.apps.translate.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-25-13-56-59-905_com.google.android.apps.translate.png
    761.5 KB · Views: 414
Redmi 6 pro with new update... ''use app icons for notifications '' still not working... Please fix it thank you.
What exactly do you mean by "not working"? Show, elaborate, give something useful to work with.

Not sure why you don't have them. Both Cell Broadcasts in Messaging and Emergency broadcasts in Settings are visible on MI 5.
Switched to English, it is more universal for others then Dutch. I can see Cell Broadcasts when I go to the installed Applications for Messages. But neither in English or Dutch this reacts on tapping (if that is English?)
Screenshot_2018-08-25-14-08-33-077_com.android.mms.png

Regarding the 4 dual system apps, will future release have a fix for deleting them? If there will be, I'm not going thru the data backup and restore routine for fixing that as someone suggested now.

Reactions: hydelezz
Yes you can, but it is allways better to full wipe to avoid errors or bugs, but it can be done .
You even can just flash it on top off 8.8.16.
Thats called dirty flash. If you are not sure, make a nandroid backup before updating
Thanks for replying.
Got it now

is it so complicated to understand:

1. If a ROM is not published DONT ASK ABOUT ITS ETA
2. If a ROM is not published DONT ASK why!

Every week the same questions.

Check the site, when the update is here download it.
If not enjoy your life and wait a bit.

I think that even if you published the list of terminals of whom ROM has been suspended for various problems, and you set it text in bold, size 50 underline, red, flashing, lighstsaber effects and sound at the top of the first page of the site, people will not read these information anyway, going on asking why an update is missing for a device.
These are "human beings"!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: trustkill
Switched to English, it is more universal for others then Dutch. I can see Cell Broadcasts when I go to the installed Applications for Messages. But neither in English or Dutch this reacts on tapping (if that is English?)View attachment 20319
Please check in Installed apps whether "Cell Broadcasts" app is enabled.
Some Classic Theme icons are same of Default (Limitless) Theme.
So your issue was with the classic theme, not the default theme.
Yes, 8.8.23 has a completely fixed classic theme.

All perfect on my HM4X, except for Mi Remote. It wouldn't save the setting and would ask for permissions at every startup. Good news. A reinstall of the app worked. And more good news.. This rom includes the 2018-08 security update.

Reactions: redmi-wolfy
Please check in Installed apps whether "Cell Broadcasts" app is enabled.
When I go to Installed Apps and search for Cell Broadcasts nothing pops up, no separate App for this(?). In the app Messages the option for Cell Broadcasts does not react at all.
Or am I searching at the wrong way?

Last edited:
Under Themes the preview of both "Default" and "Classic" shows the same icons. Maybe that's what he meant.
I doubt that he meant that. Even if it was the issue, we seriously don't care about that. That's so unimportant in comparison to other issue we have to face.

Reactions: Jos W
I liked the previous limitless theme icons way more than the current squarish ones. Maybe somebody has the .mtz of the xiaomi.eu icon pack from the previous builds?

For icons of classic theme, you'll need to apply a couple of times before all change to the original perfect round corner icons.

Yes, this release fixed the problem of those icons.

Works fine on Mi Max 2, camera2 api, google cam works.

Edit : Sms deleting sound is back though and many contacts are displayed twice in Contacts app, does anyone here have this problem too?
Can you comfirm *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* works? What version of *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* did you use?

For icons of classic theme, you'll need to apply a couple of times before all change to the original perfect round corner icons.

Yes, this release fixed the problem of those icons.
I mean not the classic theme, but the new limitless which is default now

What exactly do you mean by "not working"? Show, elaborate, give something useful to work with.
hi,i enable '' use app icons for notifications " after that i get any msg from imo,viber,skype but theres no any notification icon appear on the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.